1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 Final Fantasy VII Remake - Remabootquel

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Xeogran, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Canute87

Don't think it can work that well as a hack and slash. the summons are themselves quite time consuming especially knights of round.

Unless they plan to cut the sequence short.

2. creative

I'm not doubting the ATS system is dated but I would be pissed and turned off from buying the game all in one if that happened. Now if you wanted to implement shortcut cues/keys to make the game faster, that would help.

3. Death-kun

I hope if we quad-cast Knights of the Round we'll still have time to go to the kitchen, make dinner and eat it before the animation is all finished. :cat

Also, I'd really prefer if they kept it turn based. However, we don't need an ATB. They could just update it to resemble FFX's turn based battle system, which many laud as the best in the series.

4. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    I don't remember being able to quad cast KotR because of the 999 MP limit and it costing 250MP.

5. Death-kun

There was a glitch involving Mime that allowed you to, iirc.

6. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:
    Tales combat is kinda cool.

I'll be perfectly happy if they just leave it as is though.

7. Palm Siberia

Will they include content from the spin-offs like Advent Children or Crisis Core?

8. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    I wonder if they will add some more mini games in gold saucer. I spent many hours in there just playing around.

9. Kamille Bidan

Flag:
    Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    Nomura told this to JeuxVideo.com

"Nous avons annonc? un portage HD pour PlayStation 4, et puis nous avons le remake qui arrive sur PS4. Vous aurez ces tr?s, tr?s jolis FF VII qui existeront sur un m?me plan. Nous pensons que si cela doit arriver, pourquoi proposer exactement les m?mes jeux ?"

"We announced an HD port of FF7 on PS4 and then a full remake on PS4 too. Thoses two nice FFVII games will exists on the same game console, so why would we give you the exact same games ?"

So that means FFVII remake won't be the same FFVII. It's not just a graphic update. Expect some big differences, and not just graphical.

10. the_notorious_Z.É.

Flag:
    Portugal
    Can't wait for Supernova in HD, that better look glorious with all the planets being destroyed in over the top CGI goodness and last several minutes.

11. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    Supernova had me laughing. Destroy multiple planets + the sun in our solar system but only tickles the main team.

I just hope they keep "Those chosen by the planet." when you meet Sephiroth around the world and no just spam one winged angel. THAT is my biggest fear.

12. GRIMMM

Flag:
    Japan
    I'm glad there will be changes, as if they literally just copy and pasted the entire game with shiny new graphics people would get upset and say "where's the innovation?!".

I also wonder if they will be removing some content that was in the original, such as the dolphin jump part and going into the bar and jacuzzi with cloud and a bunch of beefed up guys.

I do hope they do something cool with the chocobo racing system though. Different ways to customise them, perhaps add cosmetics and armour to make them look awesome, as well as several racing tracks as the original only had two. They better not remove Joe and Teioh!

Just thinking about the world in general, all the amazing places you can go, and places you can find by randomly wandering will look amazing with current-gen graphics. Very excited to see the Golden Saucer and Wutai, as well as the summons.

13. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Summons worked well KH, don't see why they wouldn't work as well in a hack and slash and tales styled game.

14. Palm Siberia

[youtube]HLccW2lv854[/youtube]

Sepiroth's real theme right here and I hope they keep the ost mostly the same.

15. LegendarySaiyan

This reminded me of how scared I was of Sephiroth, and his theme made the scenes with him even more frightful. I was seriously afraid to encounter him and fight him anytime in the game like he would just magically appear right in front of me, until I actually was strong enough to feel confident to take on him closer to the end. But even then I was scared. This theme is just amazing, I love it. I remember how it used to change the whole atmosphere in my room, felt as if Sephiroth was watching me. Hehe, good times! :laugh

16. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    I still remember in game when you first hear that theme. You wake up in the mansion (in the cloud flashback) and you keep hearing the bells part over and over until the Sephiroth slaughters Nibelheim scene and it comes on in full force.

Honestly this really is THE theme for Sephiroth, it captures him a lot more than one winged angel ever could.

17. A. Waltz

After announcing that the PC version of FFVII was coming to PS4, why announce the remake now?

Tetsuya Nomura​: The PC port, honestly, wasn't really on my radar. I thought it was already on sale. Regardless, there's really no relation between the PC version and this remake. Why now? This week at E3 we announced several titles coming to the PS4: not only FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and World of Final Fantasy, but [also] a new Star Ocean and more. Rather than announce the remake after those titles went on sale, we wanted to give gamers something that would make them happy -- open them up, perhaps, to buying into the PS4.

You've called it a remake, but what's going to change? Will the story change?

TN: Hah! Well, that's something that literally... [He gestures to his open laptop].

The trailer was vague; it felt like it could well be a sequel, or even a prequel.

