1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Fire Emblem: Three Houses - weabo Dangerous Minds

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Naruto, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Cardboard Tube Knight

That’s how new game plus works. You can master any class you’ve already mastered and level up to a skill any character had before.

2. Lord Genome

I'll just go ahead and get Professor level to A+ then. I'm already half way there and I know I'm only in chapter 2 of Timeskip Claude's route. So plenty of weeks left to pull it off.

4. Cardboard Tube Knight

I’m trying to resist the urge to marry Mercedes again. Kind of mad Byleth can les out with Hilda.

5. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

I just had a vision: Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2.

Old cast from the first game - Tsubasa, Ellie, Itsuki, Touma, Kiria, etc are all back. Only this time, they're the mirages - mirages to the group Dorothea and Manuela forms in order to revive their old opera troupe and help heal Fodland after the war. They teach them modern idol stuff and help them fight evil music hating ancient dragons and stuff. It would be awesome.

In trying to come up with the members of Dorothea's group, that gets a bit foggy. But just plugging in the Black Eagles kinda works.

Tsubasa - Edelgard
    Kiria - Dorothea
    Ellie - Petra
    Minori - Bernie
    Itsuki - Byleth or Casper
    Touma - Ferdinand
    Yashiro - Lyndhart
    Maiko - Mannuela
    Barry - Hubert

With Edelgard, you could just have her wear a mask or cut her hair to hide her identity And if that doesn't work, just replace her with Lucina or someone. :maybe

Maybe you yourself were simply just meant to recruit and marry her on every route? :maybe :hmm

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  6. Haruka Katana

Flag:
    Japan
    Catdank Faction:

I got my professor level to A+ by spamming fishing... :skully

7. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

So I've finally commited to the Golden Deer NG+ route, but something has really irked me about their supports.

Maybe it's just recency bias from the avalanche of supports I've recently went through, but, the Golden Deer students are doing way more chores in their supports than the Black Eagles ever were in theirs. Laundry, cleaning, library book arrangement. This is all servant stuff! But the future of the Alliance is forced to do these tasks, when they could and should be studying and training. And all the while, Empire brats like Bernadetta von Varley gets to slack off in their rooms all day just because she's a noble of the Empire.

This unjust treatment of a house filled with commoners is but a microcosm of Fodland's class imbalance perpetuated by the church. Now more than ever do I realize that Edelgard was right. And nobler still is that she wished to do away with this system that she and hers have and would benefit the most from.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  9. LostSelf Moderator

I've never felt so sad playing a Fire Emblem since the time I had to kill Lloyd in Blazing Sword.

Love Three Houses. Finished Black Eagles house partially as:
    Spoiler:
    I didn't know you could choose to go with Edelgarde or the church, I thought she was the only evil character no matter the choice, just like your choice doesn't matter when you're asked to join the army when she is masked.

Loved Petra.

Now playing Golden Deers.

10. ShadowReij

Uh huh. Or you know, maybe the Alliance group (Claude, especially for very specific reasons) already had the mindset that the whole commoner vs nobility idea was bullshit. However unlike Edelgard, they don't find that the entire world has to burn to do it. Does it need to change? Oh yes. But it didn't need to burn. :maybe

It's too bad you couldn't ship Claude with Edelgard. I definitely think that would've worked out and been hilarious at the same time. :noworries

Instead, she's gone and conquered the world while still thirsting for her professor ahem- I mean, wishing she had Byleth for his "strategic value". :maybe

*cue all her colleagues rolling their eyes*

On another note. GODDAMN! I didn't ever suspect Mercedes had a savage mode to her. I've actually grown to like Lorenz but damn did she just roast the fuck out of him. :breh

Mercie: "Oh you say you don't want it, but I know you be lusting and can't enough of commoner pussy. I'm going to leave before your face pisses me off even more. But let me just warn you, you don't know what your missing."

