1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popilarity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.
  5. The latest NF Newsletter is out (October), read it here

[Naruto] Forever: The Naruto x Hinata FC

Discussion in 'Fanclubs' started by Darkhope, Nov 11, 2012.

1. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

Goody!! :occa I know you'll knock it out of the ballpark!!

2. Maracunator Kishimoto ships NaruHina

Creep alert! Creep alert! Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting him to be stalking Sumire, past week's preview actually made me think he had his eyes on Chouchou.

Fortunately, Chouchou saved the day, as the dark chakra put his Nice Guy-ness and creepiness up to the n-th power.

Now I am looking forward to the next 2 episodes of the mini-arc about Boruto's eyes, first focused on the Uzumaki family, and the following one, which according to spoilers, will have Naruto and the Master Eugenicist sit side by side to watch as Aunt Hanabi puts to test whether Boruto has the Byakugan or not.

Boruto seems quite practiced in operating that drone.

Appropriate for the date that many just celebrated.

I think that is a partial scan from the "Heaven & Earth" book SP recently released, most specifically the section of favorite moments of the staff.

Looking forward to your participation.

3. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

Just got a favorite on one of my NH fanfics. Been a long time since I've written one. What with the newer members we have, I thought I'd post links just in case someone might like to check them out (or read them again):

Summertime Fall
    Link removed

Mountain Proposal
    Link removed

The Sunflower Spiral
    Link removed

Made with Love
    Link removed

4. Grimzilla Godzilla + Grimlock

Looks like Himawari and adult Hanabi will be making their appearance real soon and an OLD MAN HIASHI!

Wonder how Naruto's relationship with his in-laws is. I know they respect him but did Hiashi be the stereotypical overprotective dad on Naruto? Fun to see

5. emachina Can DO!

The preview looks like the next episode will be fun. It'll be nice to see One Punch Man Himawari again

6. Raniero wew ladd

I know I'm late responding to this, but you know what? Think what you want. Kishimoto's intent was to portray Naruto as being at fault and to not excuse his actions. His intent was to show that Naruto was, indeed, overworking himself beyond what was necessary. At the end of the day, this is a fact. Naruto has no excuses according to the author. So I don't see why I should take into account the excuses some fan of the series is attempting to make, as though your word outweighs his. No offense.

7. chennyyeo member since 2008

8. Twin Steps Member

It's from some book from SP about the best moments in the series or something like that. I havent been able to find any translations and its killing me tbh

9. chennyyeo member since 2008

Who has thw kind heart to translate this huhu

10. Maracunator Kishimoto ships NaruHina

We should get a proper translation in due time.

Very well dressed up Ad Hominem, a little heads up though, you are not Kishimoto, and your word isn't his either. You are "some fan" as much as I am, and there only was one difference in the arguments we exchanged, I actually sustained mine with the source material while your past interventions were completely devoid of them, if you were so sure about knowing Kishimoto's intentions, it would have been easy for you to link a quote from Kishimoto or a manga page to back up what you interpret to be his intentions.

Instead, you resorted to saying assumptions and RL analogies, both of which I was capable of disproving using actual manga pages and pointing out the flaws of the RL analogies. A little heads up, if you didn't know what the upcoming 2 episodes are about, now is not the best time for you to feed this "Naruto spends zero time with his family!" narrative, as by the preview of next week's episode and spoilers about the one the week after...
    Spoiler:
    ...we know the mini-arc of Boruto thinking he's got the Byakugan just will allow us to see Naruto spending some time with his own family and in-laws...

...which renders the "no time with his family" narrative null and void. And before you jump the gun saying "it is anime filler, so it doesn't count", the moment you used 20 seconds from episode 3 as justification to go all out against Naruto, you renounced the right to pull that card against any of the moments the plot allowed him to share with his family.

11. Raniero wew ladd

That was no ad hominem. It was a fact, because that's what you are--a fan. And I'm aware my word isn't his either, but I'm going his words and intent.

The source material you posted was irrelevant, because they completely missed what I was arguing to begin with.

