1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Gaara vs Sound 4

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Hagen, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

Scenario:
    Pre time skip.
    Shikamaru, realizes that the Sound 4 (Jiroubo, Kidoumaro,Tayuya, Sakon/Ukon) are tough and his comrades are going to be badly wounded. so he prefers to send Gaara alone to kill em all.

Gaara will crush em all imo.
    what do you think?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Sweeney Todd and Hell followed with him

all of Sound 4 at once I think Gaara might have a tough time.

Depends.. Kazekage Gaara or Pretimeskip Gaara?

3. Ae Well-Known Member

no way maybe gaara can take one out or 2 duno but gaar cant beat all 4

i think AM NOT SURE WHO WILL WIN

sorRY some time my laptop got cap log prOBLEm it only happen once IN a WHIle ok

btw this IS MY opiON so Dont GEt mad at me if i saY a stupit THINg OK ty

4. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

Pre ts, Kazekage Gaara would be overkill.

I think Gaara can kill them easily, they cant harm him, and any of the attacks he used against Kimimaro would destroy them completely.

They have no chance to survive a dessert coffin, a giant sand avalanche, the desert tomb, the sand burial etc.

5. Kero-Chan <font color='#d91b1b'><marquee><b>NF's Official #1

Garra PreTime skip will probably have trouble with all 4 at a time.

But think about it. 3 Ninjas or 2 or even 1 stalls him long enough for the others to get away with sasuke.

Best way for him to complete the mission and kill the 4 is to fight them at the sametime. But then again, its good cause he cant lose. If he dies the you-know-what dies as well. So I doubt he will lose with the you-know-what inside him.

6. The Truth Active Member

Gaara can't beat all four of them, nah i can't see it. Not with Tayuya's genjutsu's and Kidomaru's arrows that can peirce through Gaara's defenses. He could probably kill Jiroubou though. So Sound 3 ftw

7. Radical Dreamer Let's hear some boots.

Gaara's a tank, not a shinobi. As such, he would have hardly any defense against Tayuya's Genjutsu. Hell, he was already psychologically imbalanced so it wouldn't take much to make him crack. I also think Kidoumaru's arrows could skewer him. The other two are just overkill.

8. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

I was thinking similarly. I mean, Sakon's Ultimate Defense should be able to stop Desert Avalanche. Jiroubou's Earth Prison might prevent him from moving his sand around(draining the chakra out of it), or dropping a giant boulder might distract him long enough for Kidoumaru and Tayuya to get him with said abilities. While I would like to say he'd easily destroy them, I think their combined abilities are bit too much. He might kill 3 of them before he goes down though.

9. Uchiha Osoko I will kill you!

Gaara could just do what he did against Sasuke: let Shukakuu take over and turn into Shukaku form. Then he could stomp on the sound four.

10. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

Um..what makes you think that Kidomauros arrows can trespass the automatic sand shield?

He can destroy the whole area with a sand avalanche and get rid of Tayuya like temari did.

Sand avalanche is only one weapon in Gaara's vast arsenal. He can crush them with dessert coffins or make the ground synch below their feet.

11. Deathinstinct Member

Kidomaru's arrow went through Neji and a large number of trees without any problems. A little sand can't stop one.

That attack goes in one direction, and he's against 4 opponents. What makes you think they'd play fair and only attack from one side? If he uses that jutsu his back is exposed and he's open to attack. KO

4 on 1 is too much for Gaara to handle. Especially with his weakness to genjutsu such as Tayuya.

12. Grrblt Banned

They should be able to force their way through it, like Kimimaro did. Kidou's arrows are probably among the strongest aimed attacks we've seen so far.

13. Pyroneko 28 Member

14. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

Just cause Neji was pierced doesnt mean that can destroy Gaaras barrier. And Kimimaro is in a whole different level than the rest of the sound 4.

Gaara is NEVER exposed. Automatic sand shield , remember?
    He can create one avalanche after another til he cover the whole area.

15. Grrblt Banned

It's not just cause Neji was pierced. It's cause it pierced Neji (with a rather clean hole), blew through a tree and created a crater in the ground. If Kimimaro can tackle through the Sand shield, I would say that armor-piercing arrows could do the same.

