1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Gargoyles

Discussion in 'Television' started by Pizazz, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Pizazz Radio-Active Kakashi

Anybody up for a little nostalgia? :p

Gargoyles is still one of the greatest shows ever. I just rewatched the 1st season all last night with a friend, and man do I ever miss that show. There's going to be a Gargoyles convention in Las Vegas sometime this year, but....it's in Las Vegas. And neither my parents nor myself have the cash to get me there. *sigh* T_T

I'm thinking I might do some sort of Gargoyles cosplay anyway at an upcoming con...if I can make the costume anyway.

Tags:
  2. Racheal Ethereal Dream's Colourist

seen the DVD of the 1st season at work...
    been tempted to buy it since it came out...

I do remember watching it though XD alot

3. Fullmetal Moderator

=O
    i remember that show!
    use to watch it every weekday at 4:30.
    i actually have tradable cards from 1995 and some pogs

4. Spidey Does whatever a spider can

aw i love gargoyles. Goliath(sp?) was alway's my favorite. I loved the theme song too. damn, now it's stuck in my head

5. 4thokage Custom User Title

I loved it and i loved the rich (bad) guy and the group with robos/mutation and the dog bronx i tihnk

6. Pizazz Radio-Active Kakashi

rich bad guy = David Xanatos
    group with robos/mutation = .....uh....you mean the Steel Clan? (I remember the mutations too but not very well)
    dog = Bronx....yeah you were right there. ^_^;

Yeah, Goliath always has and always will kick ass.

Great, now I've gotta try and convince one of my friends to draw some fanart of various Naruto characters as Gargoyles.

Hmm....in the hopes of starting a slightly more in-depth discussion (if possible), can anybody remember what it was about Gargoyles that you really loved?
    I think when I was younger, it was just how kick-ass the Gargoyles were and just how unique the series was. (I actually used to play Gargoyles in the school yard after getting my friends into the show too.) Now, it's still the uniqueness that I love, but now that I'm older I think I can appreciate it a lot more. That and I love how genuine the characters are. They are a bit archetypal, but their motivations and attitudes bring the characters to life.

7. Forsaken Shh, you didn't see me.

What I really loved about the show was its characters. I used to think they were kick-ass too, mainly because I'd never seen an animated program based on gargoyles or monsters. That was indeed a unique premise.

My favorite characters were Macbeth and Demona. Macbeth because he was badass, and Demona because she was slightly deranged. I gravitate toward the insane ones.

8. justin_hermouth New Member

what ever happened to this show, did it even finish?

9. Pizazz Radio-Active Kakashi

*chuckles* Demona was pretty badass in her own way. And after watching some of the series again, she does make a lot of good points about humanity's darker side.

I'm pretty sure it did finish, though unfortunately I stopped watching during the later-on saga called The Goliath Chronicles. (Now I not only want to watch The Goliath Chronicles, but I want to rewatch the entire series....-_-)

10. MetalC New Member

*sniff* *sniff*

...I remember that show. Unless I'm mistaking it had a pretty dissapointing ending, however the gargoyles were at last accepted by the humans. :laugh

11. Fullmetal Moderator

ummm, let see if i can remember.
    -think David Xanatos picks up homeless people off the streets
    -uses them as expriements by injecting Gargolye DNA to change their apperance and stuff
    -they dont turn into stone during the day
    -goliath and gang fight them...they end up being allies afterwards
    -in later eps they help out (now that part i cant remember to well)

12. nigggs Guess who's bizack!

what the hell ever happened to this show?

13. chessmen New Member

The group with the robots and mutations was the Pack, they were an action tv show, then zanatos promised them power by mutating them and turning them into cyborgs and such (can't believe I'm remembering all this). Then the thing with the steel clan is where zanatos wanted to make gargoyles but he couldn't clone them yet, so he used the dna of different animals to make them, like cats, a bat to fly, and an eletric eel for energy. Man that show was great.

14. R_Lee86 Asshole

The best Disney cartoon ever....

