1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

gai's gates ?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by cizzle, Jun 1, 2007.

1. cizzle Sasuke is a genin!

when Gai used the 8 gates techniqua against kisame, he opened 5 of 6 gates...

why was he able to run away afterwards? shouldn't he be in alot of pain?

Tags:
  2. Double Arts Sui GB's Power of Youth!

Lee opened five and he was totally wasted... because it was stated that a 13-year old opening gates was uncommon/a first timer. He was not so developed then and his body coudn't sustain the damage. Gai is older and has been doing it for quite a time, he's expected to feel less pain/be more used to it.
    Spoiler: open if you saw Shippuden 16
    Anyway, in the anime you'll see that the strain of gates was added as filler... even as a pretty bad comedy relief

Also, Gai opened the sixth gate, ("Hachimon Tonkou! Dairokku Keimon, kai!") Not just the fifth.

3. cizzle Sasuke is a genin!

it was indeed a small filler part, just saw the episode...
    really strange to see that he doesn't get affected by opening so many gates..
    wonder if we ever gonna see somebody ( gai/lee ) open all 8 gates..

let's just hope tsunade or sakura is there to magically heal a dead person...

4. Double Arts Sui GB's Power of Youth!

Or PNJ (plot no jutsu) allows someone to survive 8 gates... we don't know yet, not I hope we'll need to find out :(

5. DethStryque *Murderous Intent*

^ Yes yes yes...Plot No Jutsu...

6. cizzle Sasuke is a genin!

yeah.. i wonder why and how gai or lee will use the gates... probably vs the akatsuki... it would be bad-*ss if they tagged teamed with both 8 gates haha

7. Double Arts Sui GB's Power of Youth!

They have always gone by the Protect Someone Precious rule. Gai opened gates to protect his students. Lee used the primary gates to do Omote Renge and protect Sakura, and secondary gates for Ura Renge and protect his nindo. So those are cases of dire measures to be taken, and thus gates should be used.

8. cizzle Sasuke is a genin!

yeah.. they would protect sakura vs AL... lee and gai would open their 8 gates and go crazy on AL.

wonder who would survive...

9. DethStryque *Murderous Intent*

Pfft that gate shit aint all that.....Gaara Still Whoop'd Lee's ass LMAO

10. Double Arts Sui GB's Power of Youth!

ROTFL. Sasuketards...
    Fifth gate. Sand container turned cushion. Gate exhaustion. Jinchûriki.
    Do any of those four sentences add in your mind?
    Not sixth, seventh or eighth, damnit. Fifth.

I made that comment before because, avatar-wise and speech-wise, you seem a Sasuketard. But I don't think many Sasuketards would steep that low as to question Gates' effectivity just because Lee pwned the Uchiha before the exams.
    Spoiler:
    Manga and anime have/will show that, no matter how dangerous, they are a desperate double-edged sword of an attack, but somehow VERY effective.

11. Cair Guest

Gaara still got his ass kicked plenty. He still hasn't gotten the shit he needs to get. KARMA, YOU MASCARA WEARING FREAK!! :yell

Very nice point HMnK! ^^

12. Inner-Kyuubi A.K.A The Great Master

It showed that gai was tired but you have to keep in mind that he is much older and expierienced so he can use them with less sideaffects.

13. DarkFire immune to modfuck

there are 8 gates in total and he opened 6, and also i dun think lee can open 8 gates yet

14. Shiron BOING!!!

It's mostly because of how Gai didn't do much with that open. With Lee, he did very intensive movements with the gates open, like the Omote and Ura Renge. However, Gai only did Morning Peacock and nothing else with them open, with put much less of a strain on his body.

And it's not the gates themselves that cause problems to the body. Opening the gates only releases the limits on the body and nothing else. If you do nothing with the gates open, then no harm will come to you, since you're not physically straining your body in any way by just having the gates open. All opening the gates does is release the limits and nothing more, so just releasing them doesn't cause any harm to you. It's what you do with them that matters.

This is why Lee was so hurt, while Gai was not. Lee did very intensive moves with the gates open and pushed his body to its limits. However, Gai didn't do anything quite so intensive and didn't push his body so far. Thus, he was only tired, but not injured.

15. Double Arts Sui GB's Power of Youth!

Shiron, nice point, I had completely forgotten on that!

16. Cair Guest

I second that!

17. Uzumaki_Nish Member

i third that
    but if they only increase ur limits how comz u die if u open the 8th

18. Shiron BOING!!!

Because you don't. You'll only die if you have the eight gate and push your body to the limits that the 8th gate lets you. Just like with all the other gates, opening the 8th gate would do nothing to you all by itself.

19. Uzumaki_Nish Member

oooooo kk thanx 4 the info
    god i sound lyk such a noob

20. Luin Baka

Yeah the 8th gate would be pretty pointless if it killed you as soon as you opened it.

So i guess there must be some level of using the 8th gate when your body just gets squished by its own strength!

I think you are right tho, that all the gates do is remove limits on what you can do/how much strain you can put yourself under etc, so it makes sense that if you close your gates after only a short time you wont get so hurt.

21. Konoha.Green.Beast. I do not exist.

Hemm, you sir suck, maybe it is my Leetardness, but I think that No weighted Lee beating sasuke so easy makes you jelalous, and accept it, Chuunin exam sasuke was a piece of crap, and Drunk Lee could pwn him hands down, no gates needed.

thus, I have wondered, do you imagine a No weight lee x Drunken mode x 5 Gates?

22. Shmee Guest

lee was a genin who had never opened the gates before, gai is an elite jounin who has most likely opened the gates several times

23. Elyon CP9 Liason

Activating the gates alone puts a heavy strain on your body...the 8th gate is no different. you'd have about a split second to attack before your heart explodes from it.

24. Konoha.Green.Beast. I do not exist.

Yes, maybe but not that short time, give it 10 minutes, to make some pwnage.

25. Cair Guest

It's kinda scary, knowing that both Lee and Gai could go over-the-top with their 'Protect Someone Precious' rule and open up the Gate o' Death. GAAH!

The day Lee/Gai dies, the world will stop spinning.

26. natwel Deux Ex Machina Lolz

I was thinking exactly the same thing, how can he open 8 gates and not be injured, you could say "lee was weaker than Gai", but the gates go with percentage of the subjects strength, and 8 gates is 100% whilist 6 is about 70%, so even Gai should have had the same symptoms if not worse.

guess another plot hole.

27. Do skibi da Dark Angel

When Gai opens his 8th gate which is called the Hell gate it will be the end of everything as we know it :oh

The sky will be scorched just like in the matrix which will be the beginning of the era of Pwnage

28. Slice Dangerous

Gai is physically in an excellent shape and far more trained and experienced than lee in his taijutsu. He can take the strain of 6 gates far better than Lee and i think he would be only in a serious trouble if he opened number 7 and 8.

29. SuperSaiyan4 Member

i don't think gai used his strength to its fullest potential. i mean lee was extremely exhausted because he pushed his body beyond its limit. i think gai just used enough strength, enough for his body to handle without draining himself completely, to defeat kisame.

30. Cair Guest

But like HMnK and a bunch of others said, Gai has more experience with the Gates, while Lee has some, not much. Plus, Gai only performed the Morning Peacock, while Lee was ricocheting off of the walls, performed the Ura Renge, and so on. Lee just put a lot more strain on his muscles then Gai did, even though he managed to open the Gate of Joy.