1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Gai vs Timeskip Gaara

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Sempfy, Jun 14, 2005.

Gai vs Timeskip Gaara

1. Gaara

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Gai

38 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. Draw

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Sempfy

Who do you think would win between the two? The fight can take place anywhere, but please elaborate on whether you think it would make any difference in the result if Gaara was in the desert or not. Also, Gaara cannot bring Shukaku out, for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Grrr, another thread where I forgot the poll. :spank

I know this is late, but I just noticed you wanted the poll -Gooba

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2005
    Tags:
  2. AKG

Under normal circumstances, I would say Gai. Although Gaara has improved since becoming Kazekage, I doubt that he could still fight against Gai's speed. Being able to unlock the 8th gate makes Gai probably more than Gaara can handle.

However, if in a desert, I still believe Gaara would lose, but Gai would probably end up much more injured. The environment makes it much easier to hide for Gaara, and well...there's tons more sand. So Gaara has more potential weapons that way. Also, seeing as it's Gaar'as natural envorinment, he would definitely feel more confident, boosting his morale. Either way though, Gai's speed and strength are just so great that Gaara would probably only injure him A LOT, but still lose.

3. Lord Of Reapers

I would have to say Gaara because after seeing him after timeskip I dont think Gai would stand a chance.

4. tmmyc

Gai has the ability to release 8 gates, which is said to allow the user to be stronger than a Kage.

5. HinataFanBoy

lol you know man, that doesnt mean jack sht nemore XD so many ppl are either at or above kage level

gaara should win, doesnt matter if its in a desert or not, hed just do what he did against kimimaro

6. Kyuubi Naruto

Gai would win. After seeing what Gai did against Kisame I dont see how Gaara can win.

7. HinataFanBoy

that was only 30% of kisame

8. Raistlin-sama

Gaara, he is Kazekage for a reason... I remember before the timeskip, everyone was like:
    "Oh, but the levels matter so much a chunnin/genin can never beat a jounin, whenever a vs thread of that kind came up. Now that Gaara have become Kazekage, everyone seems to think that the rank means nothing. Do i sense... hipocracy?

9. Kyuubi Naruto

Do you think a 30% Kisame can beat KazeKage Gaara?

10. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Kazekage doesn't seem to be very impressive.

In the desert, where he can move a whole zip code full of sand, Gaara probably wins.

Anywhere else, Gai owns him.

11. HinataFanBoy

no

(spam spam to make post longer spam spam)

12. shintebukuro

Gai wouldn't stand the slightest chance before opening up 6+ gates, and even after that, I really doubt he has what it takes to beat a kage level character.

13. Shiron

*Remembers the Gaara vs. Kimmimaro fight* I'm pretty sure Gaara would win, or at best Gai could tie. If Gai opens all 8 gates, then he'll beat Gaara, however he would die because of that, causing the fight to end in a tie. If Gaara can use Desert Avalanche on Gai, in combination with a few other sand techniques, then I'd say it would all be over for Gai unless he opens all 8 gates.

14. Cthulhu-versailles

If gai can use anything aside from taijutsu he owns gaara like a fat little baby. If not gaara dies in one hit after gai opens up 4 gates. Gai is like the strongest dude after all atasuki, the sanin, the hokages, oro.. naruto and neji and hyuuga leader. -gaara would try that kimmimaro crap guy would be like burning youth blast through the sand and kill gaara wit ha kick.

15. sik4rilz

i think it depends on the area...but no matter what i think gaara would win..he WAS kazekage afterall..

16. Despaired_Angel

Gaara would win. Remember, he doesn't have to stay on the ground to fight....

17. iLikeFire01

it would be a tough fight but Gaara would win. Plus hes the Kazekage!

18. MartialHorror

I actually think Gaara is only Jounin level.
    He only had so much power during his fight with Deidara because he was fighing in the desert.

and the desert has sand.

I'd say in the sand, Gaara. Somewhere else, Gai.

19. Enzain

20. MartialHorror

But with the gates he'd be moving so fast it would seem like it

21. Ryugaisan

Gaara is NOT Kage level. Yes he's Kage level in that he's a Kage. But he is nowhere near any of Konoha's Kages in power including Tsunade. If Gai opens six gates like he did against Kisame then Gaara's dead.

22. lekki

This is for Gai

It has been observed that the sand that Gaara makes can be dispersed, Sasuke did it during his fight with Gaara, Gai did it when Gaara was about to finish of Lee, Naruto did it when he summoned Gamabunta. This means that it isn't always as hard as rock. It is only that hard in special situations when Gaara absolutely must defend himself, like when Kimi had a giant bone spear pointed at him or when he was trying to change to Shukaku during the chuunin tournament.

Gai is a very strong guy, so the regular sand will not have an effect on him because first of all Gaara will never see Gai coming. Gai is faster than Lee who Gaara could not see. Also Gai's hits would be much more significant than Lee's were during the exam and Gai add's chakra to his attacks from what I have seen meaning that the sand guard on his skin might even stop the physical impact but not the chakra part of the attack.

Gai does not need to open any gates unless they are fighting in the desert where Gaara is much more likely to engulf Gai in sand. At that point it would become necessary, but only to stop the sand, the way he stopped Kisame's sharks while underwater. At that point, it would be all over for Gaara because while you say he can fly, he can fly, he can fly, Asa Kujaku is a long range attack...I'm sure that isn't his only long range attack.

Also Gaara would not fly in this fight because Gaara is not a coward and would not do something as cowardly as fly around a grounded opponent. His fight with Kimi would have been a lot easier if he was flying but he didn't fly then and he wouldn't fly now.

Kazekage or not, Elite Jounin Maito Gai would slaughter Gaara. :Gaipose :guns :sandspin

23. Despaired_Angel

Dude, you don't know anything about Gaara do you? He can CREATE sand anywhere, so it doesn't matter whether the battle is fought in the desert or the forest, he can make his own mini desert.

24. MartialHorror

Yes, he can create sand. But being in a place where sand is around you miles and miles away is going to give you much thicker layers of sand and more sand to control.

Do you honestly think Gaara would have survived against Jounin and Chuunin as a small child if this weren't true?

25. for the people saying gai will win
    honestly, tell me what happens if gaara is floating in the air.. way up, and is surrounded by his ultimate defense.

he'll just be sitting there throwing avalanches and desert coffins at gai, who will be trying to taijutsu his way up into the sky (gl)

26. MartialHorror

Only in the sand, it wouldn't have half the effect anyware else.

Considering how high Lee went up with 5 gates back then, Im sure Gai can do better.

27. Gooba

Gai flies up to it, and Morning Glory Bukkakes it until Gaara dies.

28. lekki

You didn't even bother to read the other posts did you?

agreed :)

29. Divine Avenger

In my opinion,i would say that gaara would win cuz 1.he is chosen as a kage,2.he has many jutsus that would whoop gai's ass and 3.if gai were to unlock all 8 gates,he would die but i pretty sure gaara would survive cuz of his ultimate defence...you noe gaara's tougher than he looks

30. simple_be

it's hard to say...gai with the 6 open gates maybe could defeat gaara...maybe...because in lee vs gaara when lee used 5 gates in that time gaara had strenght to make a last move...so...for me it will be a draw..

but i have to say that gaara in the part 2 was quite impressive,but gai showed the same as doing the 6th gate against "kisame"