1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

FMP Series question

Discussion in 'Konoha Recycling Heap' started by Nyquist, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Nyquist

I appologize if this has been asked already, i did a search but i got tons of miscellaneous junk that would take forever to sift through. Anywho, I own FMP season 1, and have been watching FMP TSR, now my question is, should i put down the cash and buy FMP Fumoffu? Does TSR supposed to pick up right after the end of season 1? or is it supposed to pick up after Fumoffu? Is there character developement in Fumoffu that is necessary? From my understanding its all comedy side stories and TSR is the actual continuation of the story. Is this true?

Thanks for any replies.

Tags:
  2. Mindless

Fumoffu is as you say, just a sidestory with jokes and dosen't add anything to the actual story of FMP.

TSR on the other hand is the continuation of FMP, and picks up exactly (or a while after) FMP ends. Same old characters, same good story, same good action.

3. Mr. Vash

actually, more gore & violence = better action :amuse
    u should watch Fumoffu, it's hella funny. I got mines off of Limewire (Full Metal Panic too)

4. Code

Well as said already, Fumoffu is sort of a side story. You can probably watch FMP: TSR without watching Fumoffu and missing out on things storywise.

But if you want comedy, then I'd say you should go ahead and buy it(or download it if you can find it), it's hilarious. Otherwise, no it's not neccessary if you only want a continuation.

5. TheVileOne

I think Fumoffu is pretty significant with regards to the Kaname and Sousuke relationship and that development.

6. Nyquist

i plan on buying it but i just bought a house and dont have the cash flow to buy all the various things i want to so i have to prioritize. If i dont need it to be up to date for TSR then ill hold off for a bit. Thats the reason i was asking :)

7. soulja_

get it off limewire... freakin hilarious, too bad it was only like 12 eps =/.. but yeah, it shows development between kaname and sousuke

8. TheVileOne

Fumoffu basically solidifies Kaname's love for Sousuke and vice versa.

9. Shishou

You gotta watch Fumoffu, cause it takes places after FMP, when the sub is damaged. So it takes place until a little after the sub is fixed.

10. chakra25

I'm a total noob to FMP.

So how many Full Metal Panic Series are there? Is it 3 - Full Metal Panic, FMP TSR, FMP Fumoffu?

I'm a bit confused. I have Full Metal Panic - 26 episodes long. It's definitely not Fumoffu because I watched the first episode of Fumoffu and it's hillarious.

The first episode, which I have, starts of him Sagara in a Mech fighting off a Russian Helicopter. Which one do I have - FMP or FMP TSR?

11. Arilou

There's FMP: 26 episodes.
    FMP: Fumoffu!? 13 episodes, almost entirely comedy with very little bearing on the actual story.
    FMP: TSR, 13 episodes. (Continues the story, somewhat, *looks* like there ought to be a third installment)

12. Axass

Full Metal Panic! > Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu > Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid

The one you mentioned is the first episode of Full Metal Panic!.

Most likely. The FMP! novels which the manga and anime are based on are still being released and probably won't stop anytime soon.

Closed & Recycled