1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Gai will never beat Kisame

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Hagen, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

Everyone is predicting that Gai will be Kisame's killer (Retribution,Plot,etc) despite common sense.

Gai barely beated a 30% clone who was just ?toying around?.He opened 6 gates to do it.. 6 gates!

Common sense indicates that Gai would be doomed against a 100% Kisame going all out.
    But everyone seems so sure that Gai will own Kisame's ass in the end.
    I wonder why.

Tags:
  2. Mouten one batch

I agree 100%.

3. martryn Dick in hand

Ummm... don't you mean he was slightly being beat in straight taijutsu against a 39% Kisame? As I try to explain over and over again, he didn't HAVE to open 6 gates to beat Kisame, he opened 6 gates to beat Kisame QUICKLY. It wasn't a contest. Gai opened 6 gates, Kisame clone died. Gai utterly owned him in the same manner a jounin would own a genin. For all we know Gai with one gate open would have been able to fight evenly with a Kisame clone, and using two gates might have been enough to win. But 6 gates is what he used, and so people assume that was what he needed. Notice how he isn't fatigued after opening 6 gates as well?

I say that Gai opening 7 gates might be enough to beat a 100% chakra Kisame.

4. Di@BoLik Who turned the lights off?

I agree as well.. Gai shouldn't be wasting his time on small fries like Kisame.

5. Bryan Paulsen Fitness Q and A

I have a feeling Gai will kill Kisame using 8 gates, but will die after he kills him.

That's just a feeling though. It'd make for great reading (and watching eventually in the anime).

6. Mouten one batch

Gai said he had no other choice facing a totally superior opponent.

Yeah, except that Kisame already dominated the show and his job to delay Gai was done, so your little celebration of Gai's power is focused on nothing but a pointless attempt to fight back only to notice that he was fooled.

Unlikely as Kisame didn't seem afraid when he was talking to Itachi after the fight. In fact, he pointed out Shouten is a good jutsu to delay someone but nothing compared to their real strength. Translation: Gai would be in deep shit if he were to meet the real Kisame. It's the same situation with Kakashi and Itachi.

7. martryn Dick in hand

So what if Gai was fooled and delayed. He didn't know that that was Kisame's purpose. Still doesn't change the fact that Gai owned a 30% Kisame very fucking completely. It wasn't a fight at that point, it was Gai slaughtering Kisame.

Kisame would be in deep shit to meet a full out Gai. If Kismae was so much better than Gai, and Gai is one of the most powerful ninjas out there, who is going to be strong enough to beat him? The way I see it, Itachi warned people of Gai time and time again, so if Itachi respects Gai at least a little, and Kisame respects Itachi, I think that Kisame should have a little bit more caution when facing Gai.

8. fungus Member

Do u remmeber the chapter? i need to reread it. I dunno i think Gai would put up a good fight and it will be close. Does anyone know how fast kisame is in terms of speed/strength. He seems to be the type of guy who will use endless stream of suiton jutsus, and when u get close he will shave ur ass.
    Gai may be his natural enemy as he loves close range fightning and wont give him time to use his long range jutsus or give him time to swing samehada

9. TheoDerek Rise Against

The strength and available jutsus of the shoten clones is limited by the amount of chakra used, which in this case was 30%. Kisame at this point had a chakra supply comparable to Naruto's and was strong enough to overpower Gai. At 100% Kisame is going to be a MONSTER. And he is going to have access to his big jutsus as well.

I wouldn't see it as that far of a stretch if Gai did need to open the 8th gate to kill Kisame.

EDIT: One more thing I forgot to add.

Gai was not considerably faster than 30% Kisame. He may have been faster, but not to the point where he could zip around Kisame like nothing. When Kisame attacked Gai was forced to block. He wasn't fast enough to evade. So that means that 100% Kisame is faster than base Gai. Gai will need a few gates just to keep up with him.

10. juUnior Member

He used gates, becuause his comrades would die due to water, he was traying to help them fast. Probably he know that Neji maybe would break, but if not, he was trying to save them quick. So my assuption is that if they have battle in the future, it will be super equall fight.

11. fungus Member

Well maybe didnt seem that fast, becoz he was still wearing weights like Rock Lee does =p who knows. I asusme if this fight does take place, it wont just be Gai vs Kisame but perhaps Gai + Random person vs Kisame
    I doubt it would be 1v1 initially who knows...

12. Mouten one batch

He knows now.

Not really 30% at this point, he already used up a lot chakra. It's just as Itachi said when he explained that he was out of chakra when his job was done, I don't recall Itachi saying Naruto utterly owned him or Kisame saying that he lost to Gai, because they didn't, the whole thing was an illusion.

So, in fact Gai was slaughtering a cardboard cutout of Kisame.

Let's get something clear what a lot of people get wrong.

