1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy Vs Marvel.

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by The Nameless Pharaoh, Oct 6, 2006.

1. The Nameless Pharaoh Shin Sekai No Kami

-Rules:-

1- No Reality altering.
    2- No matter manipulation.
    3- No planet blowing.
    4- Pure combat. (Can't win by cheap tricks, like creating a black hole)

Which verse wins ?.

PS: Please don't be comic tards and discuss instead of saying something stupid.

Tags:
  2. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

i dont know anything about FF but id say people like dr strange can do a lot of damage with his spells then you have the insanely powerful super cosmics so if FF doesnt have anything short of that level they are screwed

3. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Well, Final Fantasy characters would put up a pretty good fight. They can turn invisible, and cast you into another dimension with 100% accuracy.

They can also call upon dragons, demons, and gods to kill anything instantly, destroy things on a massive city-block scale, turn you into pigs, imps, frogs, and tiny versions of yourself, among other things.

I know everyone will just say Marvel wins, and if Cosmic beings are included, they probably would. But, FF would slaughter most of the earth-bound Marvel characters with relative ease.

4. The Nameless Pharaoh Shin Sekai No Kami

@Cybprg: Well you can visit Wikipedia to find out more about FF. I assure you that you'll be surprised at how strong those guys can get.

5. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

the problem with marvel is that its very diverse you have people that are insane with magic, unbelievable super speed, godlike durability and 1000xeinstien intelligence plus people who can manipulate molecules and what not

6. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Ultimecia. Kefka.

Though, Dr. Strange has the Vishanti on his side. Though he had home advantage in his dimension, Agamotto manage to fight Galactus, of all cosmics.

7. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

Marvel Mutants/Inhumans/Exiles/Eternals/Heralds etc totally outnumber the Final Fantasy characters, and only the Villans and Protaganists will stance a chance against some of the marvel characters.

Not to mention Cosmics like Galactus on marvels team, i can't see the final fantasy teams lasting very long at all.

8. CrazyMoronX Old Man

FFV Gogo could single-handedly handle Galactus. :nuts

9. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

'cept Gogo has 9999 hitpoints and Galactus would have like 34234987238. Plus if Galactus' first action is "eat Earth" then it's not like Gogo can mimic it after he's dead ;)

Seriously, only a handfull of the toughest bosses would survive the initial seconds of the matchup. All the heros and villians of Marvel vs. Kefka and Ultimicia and whatever doesn't seem like a big challenge to me.

10. CrazyMoronX Old Man

FFV Gogo was stronger than FFVI Gogo, he was basically invincible, and anything you did to him, he did back to you.

Also, Ex-Death from FFV could suck the entire planet into the void. He could also engulf single entities into the void, towns, or entire continents. He could match up to a lot of those super powerful jerk-asses.

11. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Ah, I was only thinking of the VI Gogo.

Though to be fair, the one in V could be beaten just by not doing anything. It may take some time, but eventually they'll figure that one out ;)

Like I said, the best-of-the-best of the final fantasy world would be up there in the power measurement. But they'd also be outnumbered by an obscene amount.

And when it comes down to it, none of the protaginsts in the series were that obscenely powerful and a group of the good guys can beat any of the bad guys.

12. CrazyMoronX Old Man

You can only defeat Gogo by standing still assuming he challenges you. If he's just there to fight, he won't just up and leave as he did in FFV.

Just because they are out-numbered, doesn't mean they cannot win. Their attacks are usually very massive. Ultima can destroy a very large number of heroes, and can be cast at no cost, in rapid succession by Terra, Celes, or even Gogo from FFVI.

Also, they can call Meteor, which will rain large meteors on a massive number of people. Then there is X-Zone, which also engulfs a large number of people into another dimension. Meteo is like Meteor, except it's more powerful.

This isn't even taking into account the normal monsters of the FF world. Countless number of Behemoths from FFIV have access to such spells mentioned above. As do other casting monsters. These are just normal run-of-the-mill monsters.

It's not going to be easy for either side.

The problem with this particular fight, is that Marvel's cosmics and godlike characters are available. While there are probably similar characters in the FF verse, they aren't mentioned that often, and we know nothing about them.

13. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

FF only stands a chance with Selphie's and Cait Sith's limit break "The End" and "Instant Victory."

Of course, similarly, if Cait Sith gets "Death to All", the FFverse is screwed.

14. Gambitz Active Member

none of them win, you know why cause thier both Gay...

15. Emery Active Member

Ultimecia was the easiest boss ever. I beat her without losing a single player, and all weapons on default. :p

But yeah. I'd say that this would be a pretty good showdown, but Marvel would come out on top eventually.

16. Havoc Basted God

Marvel could speed blitz them.

17. Keollyn Cheryl & F5 fanboy Retired Staff

Saint Ajora would be up there too. Just upon his death was there an event similar to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Subsequently, I'd like to say that one should remember the Rukavi in this too. There's quite a bit of power within that group... with Elidibs and Altima being the major ones of concern.

18. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

Wait a minute, is this all the Final Fatansy chars from all Final Fantasy games.. or is this all the Final Fantasy Protagonist from all Final Fantasy games?

19. Shizor It's been fun, Simon.

Seems to be all monsters, bosses, and characters of the FFverse.

As for the fight itself, I don't really know who'd win, I think it would depend on whether Galactus is the strongest marvel cosmic.

20. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Nope, there's at least a few above him.

Pheonix and Living Tribunal are above him for sure. Eternity, Infinity, Lord Chaos, and Master Order are also above him I think. And The One Above All, lest we forget.