You're well aware that Kishimoto is using Naruto as a self-insert when he shows Naruto's busy work schedule. You're well aware that Kishimoto is being self-deprecating in his portrayal of a busy father. You're aware of the lesson Naruto learned throughout the Boruto movie and what he learned by the end of it. You're aware that Naruto himself has admitted to "messing up". Naruto wouldn't fucking say "I messed up" and admit that he hasn't been the best father if he hasn't messed up and hasn't been the best father.

Your sad attempt to justify Naruto as a flawless individual who has no fault in his treatment of his family and that he overcompensated in his job as Hokage and that he has done no wrong here is ignoring all of this. It'll fall on deaf ears, because they have no place in the context of the story.

Maybe you aren't saying this, but you finding every reason to justify Naruto's "busy schedule" comes across as this.

Naruto overcompensating by using clones in irrelevant chores like helping a old lady cross the street isn't an assumption. Why must I hold your hand?

There are no flaws, because not once was it stated or implied Naruto lacks the ability to make use of more assistance, rather than doing everything by himself and then some without rest. Nobody is forcing Naruto to not use clones to help with paperwork. Being Hokage is not a 24/7 job like you're making it out to be and contrary to what you're saying, no Hokage or Kage has ever been shown to be as busy as Naruto outside of war. The conflict makes no sense from what we've seen in the series.

It doesn't even make sense taking into account Naruto's monstrous stamina using clones. And before you bring up Naruto mentally exhausted being different than him being physically, I'm sure Naruto went through far more mental stress during the war than he has doing paperwork. Just admit that all these excuses like Naruto not being able to use clones to help with paperwork is just forced, shitty writing that does not actually make sense--it was just given a throwaway line like "I can't do that!' without any justification whatsoever. This entire Hokage-Family situation is bullshit and I'm amazed that people are incapable of seeing that this is just a pretentious attempt at Kishimoto self-inserting and that it was a failure.

If anything, this shits on your theory that Naruto cannot rest. Naruto simply refuses to as much as he could because he's a workaholic. He's not forced to overwork himself as much as he does. That's your narrative.

And I can only imagine how much effort it'll take for Boruto to convince Naruto to watch his sparing match with Hanabi.
    Oh nice, a strawman. Never once did I imply it was filler, so how about you don't move the goalpost?

Pointing out a canon character flaw is attacking now? :lmao

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  12. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

First off, we all know full well that Kishi put Naruto in this awful position in order to address what the author considered his own faults in the Real World. It is a senseless situation but sense must be made of it within the context of the story.

Because Naruto always had a tendency to try and do everything on his own it is easy to imagine that he might get caught up in old habits and do the same as Hokage. As I recall Naruto sent his clones to cover public presentations, interviews and even research while he stayed at the main office addressing all of that ungodly paperwork that he feels for some reason requires his personal attention (and never was his forte, contributing to his mental exhaustion). Helping little old ladies cross the street and the like were probably impromptu actions that developed out of Naruto's giving nature.

We have also seen in the past that mental exhaustion from absorbing the knowledge of many clones at once can put him on the floor in spite of his huge chakra pool and physical stamina. It is easy apply these facts to Naruto's situation at hand and give some sense to what Kishi has saddled on his MC. I have no problem doing so.

Regarding the upcoming episodes of Boruto, I fully expect Naruto to use clones during the look into Boruto's possible acquiring of the Byakugan which will disappoint and hurt his son's feelings. I'll be glad when the anime moves past all of this and we can see Naruto happy and enjoying the love of his family.

13. Eriko 恵理子

The scan isn't very clear. A lot of the kanji in this is completely unreadable. I can completely understand everyone wanting to know what it says, but guys, please consider the readability of the scan before asking for a translation.

If a clearer scan of that comes up, I'll translate it, but for now, what I can see:

The header says "Naruto and Hinata's Kiss Scene in The Last -Naruto the Movie-."

Something about it being a "love scene." (I think it says "because you can say it's the only love scene in Naruto" but I'm not 100% sure because again, blurred kanji.)