Lorenz: :dafuq:dafuq:dafuq

Me::avalon:avalon:avalon

On a sadder note, why must I kill off my former students? Why can't I recruit them post-time skip. Forgive me for not being able to save you.:catcry:catcry:catcry

Later on I'll replay the GD route and save them all. :umasob

11. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Have to mention, I love this scene (and Claude) even more going in a second time :hoho

Spoiler: As far as Edelgard X Claude goes,
    sadly, I don't think Edelgard would ever forgive Claude for ruining her dumb plan to kill him and Dmitri. :hoho

Only killed off 3 of my students in my first go through. Well, technically, only one of them was actually my legit student. I felt like shit, but felt a bit at peace once I realized that she now sleeps with the fishes. :LOS

Lorenz seems to be the Ferdinand/Slyvain of the Golden Deer. An up his own ass type that will soon realize that he aint hot shit. It's a fun arc, but I feel I might get burned out on it. At the very least, he seems more reliable than Ferdi in battle.

Spoiler:
    IDuring that convo, I was being an ass and said I would like to join the Flame Emperor, and her reaction to that and later on, Edelgard's reaction to my answer to that is what keyed me in on her being the Flame Emperor. Was kinda suspicious after the Flayn kidnapping battle, but that reaction of hers just made the whole thing click.

Also, Petra is wonderful.

12. ShadowReij

The Schemer smelled a second rate bullshit scheme. Don't hate the player, hate the game Edel. :maybe

Also, she can't forgive Claude for ruining her failed assassination attempt, yet I'm supposed to forgive her thirsty ass for getting my old man killed and join her. Bitch please. :hoho

You monster, you're supposed to protect the precious Cinnamon Bun. :wth
    Actually, no. That's not his arc at all. You'll find out. He very much fits with the rest of the attitude the GD has about Commoners and Nobles. He just has a very different way of looking at it compared to everyone else.

It's been quite enjoyable. You learn to love him despite initial impression.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Drake

Spoiler:
    Maybe I am missing something obvious, but didn't the bandits in the beginning almost kill her? And weren't those bandits told to go and attack the students by the Flame Emperor? I don't remember this ever being explained in the Black Eagles route...

14. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

I didn't even know you could spare anyone either until after I finished the route and heard about others sparing various people. Not to say that I would have spared anyone during that run had I known, cause I was in full Fire and Blood mode.

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to that Mercedes convo :lmao

Spoiler:

Whatever her plan was, it went to shit when Claude ran away, and she and Dmitri had to follow. I'm pretty sure she had Hubert or someone hiding in the shadows to protect her and teleport her away if everything went as planned with the other two getting killed or if anything got too hairy for her, just like how Hubert popped up after she was cornered in the tomb, or with Monica after she killed Jeralt.

But yeah, Claude totally fucked her assassination plot over.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Cardboard Tube Knight

My girls getting good art!

16. ShadowReij

I've heard you can spare I just don't know how. Been trying to avoid killing or even fighting them to see but they immediately start moving and straight toward Byleth.

Stop charging him you idiots you stand no chance, just stay put. :catroll

Got to give Lorenz credit, I never thought anyone would be capable of pissing Mercedes off. Man, was I wrong. :obamabury

17. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

I can't remember how I murdered poor Ignatz - either it was a long range meteor from Dorothea or I shot him down with a danced up ballista while he was retreating. Then there was Ashe - I pretty much fed his axe impaled body to Edelgard's dragon, or like to imagine that I did. Made sure Felix and Annette were the ones to kill their fathers as well. Now that I look back on it, I was pretty evil in that run :lmao

Speaking of Ignatz, he seems pretty smooth despite his demeanor. With Marianne anyways.

Leonie's strength just seemed to stop leveling up ever since I switched her back to her amazing timeskip design. In my first playthrough she was a monster with her gains. But now evrn Ignatz and Lorenz have passed her up.

18. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

NPD says Three Houses has secured the largest launch of a Fire Emblem game in U.S. history. Launch month sales tripled those of the previous best-seller in release month, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Three Houses is already the second best-selling entry in the franchise, and should eventually overtake Fire Emblem: Awakening.

That's pretty crazy

19. ShadowReij

It deserves it, unlike Awakening, it's that damn good. And alot of changes here were done for the better. Hopefully they keep a few.

20. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Well done Three Houses, well done. However. . . .

Really though, that is awesome.

-----
    Also just saw this:

:rotfl

21. Cardboard Tube Knight

I spared Claude in one route and recruited someone else.

Ashe had a death wish though, I went all the way around the map to avoid him and he mad a mad dash for me so Dorothea dropped a meteor on him.

22. LostSelf Moderator

Spoiler:
    I was too innocent to see it. Couldn't believe sweet Edelgard would've been capable of such. :gglife

Gotta play her route to see her point, though.

Yep, the girl is awesome. I love how she speaks, and in spanish it's even more sweet. She was a unit I sent by herself and she'd do it easily thanks to her great speed.

23. Bergelmir

Started playing this, and I have a question: Is it possible to max out supports on all characters? My first time playing a Fire Emblem game, so I'm kind of farting around just messing with the systems, but I'm wondering if I should just focus getting supports up for a core few.

24. ShadowReij

With Ashe, I thought I could talk to him like other recruitables in prior FEs. Nope. He came to fight and died.

The latest victim was Ferdinand. Literally at the corner of the map far away from the action. Claude can fly, open the treasure chest and come back without engaging. And that was the plan.......until he charged straight towards me like a madman with a deathwish. He died annoyed that Edelgard has her eyes on me while Hilda basically did what she did best.

Hopefully I can save the next one.

Also really nice touch how everyone is clearly traumatized by being forced to kill their old friends. Makes things extra heartbreaking. :catsupine

Edit: Annnnd did a little bit more digging and apparently in most cases the only way to spare any of the kiddos you have to fight post timeskip is IF you had recruited them to your house pre-timeskip.

Well fuuuuuuuuuuuck. Hope the kids are prepared for more friends dying. They can blame Edelgard for that.
    Yes, this game has been designed where getting and ranking up your supports is much easier compared to prior games. And for a very very good reason when the second half of the game comes in to play. Dinners, Choir, individual cook sessions, lost items, gifting, etc, almost everything builds up support.

All it requires is that you plan out your time wisely in the first half of each route especially. REALLY wisely if you're aiming to get them all minus the vassals in your first playthrough.

My advice, is that immediately start focusing on who you want to recruit that's outside your house early. You'll naturally build support with those in your house easily with time so you can ignore them a little. Take them for the monthly mission and heal that unit often. You'll know the support level is ready to level up when you stop seeing the hearts show up.

And the moment Tea Time becomes available abuse it to build your supports insanely quick by gifting them their favorite items.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • List
  25. Bergelmir

Alright, cool. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

26. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

This world and it's lore are truly fascinating. I love it. Some called this a mix between Thracia and Tellius and I can see why.

Spoiler: Heavy spoilers from Claude's Ch 17 paralogue

Interesting. And I fucking knew it.

Seteth and Flayn are two of the four saints. Each obviously capable of transforming just like Seiros (Rhea). Saint Macuil took off and long forgone his human form. And took one of Claude's family's sacred treasures with him. I'm still a little fuzzy on why the 10 Elites fought the Saints and apparently Seiros but I'll probably catch that latter or on another playthrough. Macuil definitely didn't seem to be a fan of Sothis though. Saying he can smell "stench oh you."

So that's 3 of the 4 saints down. Where is the fourth one as Byleth is Goddess reborn. Hmmm. Guess I'll wait and see.

Though it is absolutely hilarious, Ignatz has no idea he's flirting with his actual favorite saint. Player got game. :Mshad

28. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

:lmao So, this just happened:

Annette's Creepy Claude Canto >>>> Dorothea's Ode to Edelgard

29. ShadowReij

Ooooh yeah, that moment right there is what made me ship Annette and Claude. It was just perfect. :maybe

Claude and his overanalyzing ass. :lmao

Plus, if you've paid attention to Cyril's supports with Hilda that is the biggest hint of who Claude is.

• List
  30. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

I do kind of feel he does have a connection to those lyrics, metaphorically speaking :hmm

I will have to do some Hilda and Cyril stuff it seems. Claude's support with Cyril gave me an idea, but that could just be a red herring too. But, given who he was allied with in Edelgard's route, I am feeling something of a Trojan Horse type of character.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019