1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Gekitou Ninja Taisen4 proves superior toNarutimett Hero 3?!?!!

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Kaki, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Kaki

There have been treads compairing the last games in each serise but they are all dated 2004, so given Tazmo's posting of imagesmusic media section and his straitforward prefrence to the Gamecube game on the opening page, I felt motivated to start this tread.
    I was, and have always been shocked by the general belife that GTN was somehow better than Narutimatte Hero, so I open discussion for those fans who prefer the gamecube game to please offer what makes this game "supirior".
    Narutimate Hero is my favorite multiplayer game currently and I have played GTN very little, so later if it becomes nesissary I shall specify aspects of the game that truly make it a winner. However I am starting this tread to ask what makes GTN so impressive, a game that dose not seem all that great to me in my experiences with it.
    This tread relates to the comarison of the upcoming games, but can also refer to the current relses of them.

Tags:
  2. Deathinstinct

How can this possibly be answered? NT4 hasn't been released, and neither has NH3. Maybe you should try something easier, like comparing NT3 to NH2.

3. kagemane1

I really can't compare the games. There very different. Gekitou Ninja Taisen and Naruto Nartimate Hero. Are not really compare able to me. Cause Gekitou Ninja Taisen is more like A Super Smash Brothers type thing. And Naruto Narutimate Hero is like the Budokai's and arcade fighting games. But if I had to choose I like The Naruto Narutimate Hero games better.

4. iGo

its not even a contest...i own both, and definitely narutimate hero...

5. winterman

Are you sure you don't have that backwards? I have GNT3 and from the video's I've seen of NH2, NH2 looks a lot more like SSBM than GNT3. The environments in NH2 have multiple levels and items and the characters have floaty jumps like SSBM.

One of the things I don't like about NH2 from the vids I've seen is that when you perform a super, the game loads a prerendered sequence with the forest environment. Hopefully they will change this in NH3 which I plan on getting (along with GNT4 :) )

6. FFLN

Yeah, I've heard that the NH series is like SSBM. It's probably similar to the One Piece Grand Battle games too, where you run around and pick up items and the terrain isn't just flat. I've never played NH, but some have said that they get tired of it because it's not about fighting so much as it is about supers.

In the GNT series, it plays more like a regular fighting game except you can jump and throw projectiles. It's alot of fun when you're playing against alot of people. Four player matches can be pretty hectic at times,:p since people will just come to a mutual agreement to team up on and beat the crap out of the person who's about to win.:p Anyway, I like the physics in GNT and the gameplay. They could do more, which they are with GNT4, but it's already pretty good as it is.^_^

7. Aeron

i like narutimate hero series more than gnt series because it's more loyal to the manga/anime... VERY much loyal XP and i like the ssbm battle style :)
    hm here it is
    if you like Naruto, and want a fighting game similar to the manga/anime, go for narutimate hero :p
    if u want a fighting game with some naruto models... go for GNT

8. TenshiOni

Naruto:Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 is incredibly loyal, but in NH2 Itachi can summon a comment genjutsu, Lee can open another gate and get all gold, Kakashi can do a double chidori and combine 'em, and nearly all of Kisame specials are made up.

You could say that NH2 certainly has more techniques from the anime/manga in it, but they sure as hell aren't faithful to alot more things than N:GNT.

9. Ssj3_Goku

hero is not as good as the Gamcube games.

10. Svenjamin

I have never played the NH games, but the general consensus is that GNT is way better. I mean everything from supers, voices, lines, stances, to even simple little attacks come straight out of the anime, it really is incredible. I have to say the I am extremely impressed with the amount of research 8ing has done to give us such a great game, both LOYAL to the anime, and one that has some of the best game mechanics I have seen.

You can do SO much in GNT, run, backflip, side-step, kawarimi, double-jump, and that's just the common attribute among all characters. There are things make all characters unique.

Some had supers that do more damage, cover a wider area, take/deal more damage, attack from different angles. It is not just fighting and skill, but also strategy.

We have taunt moves that allow characters to counter an attack, this is what puts button mashers to shame, and gives us a game where you can't win just by hoping the buttons you press work.

Some characters can teleport behind the opponent, mid combo, and while running too. I could go on. The only thing not faithful to the anime is the music, which is a shame. But everything else is grand. And GNT 4 is set to be even better, now with team supers, and dodging while running, what else will there be?

I would like to base my opinion on my own experience but like I said, I have not played NH, but from the clips I have seen and comments I've read. Well sorry to be biased here, but GNT is waaay better!:laugh

11. ShadelessNyght

I own the GNT games, and only managed to play the NH second game while I was at Otakon. After comparing the two with my friends the three of us all thought that GNT was the better game, but you still have to give props where props is due to NH.