The reason Itachi told Kisame not to underestimate Gai is simply because Gai looks like a moron, a bizarre beast in a green jump suit with thick eyebrows. His crazy appearance is the reason why Kisame or anyone else wouldn't take him seriously, Itachi merely pointed out he knows from experience Gai is quite skilled, but note that he didn't say Kisame would lose.

13. Spirit Active Member

People are forgetting Samehada.

Eat Gai's chakra. *Nyum*Nyum*

Gai will give a good fight. it will be intense, it will be interesting, i'll even be dehydrated because of it. but i'll place my money with kisame.

at this point, though, we've never seen how awful powerful gai with 8 gates. we can only imagine. but don't really know exactly how powerful gai is. we may be underrating him. but the same goes to kisame.

but if that's how we play it, [eg: 1st gate gai, str and spd increase 80%, 2nd gate str and spd increase 160%, just example], then my money still on kisame.

14. fungus Member

Do u even need Chakra, if your a taijutsu user?

15. Spirit Active Member

yes you do. the usage however, maybe differrent.

16. xenosoft Member

yes, even Lee uses chakra with his Tai-jutsu (first time he catches nejis and sasuke's kicks)

Also, if you think that "Gais" true aces, and trump-cards were shown in that battle your just ignorant. These are the type of people that when Gai does beat Kisame are going to be like "WoW, Plot-no-jutsu". Gai didn't even TRY lotus.

Also, if you look even closley, what tells you he didn't need to open the 6-th gate to PERFORM that move? What tells you it wasn't a requirment to do that attack he chose. since all his students Recognized it. Stop basing it on the amount of gates he used and look at it from another angle.

17. Mouten one batch

First, it was Sasuke and Hagane Kotetsu.

Second, Sasuke assumed it was chakra, but he was wrong.
    He never thought that it would be just taijutsu movement.

18. ~Redchaos325~ -a.k.a. sasuke325-

Im pretty sure that he wouldnt beat kisame, at 30% he had a hard time to beat him.

19. NakamaNinja Member

Gai and Kisame has had their fight, I dont think they will be matching up against each other again, even though Kisames revenge still is unfulfilled.

There's no doubt that Gai is a powerful jounin, but he sure as heck aint got shit on Kisame as of now. At least not if he goes by himself, he will be completely overpowered.

20. Ninja_dude Pervert 2 the bone

gai opened the Sixth gate..not Six gates...

21. B.o.t.i Active Member

Dude gai opened the ''6th gate'' not ''the 6 gates'' ,the 6th gate so basically he used one jutsu to beat kisamr at 30% chakra.

Looking at the actually fight kisame got his asked kick period even with 30% chakra by a simple move which was nothing to gai.Now can 100% kisame handle 1 gate opening like morning peacock??? Even worse more then 1 gate opening?

I just don't see much difference if kisame is 100% the gates are strong.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  22. Ninja inactive 火影

Kisame is stronger than what ppl think, otherwise he wont be ranked S-Class and be in such an organisation

23. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

Yes, the fact Lee is basically a small Gai has kinda of doomed them to "The Avenge my Master Scenario!" so beloved of Kung-Fu films the world over.

24. Rokudaime Active Member

here is some e.g. :
    Gai 6-Gate can does 9999 damage
    30% Kisame have 2700HP
    -Overkill-

Gai 6-Gate can does 9999 damage
    100% Kisame have 9000HP
    -Overkill-

so what actually make you guys think that 100% Kisame is more durable than the clone if he got caught in the range of the Gai 6 Gate jutsu?This isnt DBZ..Power Level dont exist in Naruto world.

25. Nice Gai Black Kamina

Here is my analysis. Lee can open up 5 gates right?

Gai 1 Gate > 30% Kisame
    Gai 2 Gates > 60% Kisame
    Gai 3 Gates > 90 % Kisame
    Gai 4 Gates > Overkill

I am sure Lee has not surpassed Gai yet but this analysis is in theory and makes since.

26. Tettsuo Member

What I find funny is that Itachi himself has stated more than once to not underestimate Gai. And here we have a bunch of people doing exactly what Itachi said not to do. :laugh

27. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I agree with rokudaime and Nice gai for this one I mean damn I can't even imagine gai using 7th gate on Kisame that's too much for him.

It's like using the omnislash on small enemy.:laugh

28. funumuh Member

The truth is....we don't know. Neither Kisame nor Gai got pushed to their limit.

On a side note, if they have a next fight, I wanna see Gai summon the turtle and surf Kisame's Suiton.

29. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

Gai will kill Kisame. Gai has the will of fire. Kisame is fish cakes.

30. tdultima Member

Facts:

1. Gai only opened the 6th gate, not 1-6. The 3rd gate turns you red, Gai was not red.

2. Gai didn't drop the leg weights yet. They are over 100 tons so Gai was only fighting at 30%.

3. Gai didn't summon his ninja turtle.