1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Fireworks!!!

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by Kage_Kama, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Kage_Kama

I can't believe this hasn't been done yet.

Anyway, I'm pissed because I live in California, and in terms of fireworks, where I live, we're reduced to party-poppers every 4th of July. And God damn, what REALLY puts the icing on the cake is our illegal neighbors who shoot bottle rockets (sometimes at my house) while I'm not even allowed to own sparklers! My dad works for a fireworks company, and I've seen the shit they've been reduced to selling. All these dumbfuck politicians make fireworks illegal, forgetting that America sucks without them! How can you live without fireworks?!?! I can't believe America's current generation has to grow up never knowing the joy of blasting a bottle rocket sky-high. God damn I wish I had some M80's. :mad

What's you're view on current fireworks status where you live or in other areas?

Tags:
  2. Chintsuzai

The politican's are stupid. XP Fireworks are fun AND environmentally frendly! =D...Where I live you can shoot off fireworks.. actually the government and the city shoot off a ton of fireworks during holidays XD But if you want to shoot them off yourself, you can buy bigger ones but it's illegal to shoot them off in the city. So most people just go camping and shoot them off. >_<;

3. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

Well it makes sense to ban them in city areas considering the risk that one of the bastards flies inside a building and detonates.

4. Chintsuzai

Yes.. that's not fun at all.. -__-; Although I still know people who do it.. XP

5. Kage_Kama

But we can't even own bursting fireworks, or even sparklers that burst and then flare. >.<;;

We are LITERALLY reduced to those lame-ass party poppers where you pull the string and confetti and some smoke comes bursting out. The most dangerous product my dad's company sells is this barrel-like flare that fizzles and shoots harmless sparks (taking away the "dangerous" adjective I used earlier). But the damn thing has more warnings on it than a pack of cigarettes and prescription marijuana put together. And the politicians now want to make it so we need a PERMIT to get even THOSE kinds of "fireworks" (for lack of a better term).

6. Stealth Tomato

They're banned in all of Pennsylvania, but nobody bothers enforcing it so we just go over to Ohio to buy them.

7. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

8. Kage_Kama

If it were up to me, I'd just buy them somewhere else like Vash does. But my dad says that even though we don't like it, a law is a law and we have to obey it until it's changed (and believe me, my dad is fightin' the good fight trying to change it). But the damned biased politicians refused to go to court on and my dad HAD them with a petition signed by like 16,000 people to get a bill passed asking to allow fireworks. They wouldn't hear it, so my dad took the issue to the Supreme Court, and guess what? They refused to hear it. :mad

9. jungwah8

In my state we can buy sparklers and all the small stuff without a permit. But to buy the ones where you light and throw, we need a permit. And arials (sp?) are illegal, of course.

I understand what you're saying. It is unfair to limit what we can buy without a permit, especially since we know fireworks are dangerous and we're taking a risk. Plus all the warning signs.

I also understand why the law is there. I think the politians are first looking out for our safety. They believe it is far more important than celebrating with fireworks. They also probably think "oh, if they want to see fireworks they can go to a public place where they do celebrate with fireworks in a show".

...I lost my train of thought. Anywayz, all I really needed to say was, reducing it to party poppers is ridiculous.

Ehehe...sorry if this wasn't helpful in anyway. I'm not much of a debater. :D Good topic.

10. Kage_Kama

But damn, going to see a public showing where everyone is screaming and talking isn't the same as going out by YOURSELF and shooting them off YOURSELF. And I don't live in the city; more like suburbia. And screw what the politicians think of our safety. I have parental supervision, I myself am no dumbass with explosions or bursts, or even projectiles as I have handled firearms before, and buying them shows that it is my choice to take the risk.

11. hmmm...u could go like to a neighboring town to lit them up. but that is sad. here in florida, we're allowed the small stuffs. anyways...hope u have a happy 4th of july. :p

12. I ARE 1031

Well if everybody wants them so bad just start using them as you please. If everybody starts using it they can't really enforce the law. 16,000+ arrests for fireworks would NEVER happen. If it did the politicians would lose all respect for letting it get to that point.

13. akuma no omoigakenai saku

I'm not really sure what's legal where I live, but I think we can still get roman candles and stuff. My neighbours are planning to have fireworks this Friday and I don't think they need a permit or anything. (apparently other neighbours hate them for doing it last year because they exceded the legal limit or something.

Everything is illegal now. I think once they made it illegal for adults to ride bikes without helmets they started down a really shitty road.

