1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

gaara was the sand's trumpcard?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by silentruth, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentruth renji's hot @_@

i couldn't find a topic like so, so inform me n close this if there is already.
    during the battle right after the chuunin exam, it was stated by someone that gaara was the sand's trumpcard. how could gaara have been the sand's trumpcard?
    for gaara's ability on his own, obviously theres no way..gai easily defeated his desert coffin thing during the prelims to save lee.
    ok, so the monster..
    naruto beat him. naruto was even to him. if jiraiya was to fight him, it woulda been over even faster since he was better with gama bunta.
    i guess if no one in the village could summon gama or the boss of any of the summons, htat sand monster would be able to destroy something...but with all the geniuses in the village of konoha..i doubt he'd get very far.

another question..
    if gai defeated gaara's jutsu that easily, and lee almost beat gaara, how can no one in the whole entire sand country kill gaara? i mean, is the country that weak? that a genin in konoha could do more damage on gaara than anyone in the sand?

Tags:
  2. InnerSakura Mizukage

I dont know, from what they've seen Gaara probably seemed invincible with the sand protecting him, not to mention they were all kind of scared of him. Maybe no one from the country of sand even seriously tried to beat him and thus could not see his weaknesses. Just a thought.

3. Arima Teppei Mio-chan lover !

Well who would try they saw the fear in his eyes
    and he only excist to kill like he said so most wouldnt
    try and attack him.

4. Marvin Member

Gaara is very strong, specially in the sand village cause it's in the middle of the desert, where gaara can get more sand, and not use only the sand that he carried in the container in his back,
    also Gammabunta was losing to the Tanuki. if Naruto did not wake up Gaara at that time Gammabunta would be killed.

5. ~K+ Member

And all attempts sent by the Kazekage to assasinate Gaara has so far failed.

6. Arima Teppei Mio-chan lover !

Well yes in the desert he will be in advanced mode
    i think no 1 will be able to beat him there.

7. HazardNights Newtype

True, Gammabunta was losing during that fight and if Naruto hadn't woken Gaara up the two of them would hae died. Also I wouldn't lot of people would have had the knowledge that Gammabunta did during that fight, people really wouldn't have know how to dismiss the Sand demon, so I guess things would have been similar as if the Nine Tails had attacked again. Those blast that Gaara and the Sand demon were shooting were powerful and could have easily reduced the Hidden Leaf village or any village to the ground and taken out a great deal of ninja. Gaara on his own with just controlling the sand is pretty strong and he did take out those Chuinn after Shikamaru's fight, or they could have been Jouinn maybe, with ease. Once he gets going though, he transforms all the same.

8. Homerh Member

yes the country is weak. Kakashi and Gai both beat up about 30+ Sand/Sound Chuunins and Jounins. That's many jounins vs 1 jounin, and they owned all of them easily.

9. stormrunner Wants a Custom Title

Gai was able to stop the jutsu since it wasn't directed at him and that Gaara was weakend.
    Lee wasn't able to take him all out since Gaara had these shields covering him.
    Naruto had a demon within him and the demon didn't have control over him. Gaara was posessed. He couldn't even sleep cause that would bring out the shukaku. So to put it simple:
    Naruto+chakra+full control over himself vs Gaara+no sleep+possessed+not in control ==== Naruto wins

But if Jiraya was to battle him, i agree with you there. He would kick gaaras butt.

10. SilverChakra Hehehehehe

Of course, they are Kakashi and Gai after all :D

11. Omote Renge ...I'm just here.

I suppose the Sand village didn't expect anybody in Konoha except the Hokage to be able to summon at all. Since Orochimaru was going to fight the Hokage, they didn't have to worry about him. I can only guess that the Sand village can't kill Gaara because no one has tried to fight him with only taijutsu. It's a just guess though.

12. Kiosuke New Member

who in the hell said gaara was the strongest person in the hidden sand country, they just said no one has ever hit him before Lee, couldn't that mean Gaara doesn't fight alot of people.

there was a few assasins sent by his dad to kill him, so what, they could have been like chuunins or something

believe me Gaara is not the strongest in the sand

13. Kreen_Warrior New Member

Actually, as revealed in the manga, gaara can make as much sand as he wants.

14. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

There are few reason y they would think he is a Trump card:

1. No one expect a Sanin like Jiraya would show up in Konoha (even Konoha ppl coudnt find him).

2. Not many ppl can do large summons like the 3 headed serpent sand ppl did took them 12 ppl and a hell lota cast time.

3. No one expected to see strong ppl like Naruto or Sasuke or expect to see Genin as Strong as Naruto, Sasuke or Neji.

4. Garaa is considered as a monster, so they would expect him to transform into Shukaku.

5. They expected the Hokage to be busy with Orochimaru and the Kazekage.

15. Code Zoamelgustar

If he's in teh sand country he can do whatever he wants maybe sink a whole village into the sand.

I think it would most likely be the demon that's the trump card and you need a ninja that can summon a sannin-class summon and a strong ninja himself(Naruto had to use Kyuubi a lot of times in that fight) that's just to put him back not to defeat it.

