1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Football is a better sport than soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Killa Cam, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Killa Cam mac likes back

Just thought I'd state that again because some people seem to think different. I don't know what is wrong with them.

Tags:
  2. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

lol, screw you.

Like i said to you on your other insighful thread.

Soccer > football.

Soccer is not the most popular sport in the world for nothing, unless of course you want to tell me the US =World.

3. Killa Cam mac likes back

Soccer is the most popular sport because anyone can pick up on it. That's why it's loved in 3rd world countries. All you need is one rock and four cans. They can't play football because you actually need strenght play it it. I mean they probably don't play that many contact sports all over the world due to not being able to afford health services. Football is far more advanced than soccer in terms of strategy and teamwork.

4. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

You only need to use steroid and you can play footbal like a pro.

Even my grandma can play it.

5. Jonas Banned

It's a matter of opinion. But soccer owns football. I mean, what's up with that shit.
    Invented by americans for americans. No wonder you like it more.

6. Killa Cam mac likes back

The NFL doesn't have a steroid problem. Besides big musles alone won't make you a good player. Like I said before any body can go out and play soccer. It's very simplistic.

7. XxShinzouxX l337 Largo Apprentice

Soccer is not simplistic. Just like most other sports, it has its own stragedies, and honestly, not anyone can go right out there, and play like a pro, just like in football.

Its stupid to state that american football is better than football (soccer), because its an opinion, not a statement, unless everyone in the world said it truely was better.

In my opinion though, I think american football sucks

8. illusion Senior Member.

LMAO, this thread is highly amusing! :laugh

Anyways, in my opinion, Killa Cam is right! American football > any sport, including soccer. :p

9. Leen Peacemaker

Soccer pwns all. Soccer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

10. earthshine Banned

fuck soccer, football makes soccer look like polo(except the crazy ass soccer fans who riot after a game and kill people. they can kick any sports ass)

11. illusion Senior Member.

LMAO, hell yeah! Soccer fans > any other sports fan, including American football. :p

12. XxShinzouxX l337 Largo Apprentice

I just dont like football simply because of the crowd and the craze surrounding it. Nor do I love and watch soccer, im not a fan at all. But I still find soccer more entertaining if I do watch it, rather than NFL

13. hakke Bird in a cage...

oh, are we in the mood for retarded topics?
    ok, Im next...

Waterpolo is way better than Swimming.

In swimming... you just swim... while waterpolo is more complex!

Discuss.

14. Killa Cam mac likes back

15. XxShinzouxX l337 Largo Apprentice

Waterpolo roxors your boxers, and if you say otherwise, then you just suxors

But really, sports to your liking is opinionated, many will say american football is the best sport, and others say Soccer is, but what matters is :: Will there be a Mardi Gras next year?

Yep, problem solved.

16. Jonas Banned

Football sucks like any other retared american sport (except basketball). Look at baseball wtf.

17. illusion Senior Member.

Look who's talking, I've got one word for you.........Cricket! :S

18. Shogun <marquee><font color='dark blue'>Standing Still</f

killer cam is just mad that black players don't dominate soccer

19. Jonas Banned

Im gonna pull a Copinator on yall:

"It is not fotball that the World praises"

"Soccer >> Football at the age of.. well any age"

"Soccer > Basketball > Football"

The Americans sucks at soccer and that's the only reason they can't accept it as a good sport.

This one owns:
    Link removed

20. Killa Cam mac likes back

I don't even watch soccer to know if that's true or not. The reason America doesn't dominate soccer is pretty much no one cares about it here. It's like our 6-9th sport over here. All the talent go on to better sports.

21. illusion Senior Member.

You may be right, but I just can't get into the game! They try showing it on ESPN sometimes and I try to sit there and watch it, but it's soo friggin' boring! First the ball goes over there, then the ball goes back over here, then the goalie gets ahold of it and sends the ball back over there! When I finally woke up the final score was 1-0. :sad

Another reason I don't like soccer is because everytime another player touches another player, they flop on the ground like the guy just tried to tackle him. I'm like, the guy barely touched you, this happens the entire game. :S

22. Shogun <marquee><font color='dark blue'>Standing Still</f

in your opinion, and as stated eslewhere in this thread soccer is the world's most popular sport, that shows your opinion's worth.

23. Killa Cam mac likes back

"1.It appeals to collectivism. Most of the world has collectivist governments, and many people throughout the world seek to group themselves based on nationality and race. Hence, once the "World" Cup comes around, jackbooted fans seek to wrap themselves around the flag. Thus, we see soccer's popularity in collectivist Europe and unpopular in North America. Soccer is the world's most popular "sport?" First, soccer is not a sport, it is an activity. Second, who cares? Twenty years ago, communism was the most popular form of government. The Nazis received a plurality of the vote in 1933. And they all were wrong. Is the rationale for being a soccer fan due to what some other idiot opines?"

24. Shogun <marquee><font color='dark blue'>Standing Still</f

well, it's not like you could come up with a thought like that, so why use it?

25. TGC TGC

I played both sports at school, I must say though I had more fun playing soccer, Football was so damn boring to play, it sucked, i was a receiver, made a couple of touchdowns but damn it was boring, in soccer I was much more active, I scored a load of goals hence soccer owns fooball(why football shouldn't it be called handball???: w/e) any day of the week. Soccer is much more fun, football is cool but it doesn't compare to soccer.

26. Jonas Banned

illusion: that's the rule of the game or else everybody would've played ugly game.
    I think football is more enjoying because americans like seeing raw tackles and many scores. maybe.

27. Killa Cam mac likes back

Why did I use it? Cause it spoke truth. I mean it aint that hard to argue that just because something is popular doesn't make it better. I did give reasons why non of them being because it's a better sport. If we go off popularity that would make 50 Cent the best musical artist out right now.

28. 9th On The Phone

First off, "footbal"l really cant compete agaisnt soccer, because Soccer is the #1 sport in the world. Why it isnt so popualr in US, well because they ain't that good. Dammit their "football" leauge sucks (my bad folks, but the truth has to come out one day or another) as well, anyway about the whole black thing..? WTF? Eto' is a great player. We got more, just look at france, holland, UK, yes even black ppl in south america are great, african ppl came to south america as slaves as well...so if jordan is black then so are robinho and ronaldinho and YES PELE!!!

anyway, soccer eats football as desert for breakfast.

I really never say football, its called American Football...and soccer is called Football.

29. Killa Cam mac likes back

Again people soccer is like our 6th to 9th sport over here. We don't dominate because people don't give a fuck about it. Did you know soccer is the most played youth sport in America? So explain to me why when the kids grow up the move to better sports? These soccer moms sign up their children so they can play in a sport where there isn't that great of a chance to be hurt.

30. illusion Senior Member.

I agree, there's alot more scoring in American football and at a faster pace, but like genious captain stated, it's probably more fun to play soccer. You're always on the move and the ball can get to you in a hurry, so you feel more into the game.

Although, it depends what position you play in American football, I played both ways at running back and linebacker, so I never got bored. :amuse

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005