1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for Graphic of the Week 50 -- Contest Central Banner is live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Voting for Photograph of the Week 54 -- Landscapes is also live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Entries for Graphic of the Week 51 -- Dragon Avatars are open! Click here to check it out!

Entries for Photograph of the Week 55 -- Freestyle are open! Click here to check it out!

-- Contest Central Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Functions question

Discussion in 'Rules and Frequently Asked Questions' started by Lawrence777, May 29, 2016.

1. Lawrence777 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry noob question but how can I post youtube videos and also how do I post minimized youtube bars that only contain the audio of the linked youtube video? Figured I'd probably know by now but then again never took the time to learn.

I don't know the exact [youtube][/youtube] things

Is there a wiki or compilation of functions I can go through containing all the possible
    syntax's actually? Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Arcuya

it's [ MEDIA=youtube]gaeA_xjMR_i[/MEDIA ] now, not including the spaces and where the random letters is the bit after watch?v= in a youtube url
    you can't do the latter at this point in time

will probably include everything you need
    might be one or two missing since we have [WEBM ] now

3. Lawrence777 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm able to post youtube videos now.

Is it possible to shorten/minimize this embed youtube to just the audio with no visual though? Just a bar with a play that outputs the video's audio. I've seen some other posters do something similar.

Thanks for the link to the BB codes btw.

4. Platypus Moderator

Use YMP3-tags. They're WIP but they work, kinda.

BB Code:
    [ymp3]h5l4Rt4Ol7M[/ymp3]

Result:

Those were replaced by MEDIA-tags when we upgraded to XenForo. Use them in the way Sakuya described or simply post the youtube-link; it will automatically convert to an embedded video when you post your thing* (at least through the Rich Editor).

Ones that are missing are:
    • YMP3-tags
    • WEBM-tags
    • LINK-tags
      Using these prevents * from happening, in case you want to post just the link. Otherwise the forum will automatically replace those with the MEDIA equivalent even if you're using URL-tags (e.g. Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.)
    • CODE=RICH-tags
    As far as I know

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  5. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Nah.

6. Platypus Moderator

Meant the ones that are missing from the Help > BB Code page. [ymp3], [code=rich], [link] and [webm] all work but aren't yet.

7. jayjay³² Drug Addict

8. Travis Touchdown The Crownless King

May I ask what forum system NF runs on? I really love it.