In a weakened form Pheonix can eat suns and bring the dead back to life. In her pure form she recreates the multiverse at the dawn of it's destruction. Just her raw power kills everyone from FF though.

And she absorbs the energy she produces so Mimic's worthless against her ;)

21. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

Ugh.. so it's become TOAA and People like that verses FF...:laugh
    Well, Marvel still loses.:nod

22. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Well, someone above asked if Galactus was the most powerful cosmic, I answered the question.

Cosmics aside FF has no hope. Cosmics and near cosmics aside there might actually be fighting, but Marvel still generally wins (depending on how wide of a "near cosmic" line you draw).

Bare in mind, most of the endgame bosses in FF can be beaten by 3-6 people with just physical attacks. Physically most of the FF characters are not terribly impressive (I'd say low end fighter-types would be around Captain America's physical form, upper end maybe a class-30 Spider-man?).

23. Jin22 Well-Known Member

It's not really fair to pit ALL of Marvel against FF. Talk about total and complete destruction, Final Fantasy being on the smashing block.

24. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

When you say without Cosmics, does that include or exclude the Summons of FF?

Also, who cares what base physical stats they have, are you forgeting the FF verses can just augment them?-

and um, no, FF verses don't have no hope. There are lots of high level magicians and spells which could pwn outright and even use Marvel people to pwn each other. more importantly, in terms of just raw numbers, Ff isn't really outnumbered. Not if we include the thousands upon thousands of monster races, off which each race would probably have thousands or millions of monster of monsters.

and FF7 also has the Odin summon who is Sky Father Level in marvel, and yet all Bosses in FF7 can shrug it off and are in fact uneffected.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  25. Keollyn Cheryl & F5 fanboy Retired Staff

Odin in FF =/= Odin in Marvel

26. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

I didn't necessarily say that Odin is the same level, I was more implying a relation...(mythical) Anyway, the fact is that Odin was used and resisted by bosses in FF7. Moreover, Odin, at least the one that is used in FF7, I'm pretty sure stems from Norse Mythlogy and is the cheif God. So it is not some small ass feat to be able to resist Odin's attacks, or any of the God Summons.

If you really want to get technical, then I guess it would be necessary to look at all Odin Mythlogy Norse God based feats/description and then compare him to Marvel's. Then with that done determine who is stronger and or weaker or if they are on the same level.

27. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

When I was discussing limitations, I meant limitations on just Marvel's side.

Against the FF multiverse:
    Marvel with cosmic's (primal forces of the universe Galactus et all) utterly crushes them with no hope.

Marvel with near-cosmics (people with absurd levels of power, Silver Surfer and the like) utterly crushes them with no hope.

Marvel without cosmics or near-cosmics the fight will last a while, but as long as the "near cosmic" level isn't dropped to low Marvel will win eventually. The low end of the high tier in Marvel is stronger than any random encounter (stronger in a definitive sense, 500 War-mechs won't even scratch the current Iron Man or classic Juggernaut. Behemoth's will only annoy the Hulk, etc).

Only in FF8 are the playable characters physical stats actually enhanced in the FF universe by powers and that was limited by a very fininte number of GF's. The others are enhanced humans for sure, but none of the in-game cinimatics and scenes seem to indicate they're too terribly powerful.

FFIV: Some guy on the moon's going to destroy the world! Too bad we can't simply destroy the moon or push it out of the way or anything, guess we'll have to go in and fight him. 5 guys with swords manage to kill him though, so no worries.

FFV: Some guy merged to worlds using cosmic items that are keyed to the specific worlds. Under his own power, he's a friggen tree. I'll say that again, he's a tree. He's killed by four guys with swords.

FFVI: Some guy absorbs the power of three gods and uses it to destroy a good chunk of the world (one of the best individual showings). He's beat by 30 or so random guys that are somewhat signifigantly above the previous two example's physical levels, but still pretty close to human (Sabin's probably class 30, maybe around Spider-man's agility and speed a threat for sure but physically no more than mid-tier in Marvel).

FFVII: Some guy threatens the world with a meteor, it takes seven or eight people to take him down, and they fail to stop the meteor without the combined life-force of the planet.

FFVIII: Some weird chick uses "time compression" to force a fight with seven people who whup up on her with minimal trouble. "Time compression" would be barred by the opening post so she's worthless.

FFIX: Some random golem tries to overthrow a low-end techno-watcher type. He fails by himself, but thanks to the protagonists manages to sieze control. The protagonists then whup up on him. Then they fight some other random guy for no apparent reason. As an aside, the summons in FFIX are the only ones that have been used as tactical city-wide weapons, interesting, no?

FFX: Sin. An interesting monster that would probably take a little while for Iron Man to kill, but is generally too slow to be a big threat (note normal guys with machine guns have some degree of success in forcing Sin away from cities).

FFX-2: Something that apparently couldn't fight Sin needs three girls to break.

Against all of Marvel, the FF series is found wanting.

28. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

You guys need to understand that these are just games, the only reason a 3 or 4 member team defeated ultimecia, kefka and others is because thats what's supposed to happen in a game. You have to finish the game so thats how it ends. If it was real life ultimecia's powers would near omnipotent since she can pretty much control reality. Since it's a game it has a lot of limiters on them

29. Donkey Show Bukkage

Altering reality doesn't matter in this battle.

30. Vicious für immer

i doubt machine guns can pirece his barrier.dont even remember ever seeing a machine in FFX.?!