1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

G Gundam - Good or Bad in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Xan-Nella, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Xan-Nella Drink-Ninja _>

Personally after the first Volume i was so bored i thought about using it as a sleeping aid, but found that even if it is cruddy, it serves me a good reminder to not buy into the 'zOMG roxxorz!' shelf at my local book shop without doing research.

I originally came upon it when reading my beloved Gundam Wing Manga's, Heero being mine and quite a few of fanfiction.net's authors favorite Gundam character (well, after Duo-Fangirls), i was amazed by something in a Character Contest.

Heero came not 1st, not 2nd, not even 3rd.
    He came 4th, Duo came 1st.

So i looked at who came second and third.

Some guy called Domon from G Gundam and a Horse...

Well, wondering what was so great that this character beat Heero, i decided it to pick up the manga, it must be good, after all, the public had spoken.

So, this Domon is a Martial arts champ then, thats kinda cool i guess, i hope he isnt just the steriotypical badass = Damn, he is the steriotypical badass, he had a facial scar, he wears a bandana, he fights with his fists and he is the strong mederatly silent type.

Well, thats original, i can see why the Japanese Public decided he was better than Heero.
    Yes, Heero is also a badass, but he isnt steriotypical, he is slightly pychotic, he is virtually an emotionless machine, he has no self preservation which leads to some intresting situations, he is the perfect soldier.
    He isnt 'fabulas' outside his Gundam, he is basicly an all rounder, Duo has him beat in Guns, Wufei in Melee, and Trowa in acrobatics.
    But his inticts, lack of fear of anytype, and Gundam piloting put him above all his peers.
    I also liked in the Manga he smirked and had a little burst of personality every so often rather than his plain stoic-you-know-he-feels-but-is-hiding-it-ness of the Anime.
    There was also his weird Romance with Relena were the (unintended) pick-up line had her fall for him and them eventually kiss, a incredible thing for an Action Anime.
    IIRC the kiss doesnt happen in the Manga though, guess they wanna leace it open for the fangirls yaoi-syndrome.
    Though havent read the Manga version of Endless Waltz yet, there may be as many hints in that as in the Movie.

G-Gundam's inventiveness... well, it is a fighting tourniment that brings these Gundam's traveling to Earth, that way Peace can be maintained, well, relativly peacfully...
    And they call these battles... Gundam Fights! original huh?
    So... Domon is a Gundam pilot of the Shining Gundam.
    He also happens to be looking for someone to save his father, what an original plotline :amazed

*sigh*

Ah well, so i wasted ?7, what did you guys think? did you like it or dislike it, or as i did, hate it?

Tags:
  2. Ramza Beoulve The Zodiac Brave Story

I didn't think G Gundam was as good or as involved as Gundam Wing. But I thought G gundam was actually the second best gundam series. For some reason i didnt like the really old one, and i hated the little miniature gundam series...

3. Adjective-Noun You're Such a Domer.

G Gundam is simply one of the best Gundam's out there. I enjoyed it much more than Wing and it continues to be my personal favorite Gundam series. Maybe because it didn't waste time trying to force some stupid philosophy down my throat. Domon (And pretty much the entire cast of G Gundam) always seemed much more alive to me than the Wing cast, even if they were stereotypes. Oh and it had master Asia. That made it instant win.

"ANSWER ME, DOMON! SCHOOL OF TOHOU FUHAI!"

4. Juubi Active Member

I loved the G-Gundam anime. I always thought that it was funny whenever Domon added a new word to his finishing move.

By the end of the series, it was something like:
    "Shining-Burning-Love-Sekihotai-King-of-Hearts-something-something-Glowing-Fingers!"

5. The Drunken Monkey ? Triumvir ?

G Gundam is the shit man, Especially God Gundam and Dark Gundam.

6. Adjective-Noun You're Such a Domer.

You mean "Bakunetsu God Finger Seikiha Love Love Tenkyoken", or for those who saw the dub (it was actually pretty good) "Erupting Burning Finger Seikiha Love Love Tenkyoken".

It's a cool move.

7. mystictrunks The BOWSS

The manga sucks as it can't convey how bad ass G Gundam really is. Watch the anime it's a much better series then Gundam Wing. The plot twists destroy anything you saw in G Wing as well.

Also Heero is a stereotype. In fact almost every character in the series is exactly the same as Heero.

8. RachiruAkari Chunin of the Leaf

I'm not sure, but I think G Gundam is one of those where the manga was made AFTER the anime. Usually, those manga SUCK. G Gundam was indeed a cool anime... I have the manga. It seems very rushed, and it cuts down on the cool parts of the story. Everything happens too fast.

Still... I wasn't as intrested in the series before Schwarz showed up though... But still, THE POSES he does! Ugh! That is the only bad part about him!

9. C-Moon ...

Flag:
    United States
    G Gundam is what sparked my interest in the Mecha genre.

10. kunaitoe Member

G Gundam had some of the best fight scenes ever, and Domon is my favorite Gundam character :eek:

11. Supa Swag Active Member

Liked the beginning, hated everything else. If I watch it again I might find it funny since when I watched it in 5th-6th grade I felt there was some Japanese superiority put in it.

12. *~Kinjirareta-Asobi~* New Member

God-Gundam is made of AWESOME. That is all.

13. zero_digit New Member

i believe having a good story and making an anime out of it, it is a good effort, for me as long the story if great i will continue watching it

:)

14. Donkey Show Bukkage

By far one of the best Gundam series, period. I will admit until Master Asia first appears, the show is rather meh. But from that point on, it becomes great. It's never meant to be a typical Gundam show, it's basically a super robot anime with parodies left and right. For what its worth, it was well made and the battle between Master Asia and Domon near the end was worth the buildup. Classic.

15. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    It was definitely one of my favorite Gundam series.

16. deathgod hidden beyond eternity

I've only really liked two of the gundam series : Gundam Wing and G Gundam. Both were great.

I watched the CN version of G Gundam (was a noob back then :p) and it was great. I loved Domon's saying, can't remember exactly how it goes, but it was like "These hands of mine are burning red..." and at the end when Master Asia was defeated, the conversation they had there was great. Can't remember exactly what it was, but I remember it was great.

17. Ramza Beoulve The Zodiac Brave Story

18. *~Kinjirareta-Asobi~* New Member

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory!"

19. HEATAQUA Freakazoid

20. deathgod hidden beyond eternity

Yeah I think that's it.:) Do you remember Domon's and Master Asia's convo at the end? Man thinking about this just brings back the memories. I think i'll see if I can find those eps again and watch them, this time in Japanese.

Also Heero was/is a badass. He self detonated his Gundam without hesitation and survived.:nod

21. *~Kinjirareta-Asobi~* New Member

Well if you're talking about the conversation at the end of the fight, then:

Kristian Valen