1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Five Ways To Improve Boruto Manga And Anime

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by saboltgene, Jul 13, 2018.

Will Releasing The Manga Weekly Increase Popularity?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. It depends on the pacing

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
    1. Unleash Kama
    - Let Bolt use this power from now on. I'm not exactly saying that they should reveal all it's abilities right now coz that would suck (plot wise) but they can give bolt limited access to it's power, introduce some excuse for them to prevent bolt from overusing it like maybe saying that it exhausts his chakra, or maybe say that he can only access it's power for like five mins, when five mins is up he can only use it in the next twenty mins or so, just keep it's power under wraps, he can only absorb jutsu for the time being.
    - Make him train extremely hard before he can unlock more abilities, don't make it easy to control, currently boruto hasn't really undergone hard training so the seal can get him into the groove of training. The more he trains, the more control he gets over the seal, this can obviously take a lot of time considering that not every battle is centered around bolt, others also need their time to shine.

2. Give The Side Characters More Development
    - They can do this by giving the side characters harder missions or one on one battles with villians. I personally want to know they these people work under pressure, do they step up or do they bail, these type of fights will further develop characters like denki, namida or wassabi.
    - Plus more screentime is also paramount to their development.

3. Introduce Villians With Talk No Jutsu Resistance
    - The reason mha or black clover is more popular then boruto is obviously because their villians are more realistic, they can't be reasoned with, they are proud of what they do plus there are higher consequenses for their actions. They need to make bolt understand that you can't always talk your way out of problems, the world isn't black and white, they could also introduce real life elements like drugs, trafficking, rape, terrorism and other white collar crimes to not only develop boruto but to also educate the young kids watching the show about problems our society faces.
    - They should try to avoid villians with sad backstories, least they can do is make them psychopathic or don't give them backstories at all, mystery is also a great way to keep the audience interested. In real life if a criminal breaks into your house, you don't try to convince him to change or ditch crime, you'll only get yourself killed in the process.

4. Introduce New Dimensions Or Worlds.
    - Since the Otsutski are from a different world, it's paramount that new dimensions get introduced because we saw Momoshiki harvest an unknown world which then proves that there are dimensions were people actually live in. I want to see new powers get introduced because tbh i'm getting tired of seeing the same thing over and over again.
    - It's also another way in which the show can step out of the shadow of 'naruto'. I'm currently lookin forward to seeing the main clan of the Otsutski, imagine what cool powers they have, i don't think i'm prepared for what i'm about to see, imagine the power creep:catfish

5. Release The Manga Weekly
    - Even though this means twenty chapter per week but i'm down for it, it's obviously better then waiting a month or at best six weeks for forty pages. Long term this will help increase the popularity, sales, and ranking.
    - Monthly manga sucks because of all the waiting, the longer i wait for something, the easier it becomes for me to lose interest. For example, let's say you watch a season finale of your favourite tv series right now, what are the chances of your forgetting what you just watched in like five months or so, very high so weekly content is the way to go or just let anime be the only canon material.
    -What other things can be done to improve the manga and anime?

2. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Ikemoto and his team are already struggling at a monthly release.

A weekly manga isn't going to change the biggest problems with the Boruto series: forgettable characters/characterisation, mediocre art, unlikeable MC, hardly any focus on other characters especially older gen, piss poor lore, and an overall story that isn't that captivating.

A weekly manga will give tops an extra 20 pages a month. Ikemoto/Kodachi's problem is in their mentality not how much resources they have.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  3. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
    i guess

4. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

It being weekly will have more hype and popularity . I still can’t believe a shonen manga like boruto is monthly SMH

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    The anime doesn't really need to be improved. Maybe better production and schedules ...

