1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Gai VS Orochimaru

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Hiruma, Nov 19, 2005.

Who wins?

1. Gai

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Orochimaru

39 vote(s)
    66.1%
  1. Hiruma The King has Come!

Okay, so this looks insane. However, there are some stipulations...

-Gai has all his gates opened.
    -Gai has 10 minutes to kill Orochimaru, if he succeeds he is considered to have won, otherwise he is considered to have lost.
    -No prep time.
    -Orochimaru does not know that eluding Gai for 10 minutes will ensure his victory.

Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Hattackbeast Aggressive Neutrality

I really think gai could win....tho in ten minutes....hmm. I think gai would go hell for leather quite quickly, probably straight to 8th gate, look what he did when he realised kisames power(30% i know)he just whipped his dick out on clone forehead. Bottom line, gai would go for overkill.:p I can literally see the pages in my head...

although......:amuse who really knows

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  3. Freakness Cry, Benihime !

Ye well this is a problem . When gai opens all of his gates he is a worthy opponent for almost every character in the manga. Though, I do not know why, I'm having the feeling Orochimaru will someone make it to avoid him . Everytime in the manga we saw someone hit orochimaru, it was a kawarimi . Well, atleast most of the times .
    Orochimaru will just have to use his hiding skills .
    Although, you said Orochimaru doesn't know he needs to hide for 10 minutes ...
    Well, I'd still go with Orochimaru for a reason . The way he made Kakashi look when he faced him, still curved in my head .

4. kunshu Member

kakashi said opening all gates makes even a chuunin temprorarly stronger than a hokage(a chuunin could get stronger than sarutobi)

imagine if gai gets a n insane power up like that

orochi is a deaaaaaaaaddddd man

5. Edgecrusher Nigu's buffer of butter

*in reply to Freakness* That's all that needs to be said. If Kakashi, with all of his copied jutsu, chidori, and kuchiyose dogs was left stupified by Orochimaru, I don't think Guy could win. Not to say Orochimaru wouldn't get some punishment in return. Although Orochimaru can't use Edo Tensei, he still has his Kusanagi sword.

6. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I give this to orochimaru. If Gai were to open all of his gates to match up to him, then he'd need to take time to do it. I'm pretty sure Oro would probably have some spare bodies ready for Edo Tensei and wear Gai out with those. If Gai doesn't have his gates open, then I don't know if he'd fare well against Oro one on one.

7. Edgecrusher Nigu's buffer of butter

By the way, I'm sure Guy would go up to his sixth gate, maybe even his seventh gate, but never his eighth. Guy may not be that smart, but he's not like a Kaguya either, lol. And if so, I'm not sure it'd give Orochimaru that much time, since it didn't take long for Guy to unleash the sixth gate, so it could still be a close fight.

8. Hattackbeast Aggressive Neutrality

vs kisame clone 6th gate instantly. His control of his gates is perfect, he doesn't need 'time' to charge up. Gai wins, hes a hurricane. Orochis speed can't compare plus gai as evidenced holds nothing back in dire situations. Like i said, vs oro he's not holding anything back. And lets hear that tune just one more time. 'don't underestimate him' as said by mister 'oropwner' itachi.

Oro would be stretched to busting to win this against the absolute lunaticism of 8th gate.(which we haven't actually seen yet)(If he DID use it)

9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

lol well those are good points with the gates and all, but you have to remember that Oro was also able to use Edo Tensei against Sarutobi who wasn't charging up or storing up chakara for anything. I'm pretty sure that Oro has defenses up his sleve for the gates. To say that Gai could beat Oro is almost like saying that Gai could beat Sarutobi....unless you're saying that Gai could beat Sarutobi, then I really don't have much of an arguement against that yet :S

Well another thing is that Oro is really good with that mud thingie. From what I know, which is not much since I'm pretty sure Oro hasn't shown us everything he has, he's really good with Kawarimi (sp probably) and can probably wear out Gai with that. I just find it hard for someone that Gai would be able to take out one of the Sannin yet....and why is it that Gai doesn't have any votes yet :huh. I know that the votes mean nothing, but it's rather misleading :laugh

10. Hiruma The King has Come!

The thing is, without prep time Oro cannot Edo Tensei, and Gai starts with all his gates open.

11. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

That's why I had a weak defense just in case he didn't use the edo tensei. He was fairing pretty well even before he used it against Sarutobi, and didn't fight too bad against a weakened Jiraiya when he had no arms as well. I'm pretty sure that he has more than just the Edo Tensei, especially considering that he became regarded as one of the sannin before he even developed that forbidden technique.
    EDIT: now there are 7 votes for oro. What's going on? I'm getting really confused now.:S

12. SamKage Uchiha's Kage

How Orochimaru can touch Gai who is the SpeedNinja?!

I have to go with Orochimaru but I don't know why I choose Orochimaru.

13. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Well I was looking at the three fights that Oro has been in so far. In two of them, he shows some really impressive speed, especially when he's toying around with sasuke. Gai is mostlikely faster, but Orochimaru isn't a slowpoke himself, plus though he has good speed, he'll have to do something to get close to Oro and when he get's close Orochimaru might have some moves to push him back.

14. TDM Toast

If Gai can die, but still win by getting a double KO, then yeah, Gai wins.

15. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

orochimaru would take this easily.

16. Grrblt Banned

8 gates Gai would most likely win. But I don't think Gai can open all gates, which is why Oro wins.

17. Peacock New Member

Gai wins. He defeated Kisame with 6 Gates.

18. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

Orochimaru wins,even kakashi was trembling facing orochimaru..believe it!

19. Shiron BOING!!!

Under those conditions, Orochimaru. Gai might be able to severely hurt Oro in those 10 minutes, but I don't think that he would be capable of actually killing him durring them. Thus, the match goes to Orochimaru.

20. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

21. Code Zoamelgustar

Gai... unless somehow Orochimaru has power that far far surpasses Hokage...

22. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

....and your point is?

Oro > Kisame for all eternity:wink

Anyways, with Gai havin his gates open, he'd be a tough fight for anyone, and with all gates open, in fact, he'd win...tho with Oro, it might be a Bunshin or Kawarimi Gai is pummeling, so Gai loses thinkin he takes Oro with him...and is horrified when Oro melts into mud:amuse

Orochimaru wins.

23. Keramachi Fight war, not wars.

The kawarimi certainly presents an interesting challenge for Gai. But if he can get Orochimaru in the open, then Gai has this. The 8th gate makes Gai more powerful than a Hokage. Kakashi was referring to a Kage in his prime. Sarutobi would have destroyed Orochimaru if he were in his prime, (hell, 10 years less and Sarutobi would've won) so Gai wins.

24. rie_chan Super Duper

Orochimaru, I don't know how to say this but, If Gai really can kill Orochimaru by opening all the gates, 10 minutes are still too short.
    But as I said before, I don't know how to say this...argg, overall after I saw the question, Oro is the one that I first tought will win.

25. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Gai has all 8 gates open and 10 minutes to go wild? He would demolish Orochimaru, in his normal form Gai has almost inhuman strength and speed, with all 8 gates a single punch to the head would cause Orochimaru's head to explode.

Even if Orochimaru were to use a Kawarimi it would only be a few seconds until it would come apart and Gai could start going after the real Orochimaru.

26. Code Zoamelgustar

Kawamari? ... So Gai... going at speed that surpassses everyone else in Naruto's universe... can't see something that will most likely be slower than him?

27. heavy_rasengan Active Member

LOL, Oro take this easily...

The only problem Oro faces is Gais speed. Oro will be able to take many of his hits, considering the fight wot Tsunade, Tsunade was going out and punching Oro 4 quite a while and Oro looked beaten but not badly. The sannin are trained and ready for moments like this. Oro knows over 1000 justu, it'll take more than pure Taijustu to defeat Oro. It doesnt matter how powerful the opponent is, itll always take time to defeat someone like Oro unless ur Itachi. This battle can last alot more than 10 mins.

28. Code Zoamelgustar

That was filler. Orochimaru took one hit from Tsunade and crumpled... so hits from 8 Gates Gai would be devastating.

29. Hiruma The King has Come!

Are you sure? Oro says Tsunade attacking him would break his jaw, and Gai with all gates open is definitely stronger. Also, there's nothing to state that Oro knows 1000 jutsus, that's Kakashi, and his '1000 jutsu' are also supposedly non-existant (he's never pulled them out once).

30. Edgecrusher Nigu's buffer of butter

We should believe Orochimaru's stronger than Itachi, then and disbelieve anything anyone says because they are all sychophants. Not flaming, but just saying you shouldn't make assumptions. Orochimaru likely knows a ton as well, seeing as he's a jutsu freak. Orochimaru's best bet is to keep his distance, and I think he can. But it would be hell since with the last gate, he would be lightning fast.