Something about being impressed/it leaving an impression... There's so much blurriness that I'm not even going to try to figure out the first half of that sentence.

14. Maracunator Kishimoto ships NaruHina

The entirety of your past post purposely evaded addressing all of the arguments and sources I brought to simply say "you are a fan, therefore I am not going to bother with whatever you say". Not addressing the message and focusing solely on the messenger, that's a textbook example of Ad Hominem. And again, if you were so confident your interpretation of Kishimoto's words and intent was correct, you would have brought actual sources to back them up.

You keep saying he could use clones for paperwork, I brought up in response the quote by which Naruto himself made damn clear he can't use clones in the office; you insist that Naruto overworks himself at the expense of his family with no one forcing him, I brought up the manga page showing that Shikamaru considers a clone playing tag with Boruto was a distraction from Naruto's Hokage duties; you keep repeating Naruto overworks himself to the point of it not being necessary, I reminded you Tsunade was in the same spot staying on the office all night long still having unfinished work to demonstrate that was par of the course for the Hokage job; you keep saying Naruto spent zero time with his family ever since he became Hokage, I disproved that by pointing out chapter 700 and the Boruto movie. But keep playing Argumentum ad lapidem if that is the only thing you have left.

I am aware of those facts, as well as of the fact that prior to the family drama breaking out we saw Naruto doing his part in setting up Himawari's birthday party (within the 2 minutes before Boruto would point his finger at him implying Naruto would forget the birthday), that he still tried to find the balance he needed between family and job, and after the drama he began his push by getting that favor from Shikamaru. I'm also aware that Kishimoto spent 15 years living under a tight schedule that is par of the course for other mangaka (the man slept as much as Oda does, and had the "luxury" of actually having a fixed time for sleeping opposed to Toriyama just falling asleep when he'd get too tired) and only came to realize how what is considered "normal" in his medium (unhealthy as it is) had a great cost to his family life, and ever since he started pushing back, by deciding his next manga should be a monthly one, and given the current state of things in Jump, stalling its publication until he's decided he has spent enough time with his family.

Throwing in those facts that aren't listed in your paragraph and mixing them with what you wrote is where I bring back one of the points you refused to address in your earlier Ad Hominem paragraph response, this is Kishimoto using his experience and the character he self-inserts into to send a wake-up call to a labor culture that has normalized families that barely meet, overtime work, and karoushi, so workers start pushing for better conditions that will allow them to have more time with their families, and through Boruto he also communicates to children who have grievances with their overworked parents that the reason they see them for so little time is not because they don't care, but because they can only bring food to the table by taking part in jobs that have draconian conditions.

Got a better or more accurate interpretation? Then it shouldn't be hard for you to properly source them, similar to how I have done with mine in my earlier posts.

Flawless? No, if that had been the case, I wouldn't have mentioned the fact that Naruto was trying to find a balance between work and family from as early as my post from April 26th. Maybe if you hadn't skipped so much of my earlier response for the sake of an Ad Hominem, you would have noticed it.

The assumptions you made before was that somehow he could have taken breaks all along or missed multiple birthdays before the last ones Boruto and Himawari had, which I disproved. But now you shift the focus by overplaying the 2 clones we saw helping an old lady; all while purposely ignoring the 2 clones he did send to the archives to look up information and write down scrolls of his own, the one at the live interview, the one in a council meeting where Kakashi was too, the one in a railroad inauguration, and the one who was at the blimp with Shikamaru.

And since a lot of this also has to do with the effect of how he wasn't finding balance between work and family, let's also leave out the 3 clones he had picking gifts for Himawari's birthday (which even discussed with one another which toy was better for her), or the 2 that cleared a full row of the convenience store so he could bring the food for the party.

Crunching down the numbers, we got 2 clones doing "irrelevant chores", 6 fulfilling Hokage-related duties, and 5 preparing for his daughter's birthday party, all of this while the original Naruto was in the office doing work that required him to be there. And adding to that the past assumptions you made I can safely say that yes, you are making assumptions, and on top of that you spice them up with hyperboles that miss the actual point of the scenes.

