1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Gai vs. Drugged Jiraiya

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Insipidipity, Aug 24, 2005.

Gai vs. Drugged Jiraiya

1. Gai

47 vote(s)
    74.6%
  2. Drugged Jiraiya

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. Insipidipity

Would Gai have a chance at beating a Jiraiya at 30% or maybe even less?
    (for argument purposes, he's permanently drugged)
    Jiraiya can at most summon Gamakichi. He still has somewhat formidable jutsus.

If Kabuto can take on Tsunade and Gai can take on other people at 30%, why not Gai take on a drugged Jiraiya?

Jiraiya held his own against an armless Orochimaru though.

So how about it?

Tags:
  2. General Shino

3. Gai wins.

I dont like Jiraiya. And his Taijutsu is very poor.

4. Odlam

Gai could take this if he starts blowing those Gates open, the Sannin at 30% seemed to be roughly at elite jounnin level (before the boss summons anyways)

5. Rekindled

Ehm....Gai with gates but not sure without gates cause if Jiraiya summoned the boss frog......

6. Insipidipity

We saw what happened when he tried that...Gama Kichi.

Plus, even with Gates, those underworld spikes of Jiraiya's basically would damage Gai more than Jiraiya would be.

7. Lord Yu

Drugged or not Jiraiya is still a sennin.

8. So is master Roshi. O.o

9. Insipidipity

Yea...no amount of drugs can make him any less than a hermit...

10. Lord Yu

BAsically I'm saying Jiraiya is a superb shinobi who even if drugged could take Gai. Gai has speed but Jiraiya has experience and quick wit regardless of inebriation. Aren't we talking about the man who trained Yondaime. Gai is powerful but Jiraiya is thoroughly capable enough to deal with gai.

11. Archbob The Ninja

Gai, because people who can only summon tadpoles are not threatening.

12. Cthulhu-versailles

How dare you under estimate the glorious power of Gama kichi.. he dodged gaara's attack early in the series he is wicked.. maybe even as strong as gamabunta:amazed ..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will play a vital role in the series later on.. perhaps he'll even be the one to defeat itachi:amazed I cannot include him in this fight simply because if he's fighting even kyuubi would struggle.:p

Um, I'd say Gai should win if he opens the six gates.It would simply overpower jiraiya, jiraiya drugged could barely focus his chakra. Any ninjutus jiraiya does has a chance of just not working.

Ahem and we all saw the power boost gai got with opening one gate... he killed the power Beast Kisame 30% with one hit....:amazed Imagine if he opened six

13. azn_sephiroth

you're gonna compare jiraiyas taijutsu to gai's taijustu?

ok anyways i think jiraiya wins.

14. Insipidipity

Wow, big whup. Kisame said he's nothing compared to Jiraiya...

15. Cthulhu-versailles

... Gai with one gates... brute strength way above Kisame.. gate with 6 gates open around tsunades strength- in terms of punching power.

He'll tear thorugh jiraiya.. who can only use ninjutsu if he gets lucky and can barely walk straight

You said permant drugged, therefore jiraiya hasn't recovered at all.. he was recover from it in oro fight

16. Maloncanth

If the manga is anything at all like the anime, I don't even think Gai needs to blow gates open, especially if we're discounting his god summon. Drugged Jiraiya didn't seem that impressive at all to me. He's not particularly fast or agile, I'm pretty sure Oro would've whipped him in a taijutsu fight and the poor man had no arms at the time. Many of Jiraiya's big jutsus deal with trapping enemies (hell swamp or rock toad stomach) which just won't go fast enough for Gai. Jiraiya isn't totally unequipped to deal with close combat, but needle spines and a slow draw Rasengan seem like a thin defence against Gai to me. Jiraiya seems more like a mentor or back row character to me. Kind of like pitting original trilogy Obiwan against like, Maul or something.

Additionally, we've already got anecdotal evidence of Gai kicking Jiraiya in the face. In the anime anyhow.

17. Gyroscope

Gai vs Jiraiya at 30% - Gai wins with an Asakujaku.Jiraiya is just too handicapped at that stage.

18. kapsi

Well some drugs can make him e.g. tree or God or ascend to nirvana etc.

19. Jiraiyas Taijutsu couldnt compare to an Armless Orochimaru. And since the drugs affected his chakra supplies he wouldnt have anything else to rely on so its basically someone with superior Taijutsu and Ninjutsu at the moment vs someone who cant do any off his jutsus.

20. lekki

Look, I support and love them both but for anyone to think Jiraiya has a chance against Gai when he's drugged while Gai is fighting fit, it's stupidity.

No chakra control means no bunshins, no rasengan, no summoning of frog stomach, all he has is the swamp and he wouldn't be able to get away fast enough to even use it.

Let's see those spikes help Jiraiya against Asa Kujaku. Spikes versus flames, I wonder...

21. Gyroscope

Yea, while drugged Jiraiya couldnt even walk straight for a while.The drug is far too limiting.

22. Insipidipity

Opps, I didn't mean that far back. I mean like before he could summon Gamabunta again, like when he was still struggling to control his chakra but he already had flushed out a lot of it. That was the one at 30%. When he woke up, I think he was a lot less but he said he recovered that much.

Spikes > Taijutsu. If any of you play Diablo II, you'd know why melee fighters should avoid people with thorns.

23. Gaia

24. lekki

I was a werewolf on D2 LOD and I pwned those stupid paladins with rabies and fury:)

I destroyed their stupid spikes there and Gai can do it now.:tem

25. CrazyMoronX

Well I'm a fan of both Jiraiya and Gai, and harbor no bias.

I would sai Gai would beat Jiraiya, quite badly, since Jiraiya can do barely anything while drugged at it's fullest power permanetly. I'm sure even at that state Jiraiya could take down an average jounin or two, but Gai is Elite, and arguably stronger than Kakashi.

Gai wouldn't really need to use more than maybe a gate or two to take this, or none at all possibly, but that is doubtful. Plus, Gai has ninjutsu, he just doesn't use it that much.

26. TDM

27. Insipidipity

Gai's taijutsu doesn't have rabies or fury bud :p

You do 80 damage, he reflects 800 back maybe. Not to mention would tear up Gai's fists.

28. Aman

Jiraiya, drugged, while concantrating really hard, could summon Gamabunta, and had the control to almost do the yomi numa. But, i don't even see how Gai can beat Gamabunta, even with eight gates.

Oh, and what's this talk about Gai opening one gate to defeat 30 % Kisame? If you know about when Kakashi explained about the gates, and saw the system, you can't open for an example the third gate without opening the first and second.

29. azn_sephiroth

Thats what I mean....You're gonna compare jiraiyas taijutsu......to gai's......

Gai's taijustu obviously destroys jiraiyas...

30. Sobe

This is easy. Gai opens eight gates and kills Jiraiya, but dies shortly afterwards. So they draw