TN: That's exactly why I wanted to have the word "Remake" into the trailer -- precisely to clarify that. At this point, I can't talk to specifics. Or at least, I'm not allowed to talk about the specifics. But the original is out again: The "HD" PC version is coming to PS4 already. We don't need two of the same thing. Even if we beautified and upgraded the visuals -- something that's bound to happen. If it's a full remake, then of course, we want to take a different approach. If we actually just upgraded the visuals -- there'd be no need for me to direct it.

"We don't need two of the same thing."
    Well, I can't honestly say. But things will change.

Just the price?

TN:
    [Laughs] We can't comment on pricing. We haven't even mentioned the true title of the remake.

Is there a comparable remake in gaming, movies?

TN:
    If I say anything, then that could reveal too much. If I say, "It's a bit like this," you'll suddenly think: "Ah well, then that's going to turn out just like that." In the trailer, at the end, I try to reference that: "The reunion at hand may bring joy, but it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings."

People will wonder how far the game will change and exactly what is going to change. Sure, at first there's the joy that the game's returning, but then the concern that what you liked in the original may change or disappear completely. People have different demands. But if we take everything literally the same, we're turning into the HD port again.

So you could flip the genders of say, Yuffie?

TN: Nothing that drastic! But there will be changes. More than me, [Producer Yoshinori] Kitase and [scenario writer Kazushige] Nojima are more concerned about what gets changed. I'm not too worried about that. I'm often happy to cut out parts. Before meetings, the pair of them often discuss what's happening. It's very likely that not everyone is going to like everything.

The trailer seemed pretty serious in tone. Will the occasional humor the original game carry through?

TN: The comedy or the lighthearted parts -- I like those. I don't want to change it that much. But we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there. But if we took away parts like the lighter moments of the game, then it would no longer be FFVII.

source:

so yes, he does say that "what's the point of making the same game twice" but he's referring to how it's not going to be a carbon copy of FFVII with just remade graphics, since that's basically what the port is. even if they just remade the graphics from the ground up with HD models, as he says, it would be really weird to just have an HD Cloud and Barrett stand in line waiting, slash once, and then go back to wait before making another move. Things like that would look ridiculous in this HD format.

i think nomura's shown in various interviews that he plans to keep the funny shit in. he shows no intention of removing those silly sides, as the bolded states: "if we took away parts like the lighter moments of the game, then it would no longer be FFVII." he is well aware of the fact and i don't think people should be crying wolf so early.

18. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:
    It's definitely opening me up to getting a PS4.... IF they release it for this gen.

19. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    Well at least Fem cloud is all but confirmed.

So that's the most important part of the game 100% in.

20. Jake CENA

Catdank Faction:
    Lel if this remake is entirely different than the original then that could only mean Aerith wont die in this version and is probably the strongest party member :bury

21. Takahashi

This kind of worries me. Is he implying that the remake won't be turn-based?

22. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:
    I think you're reaching for such a worry.

He's likely just talking about the animations.

23. Takahashi

Standard turn-based combat is kind of defined by exactly what he described :geg

I hope his intention was that it would be a more natural-looking battle system, but I don't want any FFXIII shit.

24. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    If they could make it like FF13 but with more user input that could work too. But yeah we can't go back to the old FF7 battle pose I don't think it would work in the modern day gaming.

Honestly I would be happy with a KH style fight. But unfortunately this interview has already got the FF7 ultra fanboys/girls screaming that they are going to destroy "perfection." Like "This man are sick." or gaping plot holes or even the first boss which literally tells you to attack with tail up.

Video that states my view on this group.

[YOUTUBE]oXkF2viFDgU[/YOUTUBE]

25. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:
    You caught me before my edit.

Still, he's most likely talking about animations.

FF13 is ATB turn based too, the only difference is the animations. They're just flashier.

26. A. Waltz

id love a kh style fighting system.

27. Palm Siberia

[youtube]KztZmZDNCVg[/youtube]

I dunno it seems like it's turning out good so far.

I'm curious about the materia system's changes...

28. Kamille Bidan

Flag:
    Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    It's good that it won't be a carbon copy.

Aerith's death might be too much for me in high detailed 1080p

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  29. Enclave

If they fuck up the combat system? I'm flat out going to refuse to buy the game. I'll just pirate it on PC.

Real time bullshit isn't right for Final Fantasy VII. If I don't have control over my party members then what's the point? I don't want to only be able to control one character at a time, I don't want some Star Ocean or Tales crap here. Those are fine control schemes for those games but not for Final Fantasy VII. Too many games are taking you away from party control and focusing on you controlling a single character while AI controls the rest and it's unacceptable.

30. Death-kun

If I wanted a KH battle system I would just play KH. :maybe

FF7 Remake should be more than just a fresh coat of paint, but shouldn't be a complete renovation either. They need to change just the right things while leaving other things alone.