16. EroKage DAtE BaYOoo!!!!

the sand ninjas werent afraid of gaara..they were afraid of the demon inside him and what would happen if it awoke...

17. Lizbet Complete Nutter

Gaara was the sand's trump card because a: the other villages didn't know about him (and thought he was just a powerful genin) and b: the shukaku! They said that the plan was to have him release it and (although he started too early; during his fight with Sasuke) if he had; considering the trouble that Konoha had with Kyuubi, he could have done rather a lot of damage. And Gaara may just have been stronger than his assasins because (if he's already killed the weak ones they set on him as a child; when theoretically he should have been weak too) they won't send their absolute best ninjas to kill him when he can also be their trump card.
    Last note: I think Gai was able to stop Gaara because he was "protecting a precious comrade" and all that (not that I don't find that stuff ridiculously sappy but I believe that's why because Gaara asked why he'd done it and that's what Gai said, plus Kishimoto loves to use that as a reason for strength increases).

18. Totsuya 呪印レベルII

If my mathematical equation is correct, then yes in fact, he is.

19. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

sand country being weak hell yea, reasons:

1. first and foremost...the kazekage is supposed to be the strongest or most efficient nin in the sand and was easily killed by orochimaru....and they didn't noticed.

2. multiples attemps to kill gaara and failed (c'mon if you send a chunnin to kill him and failed... why send more of the same class ... that is if you seriously want to kill him)

3. even the sand teacher was afraid of gaara and he lost to a genin(naruto)

4. the sand and sound nins were droping like hotcakes...the only ones that did serious damage was the serpent summon and the teacher i presume.

20. HyosHi Kage Godaijin Sama

That is the reason why konoha is the strongest village of all..

21. AtmosKnife New Member

Maybe sand wasn't weak they just didin't notice the weak point or something and btw it was just dumb luck that naruto could summon Gamabunta and well the country of sand was afraid of the demon inside Gaara like Kyuubi if Konoha would know that the seal doesn't keep the Kyuubi insede Naruto and Naruto can't control kyuubi. Would you think that Konoha would not be afraid..?

22. happykid112399 Member

gara is by far the most powerful thing the sand has, so in a way he was thier "trumpcard", but for the sand to think that they could take on the leaf was just stupid. might gai, jaraiya and kakashi could have beat them without a doubt. its only because of orochimaru and his sound ninja that they thought they had a chance.

gaara is awesome

23. adam5aby The Flame Alchemist

lee did not almost beat gaara. gaara pretty much whopped him.

also the point was to release the shukaku. a tailed beast. that, my friend, is a trump card.

no one has summons that large except the saanin, who were awol during this time.

plus they had the "sand kazekage" that was supposed to help the attack

24. Hydde ANIME ONLY Ninja

now that we are talking about gaara... i have a serious doubt about him....

He was clearly revived by chijo jutsu----- but he lost the demon insdie of him to akatsuki...
    In he anime... it was explained that the sand protected him from harm automatically... but it was because of the demn he has inside....

Now what will happen to him?. we all know he manipulated the sand with his own chakra... but what about the sand that autoproetcted him??.. now it will continue toprotect him even when the shukaku is not in his body?... or will gaara have to use his own chakra to protect himself?...
    he will even have to learn some taijutsu if that teh case... because without the protection of the sand.. he is almost a sitting duck.

25. Falco-san Piercing the heavens

Wasn't the sand is his gourd infused with his mother's blood?
    I thought that was what kept protecting him.

And even so, he is an extremely powerfull Ninja. He will never be a sitting duck.

26. Hydde ANIME ONLY Ninja

Mmm i think i remember something about the mother´s blood...... im not sure....

He is very powerfull but he depends a lot in the sand protective characteristics... without them..he would not have the time to summon his jutsus.

Anyways i dont know much about him and his abilities so im open to enlightment!!.

27. secludedly Member

Kishimoto cleared up that Gaara still has all of his abilities. Nothing changed at all. His shields and everything are still in tact.

A misconception about Gaara is he has an advantage fighting in his own village, but it's the same anywhere there is Earth. He can make his own sand anywhere by placing his own sand in the ground and start the mineralization process beneath the ground. In fact, fighting with Deidara in Suna was a disadvantage, and lost due to protecting his people, so he's better off outside.

28. Vanity on a Forums Break

Well by trump card....maybe they just meant the best of the young ninja from the Sand village that were taking part in the Chuunin exams?

Of course, the fact that Gaara later became Kazekage does lead me to believe that he pretty much is the strongest character in their village.

He's no doubt strong....but if they don't have anyone better, I guess they are a rather weak village compared to some other villages.

29. XMURADX Walking One Piece Encyclopedia

-Orochimaru assassinated their Kazekage.
    -Their 3rd most powerful Kazekage got captured by Sasori.
    -Their latest kazekage aka Gaara, also was on the verge of dying. Luckily due to some interruption.

So if there strongest Ninjas aka Kazekages got defeated easily, I see no future for this village.

Conclusion = Failed Weak Village.

30. Ulysses The Great King

Though Sasori would have been a hell of a kazekage, i bet Oro would have thought about it twice going against someone like him, but unfortunally for the Sand Sasori left the village to become its enemy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.