1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Formula 1 thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Reznor, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Tags:
  2. Tazmo The Supreme Cheese

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

3. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

Well I know but it would have been better on the circuit rather than due to a penalty no?

So how can Hamilton win the championship in Austin? Haven't looked at the points, I know Rosberg got leapfrogged by Vettel.

4. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

He can't. In the last 3 races, the winner can get 100 points.
    Right now it's 302 vs. 236, so even if Vettel retires and Hamilton wins, it'd be 327 vs. 236.

5. Ryuzaki Moonlight ۷۸٦ Retired Staff

Iran, United States
    There's still a 70+ point differential between the two, Vettel needed to win a couple more earlier in order to catch him, I think he would need a few lucky breaks from here on out, assuming if Hamilton hasn't already clinched it. There are only 4 more races, if Vettel can finish solid in the next 2 races with Hamilton behind maybe and then like I said, he'll need an intense amount of luck.

Hamilton: 302
    Sebastian: 236
    Rosberg: 229

Edit: Zaru beat me to the punch.

6. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Hold on. No more double points? I thought they'd keep that around for more than one year.

7. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Nope, double points were scrapped with some crying from Bernie saying "Teams don't know what they are doing."

Essentially there is 100 points left, Lewis is 66 points clear, meaning Lewis can win at Austin

8. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

If Ham wins and Vettel doesn't get 2nd place, he's got this. That's the most likely scenario unless either of them fucks up.

9. Ryuzaki Moonlight ۷۸٦ Retired Staff

Iran, United States
    I think Abu Dhabi will be double points so if Vettel wins the next four he can legitly do it, last year I think they only did it with Abu Dhabi, but by then the winner was all but set in stone though.

10. Ryuzaki Moonlight ۷۸٦ Retired Staff

Iran, United States
    Part of me is hoping Hamilton screws up and doesn't win at Austin so we have a more interesting next 4 races.

11. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Double points were weird anyway, Rosberg had a realistic chance of winning the title with 6 wins to Hamilton's 10 if he had taken it at the last race. Many would doubt that he deserved it.

12. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Double points is because Bernie is so scared of having so called meaningless races. He actually wanted the last 3 races to be double points which the teams rejected so they compromised on the one race. Everyone except him hated it because of how it could artificially hand the title to a less deserving racer.

13. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

To be fair, Rosberg could have "won" that title without even winning the last race if Hamilton got no points, regardless of the double rule. Fate turned out the opposite way of course.

14. Amanda Dryas octopetala Retired Staff

Double points. Yeah, "good" times. Again, no wonder this series is in trouble.

There hasn't been much excitement about the WDC winner the whole season, so Hammy winning it earlier rather than later makes not much difference...

15. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Seriously though how has Indy/Cart been this year, does anyone know? I used to watch it a lot along side F1 but past few years I seem to not find it on TV anywhere.

16. Kolby Mystic Kolby

So where are we right now? I missed three races already, we're heading to.. Austin now right?

and yes finally Mercedes has won constructors and Lewis Hamilton is leading :)

All I know is JPM is in the championship lead and that an unfortunate incident has occurred to Justin Wilson where he succumbed to head injury due to nose cone of a driver who crashed at an oval circuit.

17. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Figures someone who raced in F1 would have the championship lead. It always seems someone Mediocre in F1 can do well in Cart, but the best Cart racers seem to struggle in F1 and I include Jacques since he had a car a monkey should have won the championship with and nearly lost it.

18. Kolby Mystic Kolby

Well he did win the Indycar(or was it CART?) championship back in 99'. Juan Pablo Montoya is fantastic to watch in single-seaters, an aggressive driver.

I'm just gonna leave this here. So emotional tribute. It also features drivers talking about him.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYQiEH6A0c[/YOUTUBE]

19. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    True I agree that he was great in cart but even then his championship was won on number of wins since he was equal on points with Dario Franchitti. I also agree that Montoya is fun to watch for the right reasons (Unlike certain Lotus driver) but my point was the cart racers when coming to F1 seem to have difficulty adapting when if it is the opposite way it is more likely they will win it.

Zanardi, Bourdais, Montoya, Michael Andretti among a few others to win Indy/Cart but never really left the mid field or upper mid field with Montoya being the most successful of the group. When it comes to champions of Cart becoming successful in F1 you have Jacques and Mario Andretti. Even then Jacques did almost everything in his power to take a car a monkey could win the F1 title in and throw it away. While Mario, well he's just Mario a near enough a great when it comes to motor racing. Maybe not Senna/Prost level but put him in his prime in any top car he would win you championships.

While on the flip side the one time an F1 champion went to Indy/Cart they won it in their first year, technically being champion in both sports at the same time.

20. Kolby Mystic Kolby

I agree, completely. It's pretty accurate what you just said though I think Alex Zanardi didn't shine was because he broke his legs before he could(I think?) or was I mistaken?

How long have you watched F1? Ever since I got into it I've been watching many races(mostly highlights) from 80s, 90s and early 00s to the point I can name almost all the 3 time world champions. Gilles Villeneuve has got to be one of the quickest driver on the grid.

In other news, I'm slowly starting to like Moto GP this year, it was such an EPIC race they had at Australia. I hope that the other Honda would be more competitive next year :( VR46 ftw

21. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Honestly the first race I ever remember watching was the race where Mansell's tyres blew out and cost him the F1 championship. (Though looking back now I wonder why he didn't park the car, cause a red flag and take the championship that way.)

So F1 has really been in my blood since I was born really, I can't remember a time I did not watch F1 when it is on. And sometimes pre digital satellite you really had some poor quality sound and images when live. I know that sometimes I might over do it with the whole late 80s-early 90s but when you watched the races live back then and today you see overtaking back then that drivers are scared to do now because they could be punished too swiftly.

22. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Ferrari is getting set back 10 places for engine changes.

Hamilton needs to figuratively shit himself during the race to not end up champion.

23. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    9 points more than Vettel, two more than Rosberg if I have calculated right.

24. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Second practice called off. Friday looking to be a serious wet race, potentially could be as bad as that Spa race where half the track crashed on first corner.

25. Kolby Mystic Kolby

We shall see, the hurricane news is pretty bad.

In other news, anyone watching Moto GP? I finally got hooked this year and man what an exciting championship their having this year

26. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

There might not even be a quali at this rate

27. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Haas F1 boss told Sky their going to announce their next driver at Mexico GP weekend. They also say there is a driver related reason for it.

Checo semi confirmed?

28. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Due to the delays, we're seeing all kinds of random shit by the f1 crews.

Breakdancing, rowboating, dancing, juggling... :catskully

29. Lord Trollbias Just Another Hero

Croatia, Nigeria
    Catdank Faction:
    So when does Quali start?

30. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff