1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gaara vs The Paper (Agent Paper)

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by CrazyMoronX, Nov 11, 2005.

Gaara vs The Paper

1. Gaara with sandy bliss from the heavens!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. The Paper with a mess of blood and paper

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. That other chick that can phase through objects!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Godzilla dies either way, that gay lizard! :mad

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. CrazyMoronX

Ok, I think this has been done before, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Anway, the battle!

The Paper from Read or Die, has complete control over paper, similar to Gaara, except she can make anything out of. She even made a sword out of dollar bills that cut through steel like nothing.

Gaara, well we all know Gaara. He can do pretty much anything with his sand.

The Rules:

Paper has unlimited supply of paper.

Gaara has unlimited supply of sand.

Gaara cannot use Shukaku at all.

Anything else goes.

I think The Paper has an edge on this battle, her paper sword should be able to get through Gaara's sand.

Tags:
  2. ydraliskos

It's not like paper and sand are different, in the way those 2 use it. She could probably make diamond out of paper, and so could gaara, probably. Anyway, I think it comes down to mental conditioning, killer instinct, and experience

3. Raistlin-sama

This is a good one. Gaara or The Paper... I am leaning towards Gaara, but then The Paper is owning in a world of modern technology, while Gaara is just owning (well and losing to) in some fedual world...

But I guess Gaara, somehow uses his sand more viciously then Yomiko uses her paper. On the other hand, that paper storm she created, in the tv-series (flashback) was pretty damn nasty. So it is really hard for me to say who is going to win here.

4. konflikti

Imo, The Paper has always seemed to be much much more creative with her skill than Gaara is with his own. Gaara can levitate with sand though, unlike her.

She cuts trough metal really really easily, easily enough for me to think that he could cut trough Gaara without much of problem. Gaara has those huge sand moves, which might kill her outright. But unlimited supply...

Gaara probably, The Paper wasn't much of a killer, while Gaara still seemed willing to squish life out of his opponent. Yomiko is infinitely cooler character though.

5. The Transporter

Okay, it's unfortunate to say...but, i am a Read or Die OVA fan boy lol..

An, based on what we have seen of "The Paper", I believe she takes it....

Her Paper shield has taken a direct hit from a Sub torpedo....

She has blocked bullets....from POINT BLANK RANGE....with a pierce of Paper....

She can make a ribbon strand strong enough to piece CONCRETE....

Did I mention that her paper sword can cut through steel like butter?

Just a comparison....

Sasuke's Chidori can pierce Gaara's "Eye" State...

Sasuke's Chidori can also pierce Steel(Or, whatever that water tower was made of...)

The Paper does to steel what Cloud(Advent Children) does to concrete.

So, basically, it comes to offence Vs Defense...

When Gaara is on the Defensive, Paper owns him, due to the strength of her blade, no WAY Auto-Sand stands up to it lol. However, his ultimate defense MIGHT be strong enough....but then again, it is very linear. So, even if he summons it, I am afraid he dosen't have the speed to constantly summon it to different direction's, at all sides...

When Gaara is on the offensive, it is a little bit closer...however, if The Paper can actually move at the speed she used to block the bullets in the OVA, he isn't touching her, Bullet>Naruto Universe.

However, as usual, if Garra is in the Desert, he wins, because if his stupid suck you into the ground and you die Jutsu....

But, what if the Paper is in a paper factory! :p...

-Simon

6. CrazyMoronX

The way I see it, The Paper can make anything she sets her mind to, she's like the Green Lantern almost, except not as powerful.

She can fly, or float at least on a paper airplane.

She could (with the infinite paper) create any structure high enough to reach Gaara, and she can do so pretty quickly. She can ride the paper like Iceman rides his ice, as long as it has something on the ground to touch.

Her paper sheild could block anything Gaara throws at her, and she can put herself in a cocoon of paper and get out of the dessert funeral.

I see it like this: Paper makes a larger sword since she has more than a few bucks, and reaches Gaara one way or the other, blocking any attacks with thick paper walls. Once she gets to Gaara, it's game over. She decapitates the poor kid.

7. Lucifer

Yomiko isn't faster... Gaara would win by default. Papers are dumb weak...
    I have seen R.O.D OVA is very good... strange a bit. Goku Flying is hilarious...
    Papers can't beats Sands.... Gaara can blocked papers...
    Kimimaro Bones is better than papers...

THE COFFIN OF CRUSHING SAND

8. Chamcham Trigger

This is a great match up imo, but I give it to Gaara. The paper is nice with her defense, but she doesn't really have much stanima or agility or anything. Gaara doesn't move much, but I doubt he's a ninja without basic skills. Gaara has this one due to his better defense and better offense and the fact that he could summon sand from under her to crush her.