1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Gaara is the strongest of the former rookie/genin group

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Yagami_, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Yagami_ Well-Known Member

Gaara has proved himself to be the strongest of the former rookie group. He has more raw power than Sasuke, and he has more finesse and control than a Kyuubi Naruto. I think the fact that he was able to be a KAGE promotes this thinking. Kishimoto's not gonna spend much time on gaara's development anymore (since he pretty much reached his prime), so he had to make him very strong. While naruto, Sasuke, and Neji have room to grow, Gaara is pretty much at his peak, and he needs to be since he is Kage.

This is the reason why Gaara is the strongest of the original genin, including Naruto and Sasuke.

Tags:
  2. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

pssh, I could be Kage of the Sand village...thats nothing special.

3. Turrin 玄武

well although i disagree i think that both sasuke and naruto would be even with garaa...personally naruto is the strongest of the genin...if he uses kyuubi...by a whole lot. If he doesn't he is only slightly behind sasuke and garaa and thats how it always has been until the last battle any way

4. dora ♥ teh dinosaurrr ,,

I agree...I think.
    My opinion is that Naruto is the strongers of the former rookie/genin group, most likely because of the Kyuubi. Or maybe because I am one of his rabid fangirls, either one :amuse

5. Gohan Everything has a weakness.

Which is just a minor village....unlike the sand village which is one of the 5 major villages.

6. Karma Thief Newbie

Gaara is gonna come back to fight one of the Akatsuki later on. He is not out of the game just yet. Kishi still has to prove that the jinchuuriki are more than just their Bijuus.

7. Hamaru Semi-Active

Well I do think that He showed to be at least on naruto's level in the save sasuke arc....As for now will have to see what all Naruto can do.

8. Genesis Active Member

Well i would say Naruto KN4 mode would batter all of them. I mean Oro couldn't harm him, what's Gaara's sand Sasuke's cheap copy of kusanagi going to do against that?

However without Kyuubi, it could be either. Sasuke and Gaara would most likely be the strongest. As for Naruto, close to them but not at that level. After his training though, he'll pwn both of them.

9. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Sasuke is the same age as pretimeskip Itachi, just substitute the curse seal and curse seal level two for the Mangekyo Sharingan

I seriously think people are going to be blown away by Sasuke when he really shows the full extent of his growth post timeskip.

10. SGLP Karate Kick

Then Naruto is going to look even more amazing when he pwns him.

11. Hamaru Semi-Active

I think it's going to be a good fight...

12. Naruko Supporting Staff

Yes and no. He is the strongest, but he was never a genin/rookie when we met him. WHen Gaara hits the tower in the forest of death and Anko and the ANBU are reviewing the video image of him and remarking 1) how fast he got there and 2) how he is unharmed and that even a chuunin might not make it there unharmed, they state no way is he a genin (level). Which turns out to be true. Kazekage sent that team as spies because they were young enough to pass for genin for the exam, but they'd had extraordinary training their whole lives, as even is evidenced by the fact they had a B rank mission under their belt.

Gaara is indeed bad ass though.

13. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Tis the whole point. It's circular reasoning with those two. Sasuke fans should be praying for Naruto to get his game on the ball, and Naruto fans should be praying for a Sasuke that can atomize half the world.

Cause they are going to take each other to the wire regardless, so one's strength influences the other as far as the plot goes.

Where Sasuke is at now, wherever that is, is roughly where Naruto himself will be by the time they rematch.

14. Tazmo? bias modsonly want homo threds

The sand village seems to not produce very strong ninjas so being a Kazekage doesn't really prove anything. Sasori> Sandaime Kazekage

Recently Developed Bitching Teenage Pink Haired Girl + Old Lady> Sasori. Sunagakure isn't special. Gaara isn't that powerful.

15. ecelipse is a normal person

yup agree with you

16. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

O_o what?

Did you say the sand village is just a minor village, unlike the sand village, which is a major one.

People confuse the hell out of me.

17. Cava 행복!

master of contradictions u are my dear friend! u just fucking included chiyo n she is, afterall, part of sand. i mean sakura is plain crap by herself. i'd rather shikamaru than her big size forehead which stores probably nothing. n since gaara is only 15 obviously he isn't gona match up to someone like tsunade as a hokage. i mean tsunade has 40 yrs more experience than that mascara boy has.

18. The Uchiha Wrath Harmless spectator

True, however there are still those who think Naruto can take on Sasuke at this point in the manga ie minus Kakashi's training.

Heh, seems Kisame\x2q was right all along when he said Sasuke will own team 7 and be ahead of Naruto after which Naruto wil train, so much for those who said Naruto needn't go through another training regime :/

Their power levels IMO will always be around the same until the end of the manga despite the show being called Naruto believe it or not.

