1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

G7 in disarray after Trump rejects communique and attacks 'weak' Trudeau

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Le Male Absolu, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

Tags:
  2. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Spain, Argentina
    What a trash.

3. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Kick U.S.

4. wibisana still newbie

Poland
    Melania prolly slipped at said oh justin, while having sex with trump. so he is so mad and launch personal vendeta

5. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Spain, Argentina
    They should really kick US out.

6. GRIMMM 心渡

Trump acting like a child again. No surprise there. It always becomes a personal attack with him which displays his ignorance and stupidity. He loves slinging shit at others, but no other country's leader will stoop to that level luckily.

7. Roman Chariot

What a stable genius, truly.

8. wibisana still newbie

Poland
    And replace with China

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Spain, Argentina

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    As much as I'd like that, I think India is more likely, since with the exit of Russia the G7 is all democracies, and they probably want to keep it that way. Keep it as a forum for the Free World to huddle in the face of authoritarian threats.

11. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

If there is something the European should really start to do is working to limit our dependency on the US as much as possible. What happened recently is not that terrible but it could become serious in the future.
    The EU is already working on that, especially since the drama over the Iran deal. For example the European will have their own payment systems to be free from American policy.
    We should really rethink the G7 without the US and maybe with the EU as a direct member rather than France, Germany and Italy and extend to other countries.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  12. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Chinese President Xi Jinping, whose country is locked in a high-stakes trade dispute with the United States, on Sunday said China rejects “selfish, shortsighted” trade policies, and called for building an open global economy.

Xi did not mention the United States during a speech at a summit meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), a regional security bloc led by China and Russia.

“We reject selfish, shortsighted, closed, narrow policies, (we) uphold World Trade Organisation rules, support a multi-lateral trade system, and building an open world economy,” Xi said in a speech in the port city of Qingdao.

The United States and China have threatened tit-for-tat tariffs on goods worth up to $150 billion each, as President Donald Trump has pushed Beijing to open its economy further and address the United States’ large trade deficit with China.

Xi spoke hours after Trump said he was backing out of the Group of Seven communique, thwarting what appeared to be a fragile consensus on a trade dispute between Washington and its top allies.

“We must ... discard Cold War thinking, group confrontation; we object to acts of getting one’s own absolute security at the cost of other countries’ security,” Xi said.

The SCO was launched in 2001 to combat radical Islam and other security concerns in China, Russia and across Central Asia.

It added two new members, India and Pakistan, last year and Iran has been knocking at the door. Tehran is currently an observer rather than a full member of a bloc that also includes four ex-Soviet Central Asian republics.

Xi also said China would offer the equivalent of 30 billion yuan ($4.7 billion) in loans under a framework formed by SCO countries.

13. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

Oh and about the comment regarding Justin Trudeau, it's part of an escalation on words that will have severe consequences on the relationship between Canada à d the US.
    I think the EU should strengthen even more the cooperation between Canada and Mexico.

14. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

can you link some intel on the payment system?

i wholeheartedly agree with replacing italy, france, germany with a full EU represantive.

trump wants bilateral agreement? well he will get one with the biggest trade bloc in the world then.

15. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    The smallest group of countries you need to make half the world economy is U.S. + China + Japan + Germany. ("G4")

If you take out the U.S. it would be China + Japan + Germany + U.K. + India + France + Brazil + Italy + Canada + South Korea. ("G10")

[Current G7 members highlighted]

16. wibisana still newbie

Poland
    Authoritarian?
    It is People Republic of China

17. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

Nazi concentration camps also said work makes free

18. Cardboard Tube Knight Breaking hearts; breaking rackets

This seems to gel well with the story that he's just out to help Russia. He does nothing but talk them up and shit talk our allies.

19. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

Rethink the G7 with India and Brazil as new members.

20. GRIMMM 心渡

Plot twist: Russia paid Trump to act this way on purpose.

:gabe

21. Snake Well-Known Member

22. JH24 Well-Known Member

What a total disaster. Even after a year I still get surprised at Trump's way of conduct. Why is it that he never seems to be able to commit to anything? I'm afraid to think what will happen with the summit with North Korea. I have no confidence in Trump at all. Watch Trump doing something that will hurt South Korea next.

23. Roman Chariot

I wouldn't mind China taking the USA's place at this point, given how they've been acting. First, I want to see how the midterms go. If Trump wins, chances are that he'll win a second term too, which would make me much more in favor of the US being kicked out and China taking its place because it's evident Trump doesn't seem to care to cooperate with the rest of the world while Xi does seem to be taking steps to move forward. It's also a more reliable powerhouse compared to India imo.

24. Roman Chariot

Well yeah. Each time you think he's reached the limit of idiocy, he goes to one up your expectations easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  25. Cardboard Tube Knight Breaking hearts; breaking rackets

What's stupid is how the Republicans are willing to put up with this and let him basically ruin the country for everyone so that they can force through bullshit.

26. JH24 Well-Known Member

I'm not really a fan at the moment of China either though. Not with the way they're conducting themselves in the South Chinese Sea. It's in their best interest to show themselves as a rational and reliable power. But if they ever become the world's next super power they're probably going to act in the same way as the United States.

27. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

It's true that we must consider a second term with Trump but having Trump in the white house is very good for Europe self development. It gonna make us stronger and free.
    We can predict the end of NATO in the coming years by the initiative of the US.

28. JH24 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I just wish Europe would finally wake up and cut through the bureaucracy. We need to become more independent and have a mobile defense force. And we need this all as fast as we can. NATO might very well be on its way out in the coming years. But whether that will happen or not, Europe needs to focus more on its own development and future.

29. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Agreed.

While I am obviously for China having the world's largest economy (to feed the world's largest population), I'm uneasy about formalizing them as First Among Equals until I've seen more respect for rule of law from Xi.

China should have a seat at the table, but they shouldn't be trusted to chair the table until they've demonstrated that they can do so responsibly.

Ironically I would have been more for China chairing the world under Hu Jintao, but since 2012 all the border disputes, abolished term limits and curtailed freedoms have me in doubt about whether or not they can be trusted with power without becoming a bully.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  30. Cardboard Tube Knight Breaking hearts; breaking rackets

That's what scares us. We actually need NATO, I think that we all do. Especially with the likes of Russia and the global economy. Trump doesn't speak for the majority. Trump didn't even win the popular vote in the election