14. lekki

When I worked in a fireworks stand last year in Indiana for some spare change, we just sold an extra permit for $2.00 that makes it legal to fire off anything over 30ft. As long as you're over 18 it was allowed.
    We had the best times. I threw a smoke bomb into a bar later and lit of some artillery shells in the parking lot :)
    We even had rockets and we had a 6 ft string of M80s. That got the cops over. It was popping for a good 20 minutes, it was hilarious.
    I feel your pain man. You need fireworks during the holidays.

15. Kage_Kama

Gaaah!

*bashes head into a wall*

Stop! Stop! Now I REALLY want fireworks!

Way to freakin' go! I'm so damn jealous now........ *cries*

16. exmorte

Well in kansas the only thing illegal state wide is bottle rockets i belive, but It is not enforced. Now where I live in lawrence they made it illegal to shoot/sell fireworks within city limits, though it is a college town which means that those laws are not enforced much at all, and nobody cares. Thank you college kids. pshh oh and btw most politicians suck... XD

17. Zerolok

I want fireworks to be legal. Getting caught by cops wasn't a very good experience for me. I always go to PA to purchase fireworks anyway, and then just shoot them off. I've been caught only once, so yeah. Save me the trouble of having to go all the way to PA.

18. ۩ReYmДN-dono۩

yea its the same thing where i live.......its not my problem that some fool blowed up his finger....fireworks should be allowed....

19. Uchiha_Zero

Fuck the law against fireworks! Last year me and my friends got all these fireworks(not the crappy kind, I mean TEH 1337 KIND) and blew 'em all up in a field? And the finally was a Pineapple(A Pineapple is basically the equivalent of ? of a stick of dynamite). Yeah, the cops came? but it was like 11:00 PM so they couldn't see us too well, and we just ran across the field, jumped the fence, and got the hell out of there! :p

*Goes back looking for more fireworks online*

20. SDF1

I can see both sides of it. While you personally may not be the kind of person to carlessly use fireworks, for everyone of you, there are probably two other people who are complete idiots and should never be allowed near any explosive of any kind, ever. These are the same kinds of people who throw fireworks at living creatures, or shoot off roman candles at freeways (which looks hella cool, but NO! BAD!)

What you've got to understand is that firework laws aren't made to limit kid's fun, but rather to promote a more safe environment in this overly litigious society. Every time some fool brat blows his fingers off, fireworks come closer and closer to being banned outright.

It doesn't matter if you and your friend are careful and safe... the laws aren't there to protect you. They're there to protect the entire industry from being destroyed by the stupidity of a few.

You should be thankful the laws exist, or otherwise you probably wouldn't ever be able to hold a firework in your hands again, because they would be restricted nationally to licensed firework technicians.

21. Uchiha_Zero

I completely understand that, SDF1? I'm not saying I don't care about my safety, but sometimes the law goes to far. Yes, I know they're not trying to limit my fun either, but if I want to shoot off fireworks on the 4th I will, I mean damn people! IT'S THE FORTH OF JULY!! WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LIGHT FIREWORKS! SO THAT'S WHAT I AM GOING TO DO!! WHO'S WITH ME?!

VIVA LA FIREWORKS!!

:p

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  22. SDF1

Sure, why not. VIVA LA RESPONSIBLE USE OF FIREWORKS!

23. Hitomi_No_Ryu

I live in New Jersey where fireworks are illegal but my family always used Japanese-brand fireworks on the 4th of July. (Side note: It's funny...for the past 4 years, my mom personally brought those fireworks from Japan by plane and the airport security systems STILL hasn't caught her with the goods!! And they're just sitting in the bag too...we're not even trying to hide them! :laugh )

24. Gaara_81

so do i....damn them...i can't get any of the good stuff anymore

25. Jester12

I personally don't see anything wrong with this....

26. Uchiha_Zero

*Sigh* This thread was never ment to have three pages huh? :xp

27. Nerwyn

Sorry to say, but I really don't care about this issue. I've never used fireworks myself, and I'd be kinda afraid to do so (aren't they dangerous?). Anyway, I think it's more fun to watch one of the fireworks displays that the local towns or cities hold - they're free.

28. DragonHeart52

Vash! You must live near my old home area (in fact, I fly into Pittsburgh and drive to my mom's home in Ohio from there).

I live elsewhere in the midwest now and only see the small stuff set off within the village. However, when I lived in Ohio, the area was rural enough that we set off rockets and other fireworks that my aunt would bring on her annual visit (she lived in Arizona). Since she drove to Ohio, I have no idea where she picked them up, but we had fun with our own display on the 4th.

29. yamoto

i live in Cali and they are illegal but me and my friends still do em

30. Radical Dreamer

Yes, because California is just the state for open fires! Durrrrrrr