1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Foxhound

Discussion in 'Naruto Fanworks' started by Neon, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Neon

The single best piece of fanficiton ever written, period. I dare anyone to read this in full and disagree with me

Tags:
  2. HellFire_UK

This story is probably one of the best dtories I've read in along time. I just wish alot more stories were like this.

3. Neon

It's truly a diamond in the rough as far as fanficiton goes, for every one thousand crappy mary-sue or random no plot just smut yaoi stories you get one of these.

4. HellFire_UK

But there should be more like this. It has everything, the characters are portrayed perfectly, the character growth is fantastic. And everything just goes so well. I can't say what my favourite bits are just incase I spoil it for people who haven't read it yet.

5. Neon

Chapter 6 still isn't out yet..... :mad

6. Onmyou God

7. Inactive Shinn

Its out now... :)

This is the best one out there imo.... and its pretty long.... just what i like in fanfics....

8. Neon

Ino vs Naruto was great, anyone else notice the hinted at Tsunade/shizune in chapter 5?

9. HellFire_UK

Who do you think the NaruXInoX????? is, or who would you want it to be??

10. Neon

The auther hasd made it clear that in the end at least it will be pure NAruxIno

11. Neon

Chapter 7 is up

Yes, i realize i am double posting, but as dead as the FF section of this forum is i think it forgivable

12. Kraken's Ghost

Well this is interesting...

I'll be damned... I never imagined my fic would get so popular that there'd be a message board thread dedicated to it. Well, that's flattering. :)

Well, this place is fun enough to bother with the registration, so I guess I'll go through with it, haha. I'll probably head over to the NaruIno forum after this.

I'm glad you guys like Foxhound so much. I never dreamed it'd get so popular.

I did leave several TsunadeXShizune hints, didn't I? Fancy that, hehe.

13. Piekage

Welcome to NFs Kraken. And yes, Foxhound is a work of excellance.

14. Neon

Wow the thread has been revived and by the author himself :smile-big

15. Kraken's Ghost

Hey, I figured if you guys like Foxhound enough to start a thread talking about it, then I should at least come along and add my 2 cents (and to say how flattering it is. I'm going to go ego trip now...)

I'm not sure how I'd go about reviving this thread though...My idea of CPR would get me arrested.

16. Neon

So chapter 10 is already done right :wink

17. LynnAzure

whoa hey I love your fic Kraken's ghost! I dreamt about chapter 10 last night you know? well not really since I haven't slept for almost 30 hrs :nuts anyway I really enjoy reading foxhound :) seeing it updated makes my day.. seriously.

18. Kraken's Ghost

Sadly, Chapter 10 is still only about 6 or 7 pages long so far. I've been jumping between it, a sill crossover I'm doing, and working out the plot for another Naruto epic I want to do. It should be done before the middle of July though.

Hopefully I'll write another ten over the course of the next few days and not scream at my computer screen over the new manga. :blink

19. Neon

The short crossover is fine but i really think you should hold off on the other epic until foxhound is over. Foxhound has way to many fans, and the waits between chapters is already pretty bad. I'm sure the new fic will be great though :amuse

20. Kraken's Ghost

:smile-big Short crossover? Short crossover? When have I done anything short? :p

(Well, ignoring my old EVA one-shots, haha.)

It'll be a long one shot, but it's not my top priority. I add a couple pages every now and then, usually whenever I hit a writer's block in Foxhound.

As for my other epic versus Foxhound, the sole reason why I haven't given in to the temptation to actually start writing the other one is I want to finish Foxhound first. I know how it is: an author is working hard on one project, hits a snag and goes off to work on something else, then winds up losing interest in the original project. I don't want that to happen to Foxhound so I'm going to write one epic at a time.

For now anyways. When I finish Foxhound I'll probably work on the new epic and a lesser epic at the same time. Well, if I have the time or energy, haha. I may just stick to the old one at a time deal.

21. HellFire_UK

Are all of your fanfics going to be AU, 'cause I like the ideas you've brought into the Naruto world. I wish I had the attention span to make something like Foxhound.

22. Kraken's Ghost

Yep, pretty much all my fics are AU. What can I say? It's nice to have artistic license to go back and change all the things I dislike or to just do something different. Besides, AU fics are fun (within reason...A major exception being those retarded high school fics.)

23. Neon

Ever consider after you finish both your naruto epics going back and doing a much longer ReixAsuka fic?

24. Mizura

Say... what will the other epic fic be about? Same pairings?

25. Dark_wolf247

a rei/asuka would be nice...i love that pairing.

26. Kraken's Ghost

Nope! Foxhound is the only NaruIno I have going (unless I ever get around to doing my djinn fic.) The other epic will be NaruSaku and NaruTema, at different points in time. It'll make sense once I start writing it (hopefully :p .)

I have considered going back and doing more AsukaXRei fics, but I kinda lost interest in the series awhile ago. Most likely I'll dig some of my unposted stories out of my harddrive and give them an overhaul.

Besides, the Naruto world gives me a lot more freedom to play around. :)

27. Neon

In the other epic, will it be NaruSaku or NaruTem by the end?

28. Kraken's Ghost

NaruTem. It's tricky to explain without spoiling it, but basically the story is spread out over about ten years and lots of things (many bad) happen all throughout it. It's going ot be a dark fic, but Naruto comes through in the end (as he should, hehe.)

29. HellFire_UK

As in dark fic you meaning Naruto is gonna be a major bad ass or that everything in his life seems to get worse.

30. Neon

I'm hoping for a more normal naruto in that one, but I love the badass naruto in foxhound