The manga need two things :

1 ) Faster pace. ( Debatable )
    2 ) Stop focusing on Boruto too much. ( Or at least makes missions with multiple teams to have some much needed side character focus. )

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Kras Lee Well-Known Member

2. its a damn time for them to show how much strong is rock lee and explain more of the eight inner gates who was the first person to activate them

7. Zef Dark Magician

Five Ten Ways to Improve Boruto Manga & Anime.
    :troll

1) End it.:derpko

2) Make other characters besides Boruto relevant :edu (Kawaki doesn't count)

3) Don't start your series with the new main character (who we aren't yet attached to) constantly bad mouthing the old main character (who we are attached to)
    :kobe

4) Don't make us wait through two different recaps of the same movie. :avalon

5) Don't give us an artist who's artstyle is a downgrade from Kishi, and even SP's standards.
    :heckk

6) Don't make us wait an entire month for little plot progression in the manga.
    :wow

7) Stop drawing the female kiddies like this is FairyTail
    :scust

8) Give us a reason to care about the new gen other then them being the children of the old gen characters we love
    :psyduck

9) Don't bring back anymore "dead" characters just so they can be hype tools.
    :gabe

10) Decide if this is a story about ninjas or cyborgs & space aliens
    :ickkk

....Just get gud :blessed

....preferably sooner rather then later..

• Winner x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  8. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

Came here to say this

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

Focus more on Boruto since he's proven to be better than Naruto was as a kid

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. BlackGod Well-Known Member

2) have sarada rely on her uchiha side instead of sakura's hulk like strength.
    3) more minions (outers) the kids are to young to fight the main villian group (kara inners)
    4) take us to other ninja villages or countries
    5) focus on other teams (just shikadai's and metal lee's.
    6) kill sakura
    7) bring back neji
    8) less rasengan
    9) for godsake don't give kawaki a doujutsu.
    10) introduce the ketsurygan (I think that's how its spelled)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. Hypothesisnull Na-na-ruto kun!

You want the manga to go from "kind of ok" to "terrible"?

It would be atrocious if the releases were weekly. Ikemoto and Kodachi struggle to deliver what we get.

Even more? Wow.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

I think that's a big reason for Boruto being perceived so much worse as the equally bratty Naruto was. However I think that's more of a problem with the fans than with Boruto. I think the fans should put aside their attachment to Naruto for a moment and recognize that while Boruto is bratty he's not exactly unreasonable and his attitude improves drastically when he's talking to people that aren't Naruto.

13. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

1) Kiba gets a prominent role
    2) Since it's too late to undo the New Generation mess, introduce Kiba's lost child (it doesn't have to be the child of the girl he's with, Tamaki)
    3) Kiba and other adult characters will alternate between outfits and hairstyles (similar to what the strawhats in One Piece do)
    4) Focus on New Gen overall is significantly reduced as the adult life is focused on more.
    5) Develop neglected clans e.g. Inuzuka, Hozuki etc
    6) No Alien nonsense

Production changes:

1) Never really read the manga but the art is apparently really shit, so replace the current artist with a better one.
    2) Get rid of some awful SJ editors
    3) Revoke anime rights/licience from Studio pierrot and give it to another studio such as madhouse or Bones

14. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

Studio bones has no details in the characters . SP is better for that

15. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Massively disagree. It's very much the opposite. Even since shippuden, the detail in character art has been incredibly poor.

16. Djomla Student

Make it an old gen show.

The end.

• Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  17. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

:LOS

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

SP:

Bones:

19. Zef Dark Magician

He is unreasonable, no matter what the narrative tries to spin.
    :dank

I'll preface by saying this....When I talk about attachment I'm not necessarily including myself.

I like Naruto, but I'm a Sasuke fan first.

Between Naruto's destiny plot, his Jesus persona, and his apolologism for Konoha's crimes I wouldn't include myself among those who are attached to him.

That being said, I did not endure 10+ years of watching him become more insufferable just for his brat kid to whine because he has responsibilities as the leader of a country.
    :giogio

I don't care how many birthday parties he missed. Boruto sounds lame crying about that stuff when his female classmate in contrast has had an objectively worse experience.

I would argue that the fact Boruto's behavior can be seen as reasonable to people is another issue with this series: Naruto has gone through Luke Skywalker level character assassination just to fluff up the new protagonist and make him look better.

Just like The Last Jedi took Luke - a symbol of hope - and turned him into a bitter depressed hermit; Boruto took the dude that preached about love & loneliness and made him unable to spend time with his family.

Read up on whats happening to the Star Wars franchise. Boruto will follow suit if they continue to treat the old cast like shit.
    :ufdup

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  20. Hypothesisnull Na-na-ruto kun!

Cowboy Bebop alone ruins Boruto in terms of details and animation. Let alone projects of them like "Xam'd: Lost memories".

My Hero Academia not only is better animated but the writing is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better than anything Boruto can bring.

My only conclusion is that he is unaware of Studio Bones quality and series. Mob Psycho 100 is delicious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  21. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

22. Indra I can't stop eating

Just make it weekly and we'll see what happens.

Monthly kills the hype

23. Hypothesisnull Na-na-ruto kun!

The hype being killed is true. Monthly does that.

24. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

If I'm not wrong there are probably many monthly series which are much better received than boruto and are selling well while maintaining hype.

Didn't @Platypus say that?

The problem is that the content is shit and lots of people aren't interested in it.

People would buy even a slow monthly manga if it was interesting

25. Indra I can't stop eating

That's actually incorrect to be honest. What Luke Skywalker went through and Naruto's dilemma are two different issues.

It's not even worth drying out multiple paragraphs to explain it.

Just watch episode #64 of Boruto, or find the scene online. Naruto's character actually grows, and is seen as a human-like figure who isn't a perfect 'God-like' Messiah people paint him has.

He has flash backs to the points in the story where he actively ignores Boruto, and states that he did so because he wanted to be a better Hokage. Not a father.

In the end Naruto apologizes and owns up to his mistake. Something that the writers of the SW franchise never did with Luke. They just butchered his character, and made no appeal to actually develop and explain why he was this way. Just killed him off right there.

Of course the blame isn't solely Naruto's fault as Boruto had to appeal to his mistakes. Stating that pride held him back from understanding Naruto's position.

I'm not gonna defend that making them bad fathers was a good idea, but if you can actively give your 'ended' character flaws after their story -- While continuing to make them develop. Then it's worth the risk.

With Luke it failed miserably. They obviously gave no shit about his character, and that was seen clearly with his body disappearing like nothing.

Imagine if Kishimoto had made Naruto or Sasuke a shitty father/husband/ninja/etc. Then decides to kill them off right before finishing the 'development' of why they became this way.

That's why Luke failed, and why Naruto moved forward.

Pretty much.

I still can't help but feel that they write the story pretty slow. The monthly take-away makes it worse.

Naruto has always been a weekly series.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  26. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

BNHA writing? what writing? it rip offs many shonen and it's cliche and btw. all might vs all for one sucks in animation and in terms of fight. just look at my sig fam you'll understand. AND LOL U USED AN OPENING... YOU'RE THAT DESPERATE AREN'T U

27. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

I barely hear anything from AOT and berserk in anime websites because both are monthly . just deal with it monthly is the problem not the content SMH

28. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

29. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

No it is not. Stop asserting things as if they're true.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  30. Indra I can't stop eating

Honestly I don't know. I think the problems with the Boruto series started off crippling by the fact that the art was ultimately garbage.

Just look at how Naruto look like currently:

Anyway aside from the shitty art-style. The story started recapping the Movie, chapter per like 10-20 minutes. For an entire year :catskully

----

The complaints about the story is another thing. For me personally I found the Tentou/Shojoji stuff cool, but it didn't go anywhere. Shojoji got taken down too easily and then they brushed him aside for Kara. Cool.

I like Kashin Koji, he's pretty rad. Then they introduced Ao for no reason and made him evil. Not cool.

RIght now the plot is focusing heavily on Kawaki, and whether you like or dislike his character is another thing.

I'm enjoying the plot with the entirety of Kara being active, learning more about the Karma seals, and Kawaki.

I don't necessarily need side character focus when the Anime is giving Cho-Cho fucking Arcs to herself. About finding a love interest.

I hope to God Ukyo only focuses on what's important. Though I do need to see the side characters have fights in the Manga that are important, like VS. Kara.

The only real problem with this series is that it moves too damn slow. People complain that not enough happens .... because not enough happens.

We've been into Boruto for almost 2-3 years now, and we've still learned nothing about Boruto's seal, we are just starting to know about Kawaki, and we still know nothing about Kara. Nor the Otsutsuki for that matter.

Almost 3 years wasted because of piss poor direction.

So my definition I do think that monthly kills the hype. And I don't see it changing since Ikemoto can't.

So Boruto is doomed to fail unless the story ties together somewhere later, while the Anime holds it down. /shrugs

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List