1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Fujitora vs Current Luffy, Katakuri and Marco

Discussion in 'One Piece Battledome' started by Gianfi, Jul 10, 2019.

Who wins?

1. Fujitora

40.0%
  2. Current Luffy, Katakuri and Marco

60.0%
  1. barreltheif

We probably wont. Kaido is going to go up against Luffy, who will be above yonkou FM level, plus more allies.

2. Acnologia

Flag:
    Germany

:dead

3. Turrin

Jozu, Vista, and Marco all fought for extended period of times and only started to loose when distracts by WBs defeat; WB also trusted all of them to be able to fight these enemies.

This is much different then Luffy getting one shot not diff; I’m not going to even continue this until you acknowledge that.

4. barreltheif

None of them fought admirals for extended periods of time. Jozu fought Aokiji for one chapter off panel, and then turned around mid-fight and got one shot. That wasn't because of WB btw; it was because Kizaru attacked Marco (who was fine - he just regenerated).

Jozu vs Aokiji wasn't a better performance than Luffy vs Kaido. There is perhaps a bit more room to make excuses - "maybe Jozu would've done a bit better if he had been more calm and collected" - though the same applies to Luffy against Kaido. Jozu vs Aokiji wasn't even clearly a better performance than the preskip SHs vs Aokiji, aside from Jozu giving Aokiji a bloody lip when he blindsided him. Both fights lasted for about a chapter.

Marco as I've already explained is a special case, because he can regen, so he normally can't be beaten instantly. He still didn't manage to fight an admiral for an extended period of time though.

5. Turrin

Let’s keep this simply. Do you agree that Kaidou beat Luffy with an unnamed attack in a single strike no difficulty?

6. barreltheif

No, I don't agree. He beat him with the "8 trigrams thunderclap".
    You're probably thinking of the attack Aokiji beat Jozu with, which was unnamed.

7. Turrin

Whatever the bottom line is he defeated him with a single casual attack; yes or no?

Nah I’m thinking of blue pheasant that couldn’t beat Ace

8. barreltheif

No, I wouldn't say it was casual. Kaido certainly didn't look as casual as Aokiji did against Jozu. Kaido looked really pissed off, and chose to end things quickly with a named attack.

9. Turrin

How about Aokiji or Akainu against Ace who couldn’t end him in a single move?

Ace > Marco = Katakuri; according to barreltheif

10. barreltheif

I can't tell what you're trying to ask here.

11. Turrin

Is Ace stronger then Katakuri?

12. barreltheif

No. Jozu probably isn't either. What's your point?

I have never made either of those claims. You are deeply confused.

13. Turrin

So Ace doesn’t get one shot by serious attacks from Admirals but Luffy whose >= Katakuri does get one shot by a Yonko, please explain.

14. barreltheif

You said that Marco/Jozu did much better against admirals than Luffy/Katakuri/Queen did against yonkou.
    You said this means that Marco is "tremendously above" Katakuri.

I said that Jozu didn't do much better against Aokiji, and Marco did somewhat better against Kizaru, but that's because he has a fruit that guarantees he doesn't lose immediately.

Now you're asking me whether Ace vs Aokiji/Akainu shows that Ace is way above Katakuri.
    And I'm saying that it doesn't.
    Do you think it shows that Ace is way above Katakuri?

15. Danyboy

Funny thing is, you bring up Marcos DF, yet ignore that Aokiji managed to beat Jozu(while he was distracted,but still)specifically because of his devil fruit ability. Btw Marco was matching Akainus physical strength, also he was casually reacting to Kizarus speed.

16. Turrin

I haven’t lost track of anything I’m trying to show you why there is a large variation in strength among the Yonko Commanders.

Ace 3RD Divsion commander of the WB Pirates blocked serious attacks from Aokiji and Akainu (got burned but Akainu but only because of DF interaction):

On the other hand Queen was completely helpless against “serious” Mom’s attacks and got demolished, couldn’t block or anything:

So at this point we ether need to conclude Mom is way stronger then Akainu and Aokiji; or Queen is much weaker then Ace.

Like wise the same issue presents itself when, a “serious” Kaidou easily demolishes Luffy (>= Katakuri), couldn’t block or anything:

Again ether Kaidou is way stronger then Akainu and Aokiji or Ace is way stronger then Luffy/Katakuri. Those are the only two options.