If one gets the power gap the other will somehow catch up with him, think VotE. :grin

19. Saf The Fresh Prince of Konoha

I'm glad you didn't feel limited to objective analysis of Chiyo and Sakura when trying to analyze relative power. BEcause, you know, that would have meant you used logic to contradict yourself, and we wouldn't you thinking, would we?

Fucktard. They're less than Sasori even if you don't care to acknowledge them, so... what the hell was your point again?

Also... most of the ex-rookies can mop the floor with a Naruto not using Kyuubi. Quit with this nonsense about him being strongest now. It was true pretimeskip, and it's true post.

20. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Yes, as most can beat Neji wothout his Byakugan, Most can beat Lee without his taijutsu, most can beat Itachi without Sharingan and most cab neat Gaara without his sand jutsus.

Kyuubi is not Cheating, Kyuubi is part of Naruto even if you do not like it, Yes Sasori let Chiyo & Sakura kill him, but it was not because he went emo and decided to stop living.

Sanagakure has 3 genin in the 3rd Chuunin exam, what shows that his ninjas at least are strong. The analysis using "they are weal because sasori killed the Kazekage" are underrating Sasori's abilities.

And, returning to the thread, I do not feel Gaara is the strongest, after all a Naruto can control 2 more tails than him :D

21. Weizen_Bier just blow me, i'm used to it

gaara is strong, but the argumant isn't valid

one of the sand elders said, that they made gaara kazekage to better control him (didn't really work i guess)

22. B.o.t.i Active Member

Not really if naruto's going around doing s-rank+ moves & beating an s-rank
    criminal I assume.

And this is a not a good fight imo since in actual pure 100% combat no holds bar sasuke would get raped so would many jounins ,but thats another story.NOT looking forward to the fight at all too much talk & shouting out each other's name if naruto & sasuke were a boy & a girl & had this much tension people my age & older would say go get laid get it over with.

Naruto would never go all out on sasuke this is plain fact (he too nice).The fight would probably have loads & loads of pointless clashes & the fight would have loads of holes in it.

This is by far could proabably the most boring fight since naruto won't go all out & naruto always shows his true ability when fighting real enemys.Naruto is a pussy'o when it comes to fighting ''friends'' that was obvious since the first arc against haku.

This ain't itachi vs oro or Al vs naruto or anything of that level its a upcoming fight based on nothing & probably fueled by nothing.There's no cause for this fight.

At best there would be more important stuff hapening when they are going to fight.Probably Al & the last akat members rampaging about it would sort of be like goku & majin vegeta fighting 1 person going all out trying to win & still trying to get mangek probably after itachi kicks his ass again & naruto holding back worrying about his ''friend'' & the upcoming dangers.

Pff thats the way I see it just there's no cause for there fight.

23. vagnard Well-Known Member

Yeah. Until now I believe Gaara always has been the strongest former rookie. There is some chance that One Tail or Curse seal 2 could defeat Rescue Sasuke Arc-Gaara. After the timeskip Gaara suffered a incredible upgrade. In the desert I only see very few people even among the kages that could defeat him. But outside the desert I believe Sasuke is stronger than him post-timeskip.

24. Woozie Active Member

Sasuke might manage to take him out with genjutsu, but I dunno if that would make him "stronger" automatically.

Anyway I'm expecting Gaara to be majorly nerfed now without Shukaku's powers. But with Shukaku, and especially in desert - yeah I think I agree.

25. Kinjishi Well-Known Member

well lets not forget that gaara is now probably significantly weaker do to the biju being removed from his body. the good thing though is that he gets to make up for all those years of no sleep.

26. Refused 攻殻機動隊

i think the only of the former rookie genin able to defeat gaara would be naruto. because of the fact that gaara uses sand to crush his enemies, it would be hard for anyone to hold onto their lives. only kyuubi naruto could keep his. even neji would eventually be caught by the massive amounts of sand gaara can use.

27. Ofkinheimer Active Member

Didn't the sand council say they made Gaara Kage because they were afraid of him........

Doesn't necessarily mean he was the strongest in the village.

28. superfurrykel Member

Although Naruto and Garaa will not fight again, dont you think if Naruto utilize's the ability to use wind jutsu it would of been the perfect defense against Garaa's sand.

29. The Fourth Hokage Shinobi Perfection

hmmm, Gaara? no, Naruto handed it to Gaara pretimeskip. Sasuke should be able to hand it to him now, even Neji would. Like it was said by Raging Boner, being Kazekage is nothing special. Especially since Gaara was only appointed to the position so that they could watch him.

30. Black Mage Damage Dealer

Naruto and Sasuke have passed Gaara up already

the only way Gaara would win is if they were fighting in the desert
    but otherwise they would wipe the floor with Gaara