1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  2. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  3. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  4. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Fuck inflation in football.

Discussion in 'Football' started by LyricalMessiah, Aug 12, 2017.

1. LyricalMessiah Banned

God dammnit, 150M for dembele? coutinho for 100M? Mbappe 150M and is demanding a 12Million salary to come to Madrid when all he's done is play 6 months of 'entertaining' football. Shit, with that amount of money you could have bought many Zidanes and other great players who actually justify their price tags man.

Fuck this shit we need financial fair play to be in check again... and ASAP!!!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  2. erictheking Well-Known Member

I think it's fucking hilarious to be honest.

3. LyricalMessiah Banned

Notwithstanding the fact that paying 222M for a player is fucking way too overboard followed by the damage that can be caused when a state owns a club- perhaps a few players can justify this price tag (Messi, cr7 only)- I don't fucking know how teenagers who've done shit in their premature careers except for being plastered on Youtube showing their 'skills' etc, are being valued this much fam.

Crazy man makes me want to stop watching the beautiful game.

4. Pocalypse Return of the God

Neymar's price makes me sick to my stomach.

£200 million? Get the fuck out. Mourinho was right when he said after Neymar's transfer you're gonna see more people in the 100 million range and the 80 million range because clubs won't sell top players for anything less.

Iit's unfortunately gonna be the norm now cuz we have a fucking bad precedent that is Neymar's price. :apathy

5. Jay. Love

neymar's deal is actually the only deal that makes sense to me from the ones mentoined ITT

i mean i think mbappe and dembele are futre baloon d'or players but they have proven nothing over a long period of time. but neymar is the star in every team he was. his numbers are insane considering he had messi and suarez in the same team who are naturally better scorers, he still made his mark. he came from an average brazilian leaque and immediately helped one of the top 3 clubs in europe win the champions leaque. imagine how neymar can bloom in paris if the entire playing style and tactics is molded around him.

not to mentoin that this guy gives you marketing gainz. that money they spent is prolly gonna be back before the current seasons ends. i hear the jersey sales are already insane and get psg like 10 mil or something. he brings you the fans, the sponsors. nigga neymar deal is great for psg. no wonder barca bitched about it for so long. neymar gonna be missed as a player no doubt but he'll be even more missed as a popular personallity in la liga and barcelona.

neymar deal was actually smart from a business point of view and will prolly pay off for sporting reasons too

not to mentoin that psg basically bought themselves the next 5+ championships if they can mantain most of their star players.

6. Uraharа The Princess Dissection

Remember when world class players like Ronaldinho and Ronaldo R9 only costed €27.5 million:bookerskully

7. Jay. Love

well football clubs are big business companies now. theyve grown over the years. ofc the prices go up cause clubs can pay more. that's the nature of things. welcome to capitalism fellas

8. Pocalypse Return of the God

Giroud only scored 4 less goals than Neymar last season and in a much tougher league

9. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

10. Gunners .

I had a problem with it but I don't any more. In a round about way, teams will start holding on to players by pricing themselves out.

11. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

Football in general has made a fuckton of money over the years

Of course price tags are gonna increase

Not to mention teams don't rely on transfer money as their income as much as they used to so the incentive to sell for a low price isn't what it used to be

I could list more factors but to sum it up... it's inevitable

12. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

The thing is, PSG didn't pay Barca any of Neymar's fee. The way release clauses work in Spain allows players to buyout of their contract. So PSG's Qatari investors gave Neymar the 220 mil to pay Barca. I assume PSG will be paying them back but yeah. That's also how they avoided the FFP rules.

13. the_notorious_Z.É. The Pirate Prime minister

14. Rukia This. Is. Progress.

You guys are unfair. You don't understand how much the television deal has changed things. These clubs are rich asf now. They may pay 20% more for transfers and wages, but their profits are up 20% as well!

15. Sansa Princess.

Paying anywhere near 100m for a teenager (Mbappe) is just ludicrous I don't give a fuck what he's done the past season, he's a kid.
    And paying near 100m for someone who's a star at their club, but not exactly in elite company (Coutinho) is laughable as well.

But it's what was to be expected, you keep buying players for these prices and it inevitably brings the industry standard higher. Players like Oxlade-Chamberlain are going to start going for upwards of 40m pretty soon.

16. Akatora Active Member

As long as it's the money the football club itself make i don't see a big issue if their finance through sports success over a long time Like the historical big clubs i'm fine with them being able to gather together for a big bid.
    But mediocre teams that potentially become big teams simply due to getting a new owner who wants to play big spender... that ruins the market.
    Though in addition to player prices has to be mentioned player pay and buy out prices mentioned in the contracts(don't make sense they're that high either)

17. Akatora Active Member

...come on, it's not like in recent years spanish 3'rd to 6'th placed teams have beaten top teams from the premier league and collected more silverware than the 3'rd to 6'th placed teams of the premier league.
    Sure theres 6-7 teams competing for the premier league where as in spain it's ~3
    I'm not sure about which League is the better of the to defensively, usually it's Italy that run with that one.
    Just because a league got more attention and got more money doesn't automatically make it better.