16. Pyroneko 28 Member

Do you think the sand could block something with the force to do this?
    Spoiler:

17. Sweeney Todd and Hell followed with him

Now this would be a whole diffrent argument if it was Kazekage Gaara.

Other than that.. I honestly think Gaara would win. Its just it wouldn't be a straightforward quick fight.

18. Vogue Fame Kills

Locard your just overestimating Gaara's strength. Tayuya's genjutsu like above posters said will just overwelm Gaara considering hes already so unstable. Also, he cant even use pain to get out of it, as if he attks himself it wont work. Even if it did he just like totally falls apart from some pain.

EDIT: OOPS SAID KIMIMARO CUZ OF AVATER

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  19. Mr. Avocado I can make guacamole!!!

he sends them all 300 feet underground while tayuya curses gaara's name and village

20. DeOne Member

The only way I see Gaara win this fight is if he lets Shukaku take over. If he fully transformed like he did against Naruto he would win this battle no problem.

21. Radical Dreamer Let's hear some boots.

People in this thread don't realize that unlike Gaara, Lee, or Kimimaro, the Sound 4 are experienced Shinobi. They move around, they hide, they use traps.

Gaara, on the other hand, will just stand there like an idiot while Tayuya(who is almost Shikamaru's equal intellectually) and Kidoumaru(who beat the Hyuuga 'genius' like a redheaded stepchild) come up with some magnificent plan to decimate their opponent.

Hell, the Doki alone would screw Gaara. Think about it, they eat chakra. Gaara would stand there like he always does because he relies on his sand shield. They go through his sand and eat all his chakra, ending the fight. Really, this is a curb-stomp.

22. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

Thats's not impressive .Gaara's sand can withstand Deidara's bombs.Including the art.18. Besides Kimimaro, nobody else has shattered the sand shield in the series so far.i dont think the arrows are powerful enough.

He can destroy the whole area, with more devastating power than Temari. An avalanche to the right, then an avalanche to the left. Tayuya and everyone hiding are gonna be buried.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  23. Varuna Banned

hmm. well kidoumaru has a huge advantage in this fight. with his tactical abilities and analyzation. he could devise a plan with the others. sound 4 win.

24. Vogue Fame Kills

Locard I think your not getting the point. Gaara as we have seen doesnt just attack random places. So if the sound 5 are hiding (Which they will be) Tayuyas genjutsu will just make Gaara crack b4 he can do much. Anyways, you dont KNOW whether something that hasnt been shown can pierce something or not. So its all just guessing when you say kidoumarus arrow wont pierce sand shield. Also like radical dreamer said, those spirit things will just kill Gaara in 1 direct hit since he never moves at all.

25. Grrblt Banned

Deidara's bombs were blocked post-skip. This battle is for Gaara pre-skip.
    Gaara didn't block #18 with the Shield, he blocked it with huge amounts of sand.

26. Rokudaime Active Member

Gaara will win

He will use Desert Avalanche and destroy the other Sound 4 follow-up with Desert Requiem..I dont see how they going to dodge it when Gaara totally covered the entire forest with the sand....

and Gaara isnt that playful guy..he tend to start the battle with Desert Coffin -> Desert Avalanche combo.

27. Kazekageee New Member

wasn't there a part in the anime where they provided a highlight of kimimaro's background. They included a segment where Kimimaro destroys all sound 4 at once. If he can Gaara can.

28. Grrblt Banned

Never happened in the manga.

29. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Theres a saying: When you can't dodge, block. Like I said, Jiroubou has lifted giant boulders which could act as a dam(or if needbe, put his teammates into an Earth prison temporarily. Sakon has Rashoumon that could also act as a dam. Kidoumaru's arrow couuld likely cut straight through it, and Tayuya's genjutsu and chakra ghosts could go through it as well.

2 on defense, 2 on offense is too much. Also, the two offensive fighters can even attack an aerial target, making it even harder for him.

30. Jun'ichi Religious Executor

Sounds 4 versus Gaara ? Gaara wins 100%.
    The sound 4 aren't that skilled at all, one big flood of sand and unlike Kimimaro they stay down.