1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XI

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Matti, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Matti

Is there anyone here who is playing FFXI? its so fun, iam playing on the Fenrir server.

Tags:
  2. Hajime Saitou

I used to when it first came out, was fun but then i got bored of it :cool:

3. SuttiZ

im waiting for my copy of the game. im really looking forward to it

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  4. Final Ultima

Ditto, I'm as much of a Final Fantasy fan than the next guy, probably even more so, but Final Fantasy XI became very tedious very fast.

5. Hajime Saitou

Yeah it's mostly the leveling that has problems i guess, to level up fast you need to have a party but yet they made it hard to find parties a lot.Then soloing is impossible unless you fight enemies that give you weak exp.

6. Li-sama

The most people complain about is the lvling. Once the PS2 release and the n00bs came in (sorry but not every PSer was. lol but some of em i just wanted ti ring their neck). The age level was lower dramatically and the economy in the game was shot. I dunno about hte other servers but Quezecotal (howeve ryou spell it) and Fairy you lost your means of making money. lol Now with the international coming out soon (i dunno if it has already or not) thats goign to bering in a ntoher flow of people that ... prices will drop and just more overal.

Partying is hard especially once you get around Dunes, because people get annoyed easily and its hard to find good parties. I liked the game and overal its awseome if you look at the programming and game developement aspect. lol weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I droped out a month ago but i have two more to get myself together and get back on . IF i ever get time.

7. DragonSlayer

Yeah, I play it. I imported it from the US around last spring. I have played it a lot but I have changed servers three times and I just changed server recently (I'm on Midgardsormr now) so my level is only 8 now.

The game is fun and all but it kinda lacks variety. That's why I don't usually play it more than 2-3 hours a day.

8. soulblademaster

I used to play on the Slyph server under Battousai but I got tired of it once I hit lvl 30 and got some advance jobs because there wasn't anything else to look forward to. Leveling got old real fast, and the amount of time you haver to dedicate to lvling just gets insanse around the higher levels. The game turned into a level grind and it lost its appeal to me after a while. Not to mention everyone looks the same.

9. BladeZ

Well I got it recently as it only came out last week in Europe!

I'm on the Pandemonium server, lving is very annoying, espcially if you start out with something that doesn't have cure! But i'll play it for a while longer, part of a nice linkshell on there so I can talk to people and ask for or help other people out.

10. Matti

If anyone wants a WP to Fenrir i can get it for u. Just send me a PM

11. its fang

i did but i stopped. back when it first came out and until january - march i stopped. i think i only played like 3 - 4 months. i don't know why but i quit. i had an urge to play it a couple of weeks ago but it's kinda late to start back up.

12. GaTe

Yea im waitin to get my FFXI game in November but..in the mean time..Ragnarok Online is a VERY AWESOME GAME!! It's maybe bugging
    but its great ^_^

13. Jin

Hey there, i noticed there wasnt a FFXI thread so i made one. I just started FFXI. Right now the server is down =( So i cant make my character. But if anyone wants to talk about there race/ or what they are doing on FFXI post it here. Let us know your server, name, race, and class. =D

14. Ssj3_Goku

I should come back to this game to play a summoner or get to one i should say But i decided to go back to EQ.

This game is alot of fun but to focused on grouping IMO very hard to solo stuff in Ff 11.

15. kirab

Yeah I totally agree. I used to be an FFXIer, but then I stopped just because it wasn't that fun anymore for me. :sad

It's a very interpersonal game, you need to get along well with others and you need a party in order to level up without killing yourself after lvl 10.

However, it is a lot of fun if you like a HUGE world in which there are tons of things to do. I just scratched the surface of the game while I was playing. Check out Link removed for your FFXI source and a great forum. FFXIOnline has been around since like 2002/2003 (yes - before the game came out in Japan!) and they have the best FFXI forum IMO.

16. Jin

ahh kool, yeah i like it alot, controls toke me alittle while to get use to. I wa use to EQ style of play and control.

17. mpcooper

Well I play FF11 and its pretty cool since the recent patch they fixed the xp from 51-75 and it is way more reasonable but hopefully you start out on the Gilgamesh server where I am then I can help you out if you need it but if you have any questions my handle is mpcooper on pol

18. MiyamotoX

Come to my server :smile-big I'll help you start out ^^
    Feel free to email me at I'll get you a world pass to my server :wink

oh and my status are
    54 Samurai (most likely 60 by end of the week)
    70 smithing
    And Im joining a God LS soon ^^ maybe ill post a movie of one of my God battles :laugh

19. Jin

thank you two. My friend got me a world pass. I play on Caitsith. My character name is Zetus. He is lvl 10 WAR, lvl 7 MNK. Going to get him 10 in mnk today.

20. ArcaSpiff

I love the game........

21. Kaeriuchi

I like FFXi, though the level dropping really ticks me off. They should remove that.
    I am on the Fenrir server, though I see none of you are on that one. T_T
    I am a White Mage in Qufim currently, and I want to unlock Summoner and Dragoon sometime.

22. Yomii

I play FFXI too. I'm a mithran WHM on the server Garuda. Currently stuck on level 34 trying to farm money for Erase and running around the globe for the teleport-quests.

The game's really addictive, I spent my last summer holiday almost entirely playing and then I ended up deleting that character. Dammit.

23. Kaeriuchi

Why did you delete that character, Yomii? :p Did you do something wrong, or did you just get tired of it? XD

24. kungpaopnda

i played as well... bahamut server - 75 blm 73 nin all subs at 37 *cept for drg ... addicting game that is dominated by JP's with insanley fast connections to the server... lost its appeal due to jp's monopolizing everything =\

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  25. Kaeriuchi

Lol, speaking of FFXI...what does everyone think of that marriage system they have?
    haha :p Any of you married in the game?
    I'm not, but I did get a proposal a few days ago, to which I have yet to respond. XD
    Awkwardness at its best. :p

26. Yomii

I got sick of the game and I quit. The exp-grind and the damn gilsellers really ruin the game.

I came back because I've gotten so many great friends in-game and if you have the right attitude the good things override the bad ^_^

But it gets tiring, every once in a while.

And about the marriage-system... I think it's a nice little addition to the irl-couples but getting married [even if just in-game] to someone you barely know sounds weird to me xD; I've gotten a few proposals but I've politely turned them down.

27. ArcaSpiff

How many Final Fantasy games focused on ONE character? Hmmm...none, you always had a party. Does that make any sense.

Btw,

Koutetsu
    46 Dark Knight
    Elvaan
    Quetzacoatl server.

28. kungpaopnda

this game will consume your soul and all of ur time ><; it's addicting

29. Liengod

Anyone play?

Post your job levels, rank, country, main character name, and server. :smile-big

30. Kaeriuchi

Level 6 Dragoon, rank 3, Bastok, Mirae, Fenrir.
    There. :D