1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

G Gundam or Gundam Wing?

Discussion in 'Gundam' started by NinjutsuRedPanda, Aug 31, 2005.

1. NinjutsuRedPanda

Which is better? even though I love them both...you know...I couldn't make up my mind which was better.

Tags:
  2. Mindless

G Gundam with it's unique, but strange concept, or Gundam Wing with it's hypocritical and shallow characters...

I think my vote is on G Gundam. :)

3. NinjutsuRedPanda

Yeah...I'll go with G Gundam I guess. G Gundam isn't drawn AS well though. Yet, the movie Endless Waltz was lame. And G Gundam has great music.

4. Hunter [inactive]

Well I personally enjoyed G-Gundam more than Wing.

5. NinjutsuRedPanda

True. But you can't help but to love both.

6. Piekage

I enjoyed both, but I'd go with G Gundam.

7. Ha-ri

G Gundam created a new level of suck, wing rules.

8. Zeff

9. darksage78

Gundam Wing for sure. G Gundam was unique, but too unique for me. I cried when I looked up Canada Gundam... And what was up with the windmill gundam?

10. Kiba-kun

They were both pretty terrible, but I'd go with G Gundam.

11. Jikes

isn't G Gundam like the Gundam version of japanese Sentei(spelling?) shows? cuz if its is I believe I attempted to stab my eyes and ear drums when i saw burning gundam doing "GODO FINGA" in that Gundam Evolve episode.

should be called either Gudam Ball Z or Might Morphin Power Gundams.

I just kid I havn't seen the whole series so I can hardly judge.

12. UltraSynaptic SeizureNinja

I'd have to say Gundam Wing. Why? Because I really hate the design of Nobel Gundam.

13. Chillin

I actually liked Gundam Wing. G Gundam had its moments, but I really didn't like it.

14. Shadow Replication 1480

I hated every single character in Wing aside from Duo and he's not enough to make me want to ever watch it again, so I'll go with G Gundam.

15. Kucheeky Badkuya

Same here. I could stand Wing, btu G-Gundam just got my confued and pissed most of the time. Gundam X is better than both.

16. Donkey Show

G Gundam because you can't go wrong with the power of love. XD

17. dspr8_rugged

I'd rather watch Gundam X or any of the UC Gundam series... :p

IMO, Mobile Fighter G Gundam isn't to be taken seriously. It deviates from standard Gundam "warfare", so I can accept the ridiculous Gundam designs, cheesy lines, and a light story.

Gundam Wing, on the other hand, I also liked (actually, this is the first Gundam series that I've seen that made me hooked to other Gundam series...), in terms of mechanics and mecha battles. However, flawed characters, boring storyline and senseless and repeated talks about "peace", "pacifism", "war", etc. (read: Relena Peacecraft) shoot this series in the foot.

Given the two, I can stand G Gundam more than Gundam Wing.

18. ssouske

Since i like the more traditional gundam shows, i'll go for Gundam Wing... G Gundam is like a cross between gundam+dragon ball+super robots... which i find a bit interesting... but it did go against the gundam theme one way or the other... as an example, it is the only gundam show where the characters actually shout the names of their attacks... not doing so was one of the key features of gundam that made it different from the super robots of the 70's. why? because it was more realistic to not shout your attacks... can you immagine amuro shouting GUNDAM HAMMER!!! or BEAM RIFFLE!!! when he used those? :p
    Wing on the other hand had most of the elements that made gundam shows great... it had pilots that did not shout "BUSTER RIFFLE!!!" it had politics, and etc... the but it also had its flaws... like emotionless characters... weak plot... an uber powerfull weapon slammed in a gundam... and a main pilot that can say only one phrase, which is "I WILL KILL YOU...":amuse other than those weak points, gundam wing is definitely better than G...
    I liked seed better than those 2, but it also had its flaws... but over all i think SEED>WING>G...

19. Naruto_San

I LOVE G GUNDAM !The ending weirded me out a little.:blink

20. Arsuran

g-gundam really really sucked ( no offence) its like a big wrestling match with machines. In gundam wing in the other hand is like kill or be killed

21. White Reflection

W is consisted of 5 cockroaches who refuse to die and an aweful plot behind the flat storyline while having the most ugly female main character.
    G is a Dragon ball Z version of gundam with some retarded grotesque mechas which deserves to be considered as pollution to the eye. Also the character's line is corny.

When it comes to the question which sucks less, I might have to vote for W since WZC is my second favorable MS next to Destiny.

22. Wing-Zero

23. Ha-ri

How can you like Destiny with the plot-holes, no character def, shiin, and much mroe sucky-ness?

24. White Reflection

Hmm Good point. Maybe I like Shinn because I am also anti-social? :blink Just kidding.
    I do agree that the relationship between Glady and Dul is not well developped, and Neo deserved to get killed by Shinn in the end instead of becoming a Char clone inside that golden MS.
    However the idea which they arrange the fight between two main characters (Shinn and Kira) is cool and kind unique.
    The def for Shinn is a bit subtle but we can assume that deep inside of him, he wanted to protect Orb which explains in the end he burst joyful tears upon the message "Orb was saved". (Sigh: Again, dont let a kid do a man's job. Shinn is not badass enough to take down Kira.)
    One more thing I would like to mention, Dul is not really evil. He did whatever it took for a politic to achieve his goal. His ideal is yet to be tested and we will never be able to justify destiny plan (Screw the hypocrite Lacus).
    Now we all know there is gona be another sequal to Seed Destiny since the world is going back into a chaos again.

25. kakashie-sensei

g gundam rocked imo, but as far as i can say

Gundam Wing Pwns all

26. Scorpio3.14

I personally liked the light heartedness of G Gundam. Its a change of pace from the regular gundam formula and it turned out pretty good in my opinion. It was not ment to be taken seriously, and if you dont it is a good show. Wing was good to, but I enjoyed G Gundam more.

27. Pulp Fiction

28. Encronian

personally i felt they were both horrible, i'd take X or Zeta over either of them, but since gundam wing have virtually no character development in the main characters aside from them getting more annoying. and since i like how the gundams were controlled in g gundam and i felt that it had a storyline that made my head hurt less then wings did, i'm gonna have to give G Gundam my vote in this one

29. FitzChivalry

30. Megaharrison Retired Staff

Gundam Wing for sure....G-Gundam was just a lame attempt to have the Gundam franchise appeal to the Shonen market.

That being said, G-Gundam wasn't TERRIBLE. It just can't stand up to the other series.