Yes, there were flaws in your RL analogies, in your past post you compared the Hokage position to POTUS, trying to establish that the President can get some breaks and then so should the Hokage, missing the fact that as a rule of a thumb, their days off are only a fraction of what anyone with a 9-to-5 job in the country gets in the same period of time (rebuttal which I backed up using Obama's and Clinton's totals of days off) and how on the other side of the pond, we get a Japanese labor culture and legislation that cuts down breaks even more. As well as the fact that while POTUS does have a constitutional backup plan for illness or vacation, Hokage doesn't have one, and when unavailable kickstarts the process to appoint a new one.

The other RL analogy you used was Togashi, pointing out how he always does his work with no assistants. Which is incompatible for a comparison with Naruto as we do see him having his assistants (Shizune and Shikamaru in chapter 700, then reduced to Shikamaru afterwards).

Naruto himself said in the Boruto movie and manga that being in the Hokage's office meant the one talking can't be a clone, all while at least 6 clones did fulfill actual Hokage duties that were being done across the village, so yes, the paperwork that happens within the office and which is the main source of exhaustion to him is off limits to clones.

And you're also putting words in my keyboard with that "24/7 job" statement, what I said before was that the job wasn't tied to a schedule like a 9-to-5 job, if duties require him to stay all night in the office, he has to stay there, should something show up that would mean no weekend, he has to attend it until it's solved. And it is interesting you make the "no Hokage or Kage has ever been shown to be as busy as Naruto outside of war", tell me, have we seen how has life been for the other kages in their respective villages during times of peace? How much do we know about Kakashi's term as a Hokage after the remaining conflicts had been resolved? With the sole exception of Gaara, nothing, and in Gaara's case his Hiden is damn clear in showing he wasn't having a walk in the park handling the situation Suna was into after the 4th Shinobi War, and which carried on after the events of The Last. Which makes the last part of your paragraph another exercise of making assumptions, as you make a benchmarking scenario out of a huge lack of information and overlook the only bit of relevant information that exists on that matter which works against what you claim.

Forced and poor writing? Yes. Naruto's fault? No. I have said this plenty of times already, and it bounces off you, since the Boruto movie came out, we learned that the Hokage's office is the one place where clones are off-limits to Naruto and that is something he has to respect; meetings, public events and other functions a Hokage has to attend to as long as they are out of the office are allowed, and we see them in the Boruto movie.

And again, on the Hokage-family situation, we already had the manga show how that situation was in other Hokage families long before Kishimoto was faced with his own family issues, we had Asuma not making peace with his Hokage dad until 3 years AFTER his death (in chapter 314), and on the way there Asuma did defect the village for some adventuring that ultimately brought the bounty on his head that cost him dying before his daughter was born. And of course, Minato rejecting a proposal that would have enabled him to be the one parent who'd raise Naruto while also protecting the village, as in his point of view as a Hokage, he had to sacrifice his newborn and only son for the sake of the village.

If anything, Hiruzen's and Asuma's own drama is what comes closer to that Naruto and Boruto shared, and while the former couldn't resolve their differences while the father was still alive and before the son could go stray, the latter did with both still alive, and with Boruto not having abandoned the village.

And to not leave out the mental stress thing, during the war he did have moments of moral boost that aided him, went mostly through feats of physical prowess in which he naturally excels, and had a literal resurrection by meeting Hagoromo. Compare that to him, in the case of the Boruto anime, working in between 32 and 36 hours non-stop due to huge piles of paperwork in which the only motive is "this is part of the job", and it becomes clear that your comparison with what he went through in the war is apples to oranges.