Personally I choose to believe option B that Katakuri is much weaker then Ace; as I don’t think Kaidou/Mom are that much stronger then Aokiji and Akainu. And that means by proxy at least Marco would be even stronger then Katakuri then Ace as he’s FM.

Now tell me which option you agree with and then we can start talking Marco / Jozu vs Admirals from there.

17. OniKaido

People keep saying the new admirals are weaker but yet have nothing to base that on

18. barreltheif

Wait. Earlier you pretended like I had claimed that Ace > Katakuri/Marco, and tried to make fun of me for it.
    Now you're admitting that you actually believe that Ace > Katakuri?!

To answer your question: I think that the gap between Ace and Akainu is probably a little bigger than the gap between Katakuri and Kaido, and that both Ace and Katakuri would get absolutely wrecked by yonkou/admirals.

19. CaptainCommander

You came so close to the truth only to slip into insanity.

20. Tenma

Didn't Oda clarify a while back that the 'relation of superiority' between Mera and Magu fruits wasn't that Ace was 'weak' to Akainu but that the Magu was simply the more powerful heat-type fruit?

In any case Jinbe managed to block Akainu, and G3 Luffy and Sanji could react to and block Big Mom unscathed, all way better than Ace against Akainu. This doesn't mean they are all "much stronger" than Queen and Katakuri.

21. Hades92

most of the debates are here are based on extrapolation and assumptions right?...like 3 FM level guys can't take one admiral is as baseless as your claim....we just make assumptions just like BB being weakest emperor because he is "new"....and Akainu is top 2 while Aokiji is far away from him....etc.

22. barreltheif

? Aokiji isn't far below Akainu. He know that it's the exact opposite - they're almost dead equal. You could argue that Teach is the weakest admiral, and you'd have maybe some basis for that, though not a lot.

Admiral > 3 FMs isn't baseless. We've now had many examples of admirals/yonkous shitting on yonkou FMs/people who are around FM level.

23. Sengoku

@barreltheif @Danyboy where are you guys getting the idea that Jozu caused Kuzan a bloody lip? I'm not seeing it anywhere in the manga panel. What website are you using? Educate me.

Shame on you @Danyboy if you are resorting to anime as a point of reference.

24. Danyboy

Manga scans for this examples.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 6:35 AM
  25. Turrin

That’s not the question; is Ace much stronger then Katakuri; or is Kaidou / Mom much stronger then Akainu / Aokiji

Jinbei is also probably stronger then Katakuri and Queen; there’s a reason why Jinbei was held off from joining the crew for so long.

As far as Luffy and Sanji goes they accomplished that feat together on a barely serious Mom; which is a lot different then Ace countering compeltely serious Admirals twice (no way at least Akainu was pulling punches), so yeah that’s a much better display then Queen or Luffy against Yonko. It’s also consistent Vista was able to take on Mihawk; Jozu took on Aokiji, and took a serious slash from Mihawk; and Marco also counted Kizaru attack meant for WB.

26. Tenma

Jinbe isn't stronger than Katakuri come on now

Luffy and Sanji accomplished that feat together with 2 low level moves while sassing at each other, Katakuri could easily just replicate if not better that with two Power Mochis/'G3' punches.

Ace got btfo by a serious Akainu and one direct hit killed him. He didn't counter him any more than Reiju countered Meme lol. And I doubt Aokiji's heart was fully into an attack aimed at Luffy.

27. Turrin

Why do you say Jinbei is weaker then Katakuri?

Can you share the link for the Mom vs Sanji/Luffy scene

Ace only got his hand burned he countered most of the attack and that only happened due to DF superiority.

28. Tenma

Jinbe was getting overwhelmed by fodders at the party and was depicted as just as helpless against Katakuri's FS as Bege and Pedro.

I linked the pages for you in your Fujitora thread already, too lazy to link them again :catroll

Yeah, Akainu owned Ace because his DF was stronger, that isn't a plus for Ace tho

29. Turrin

I’m going to have to go back and read WCI arc again and get back to you

He didn’t really own Ace though, he burned his hand; which basically means Ace did better at holding back Akainu attack then Luffy or Queen against the Yonko; that’s indisputable

30. Tenma

Not really a fair comparison, Queen and Luffy took direct hits, Ace got burnt through his attack and took an indirect blast to the arm; one he initiated on Akainu (who countered) to boot. A direct hit from Akainu killed him.