15. CatBurglar Wicked little kleptomaniac

OMG! I LOVED that show! I think there were three seasons and it got cancelled. (or was it two?) Can't remember.
    But I am so excited to hear that it's on DVD (season 1 anyway). That is so wicked. I really really miss that show.

It seems like all the shows I really enjoy get cancelled. Odd that.

16. Zerolok sup, beatbox

weeeeeeeeeeeee i always like that show, plus its so fuzzy. I remember the dog, he was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Bronx, wasnt he?

17. Babbo Lord of The trees!!!

Babbo remebers that show....he used to watch it in the morning before he wen to school...then it dissappeared....

18. Pizazz Radio-Active Kakashi

Oh! I know who you're talking about! Xanatos mutated random people, including Elisa's older brother into mutants by giving them bat, random animal and electric eel DNA. I don't remember what they were called, but they were pretty cool.

Yeah, it is annoying how the best shows are often taken off the air. Too new and unique for such a conformist society or something..? I dunno.

I was able to save a whole bunch of my old Gargoyles figurines from a garage sale a while back. Apparently one of the old Burger King figurines I saved is fairly rare now. O.O

There's going to be a Gargoyles convention this summer in Las Vegas. I'd go if I had the money. *sob* It was in Montreal last year too! I could've gotten my mom to drive me out for it! Waaah!

19. skethee2 Bleacher

I watched it longgg time ago
    its very very interesting
    i wonder if its still on any channels

20. Izanami A very un-nyappy caffeko

awwww Gargoyles..the memories *tear* I was in love with that show when I was little....Demona, Angela and Hudson were my favourites. My favourite episode was when the gorgoyles stayed in their stone forms when the sun set...I don't remember how that happened but I remember Demona flying up to the castle and kissing Goliath goodbye while one of her tears slip down Goliath's cheek

21. animolc As of now....groovin'

I loved this show. I used to watch watch it. It used to be a dark show when it started but the later episodes weren't drawn as good and were more "kid-friendly". I was really disappointed when they did that. Oh man, nostalgia is really kicking right now. I was trying to remember the names of the Gargoyles but all I have so far are Goliath, Brooklyn, Hudson, Bronx.

22. Bloody_Mari Manga-ka Ch!k

Gargoyles! I have the old movie to it! I LOVE THEM! But I haven't seen the show yet in Spain or Japan they don't show it. D; :sad

23. ?Naruto-Kun? ........?

i used to love THAT SHOW! I havnt seen it in years, i remember the black from spawn did the voice of Golyeth (I dunno how to spell his name), but since its on DVD i think will check it out

24. Shin Kell The Feral Cat!

I think that was one of my favorite cartoons when I was younger. My faves were Demona, David Xanatos (mainly cause they were voiced by the people who played Riker and Troi on Star Trek), and the little Gargoyle. It was Brooklyn I think....anyways I ended up doing an awesome drawing of him, even painted it with model aircraft paint. Sadly it disappeared and is now living in the land of missing socks, keys, and miscellaneous office supplies.

Must get the DVDs!

25. Izanami A very un-nyappy caffeko

The others are Broadway, Lexington, Demona and Angela (I think thats all of them)
    Plus there's Puck, Elisa, Xanatos, Fox and Alexander

26. Toltio 2nd Place Potato Lancher

I remember watching the first episode, it was pretty sweet, isnt it coming back or somthing?

27. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

lol, bumping this old thread. :LOS

Watched an episode yesterday, brought back nostalgia from my early childhood. :LOS

Goliath has a mullet. :edu

28. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Thread-rez can lead to infractions and banning. Trust me, I know. I have a page of infractions to prove it. :quite

That said, this cartoon was pretty grand for its time. I remember Goliath catching that sword in his hand, and there was actual blood coming out of his hand. Blood in a cartoon! It was ahead of its time.

29. HEATAQUA Freakazoid

Gargoyles is a awesome Disney show :D

30. Ryuk  

Gargoyles use to be my favorite show, It comes on the Toon Disney Channel sometimes, and so does the Tick.:iria