My "theory" is that Naruto has taken a job that by definition, is the busiest one in the village, has some obligations he can't walk out of if he wishes, and instead of dropping his time with his family to zero, it got reduced to a level that doesn't meet what Boruto expects. Which I have actually sustained with the previous example of Tsunade having worked overnight to the point of falling asleep on the desk, his game of tag with Boruto being interrupted by Shikamaru because he found that to be a distraction from his job (say, remember how you talked about "frivolous chores" before? Turns out Shikamaru thinks similarly to you, with the only difference on what each considers a frivolous chore), and of course, the piles of work we not only see in the anime, but also learn of in the Boruto novelization. I'll commend you for the deflection attempt by making a strawman argument that very deliberately misses the point that we are seeing Naruto spending some time with his family and in-laws (specially with his son), which openly contradicts your earlier claim of Naruto spending no time at all with his family.

Yet another assumption, and the episode hasn't aired yet nor has the synopsis given any mention of how Naruto gets to sit next to Hiashi to put to test the information he got about his son, in his own house in the episode before. It will be interesting to watch how this assumption holds up to the actual episode.

Did you miss the "And before you jump the gun saying" part of the text? I was anticipating for you to use that kind of response, based on how you previously challenged the canonship of the Boruto novelization just so you could deny paperwork kept appearing while Naruto was out of the office after he and Boruto made peace, and that his short vacation only came as a favor rather than as some inherent right he didn't make use of before. But hey, I'm sure calling out a fallacy use on your part must have hit a nerve so you'd naturally try to find a way to turn around the accusation, without realizing the projection you incurred into considering what you wrote 2 paragraphs earlier.

Quite amusing, yet another contextomy, you know very well that part came from a larger sentence that talks about how the 20 seconds of episode 3 used to spark this discussion, rather than talking about inherent flaws in Naruto's character.

Claiming out of nowhere Naruto could have taken vacations but was refusing them whereas actual canon evidence shows his position doesn't allow for that; that he spent no time with his own family since inauguration despite evidence of the contrary existing in ink form since 2015; that he could use clones in the office, despite the Boruto movie giving evidence of the contrary; that he was wasting energy in "frivolous tasks" by cherry-picking one event our of a multitude that involved actual duties both as a head of state and a father. All of these are attacks on the character that have very little basis on him or in the actual story, and which are based mostly on narratives repeated online that show very little attention being paid to them.

Thanks for the info Eri.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

16. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

17. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

18. MCTDread The Emerald Knight

:rainbowsheepKinda hard not to smile or be happy after seeing some NaruHina fanart.

19. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

I know! This couple is so darned sweet that it's enough to give you a toothache!!! :kloff

20. Maracunator Kishimoto ships NaruHina

Keep dem fanarts coming compadre, they will keep the mood up while we wait for the episodes highlighting the Uzumaki and Hyuuga families :kthumb

21. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

Always a pleasure compadre, it's the least I feel that I can do nowadays. :kthumb

22. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

:catghost

23. emachina Can DO!

OMG! Grandpa Hiashi was everything I wanted it to be and more. Auntie Hanabi was just as great. Extended NaruHina family! And we got to see a bit of the home life. It's been a good day. :ohyou

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  24. Indra Well-Known Member

God is too kind :catprone

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  25. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

You just knew Hiashi was going to love his grandbabies!! :ohyou And Hanabi is just as pretty as her older sister! Love how she entertained Himawari while the menfolk talked Byakugan. Boruto imitating a movie hero was actually something a kid his age might do (assuming that he is 8 or 9 years old). :gar Himawari is a 'Daddy's Girl!' :love

And :hehee
    Spoiler:
    Toneri!!! Just knew he was going to show up! Still don't know what to think about this new stuff about 'developing' a Byakugan, though. Especially since Himawari's Byakugan lacks the veins usually seen with the dojutsu.

26. Raniero wew ladd

Except Himawari's byakugan does have veins?

27. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

You're right! I was thinking of Boruto's wonky dojutsu! :sweatdrop

28. Indra Well-Known Member

Did you guys notice how Himawari ran to Naruto's side when Boruto was acting weird, and how she held his hand the entire time?

:catsad

29. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  30. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

As I said: 'Daddy's Girl'. :love So sweet!

HanaHimaHina!!! That was fast!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List