GNT is one of those games that is just enjoyed all around due to its controls and set up. You can easily have your mom who has no idea how to play games pick up GNT, tell her the basic controls and she would be able to pick it up. It also has alot more of a party aspect, and has always proven to be a large amount of fun when you get 3 friends together, some soda and chips, and slug it out. More so at Otakon there was nothing better then having an audience behind you as they cheer and go on as so much stuff happens at once between the four different players.

The NH game from what I played is one of the fighters you really have to sit down and be completely used to. I attempted to play the game and it took me a good few times before I could figure out a majority of the combo system at that, though I was greatly impressed when I finally managed to pull off or watch a special become active. I found it to be really fun that you can go up against your opponent in order to continue the special itself and so forth. But other then that, the controls were really complex. You definatly could not have someone new to the game play someone who has played it a bit and expect to really pull anything off. But playing it enough and learning how to do some things made it a bit more fun. But you really don't get that party aspect even in multi player where you can have people standing around and gain that cheering effect as things happen.

All and all I definatly like GNT over NH, just because it is a much easier of a game for a wider audience to get into and has a much more of a fun complex to me.

12. Duttyman Momochi

NH is the simplest fighting game i have played.. i never played GNT.. so id ont know how simple that is but.. i like the NH formula.. its really simple button for attack block jump kunia and chakra..

Someone said they found it was a game of supers.. if u play against someone that is really good it is hard to land a super.. the game requires nice strategy and timing for u to land a super on a skilled player...

gotta check GNT though see how it plays

13. robdemonhunter

hmm. seems like so far, most people have only played one of the games frequently and never/hardly played the other in this thread. kind of odd to make a solid choice if you haven't played them both a lot.

i haven't really played NH much. (heh, i'm in the same boat!) i can't say for sure if i like one or the other better at this point, but there a couple things i can say for each that i've noticed.

i own gnt3 and play it like a fiend. i've watched people play nh2 for about an hour and have to say that gnt3 has better/smoother graphics. i did sorta notice just specials happening in nh2, which sorta seems lame, but again, i didn't watch/play it for long. when i did play, i felt like the reaction time wasn't as tight as gnt3, and i didn't have a chance to really figure out combos. it also seemed a little tough to figure out what attack would lead into the next.

what i really like about nh2, though, is the interaction with the environments. running up walls and trees is a really cool addition, and it also seems like you can change stages if you're hit in the right situation (and then the manga flips pages? cool!). i wish more games would take this doa style of scenic change; the rooftop stage of the arena in gnt3 would be PERFECT to knock someone down onto the grass and continue fighting, but alas, it doesn't happen.

i wish there were a naruto game series that sort of combined the interaction of the environments with the full 3d movement, but it'd probably wind up being closer to a 3d action game instead of a fighting game. i did enjoy the versus mode in tenchu 3, though.

and one thing i think would be really cool in both games is if you could somehow kawarimi from a super move. of course, it'd have to be trickier than just pressing a trigger button, but i say if gaara can kawarimi out of omoto renge, i should be able to, as well! :kkkawarim

14. Monna

Well I'd go with Gekitou Ninja Taisen just because I like Nintendo better than Sony.

15. AznGaara

GNT series owns NH serires, I say this for one reason 4-PLAYER BITCHES :p

16. Kaki

Thats a good reason but, One bias I have is the Gamecube controller(I know you can get adapters) isn't anyone else bothered by this?
    How can this be, most charachters have not shown evough moves to make this possible, what do you mean?
    Now, that's prety convincing, I will have to see.

Definently!
    You can Kawarimi when the special is striking you to prevent it, but not within it. But your idea is like animated special interupions....

17. hakke

GNT may seem simple... but it has many layers to master... a beginner can surely come out and win some 4player battles... but 1 on 1, you can thing you mastered a Character and be owned by someone more experienced... I say there are like 4 layers to master... at least on GNT3, never played the previous ones.

18. ShadelessNyght

Thus far it really just seems to come down to who owns which game and how much they have played said game. Though if you ask me I think the reason alot of people say GNT is better then NH is because not as many people can play NH. I already gave my vote for GNT, but I would love to actually be able to play NH (I bought the game a while ago, but thought if I used an action replay like GC I could free load it, to my surprise I was wrong).

If more people had access to playing NH like they can easily play GNT, I think it would be a little bit more of an even contest. Since from what I saw of NH, I could enjoy watching alot of the specials being done over and over. Not to mention I liked the game the moment at Otakon I was playing as Kisame, and though I had no clue of the combo's managed to summon a shark in battle to attack. Laughed so hard after that.

19. Svenjamin

"even simple little attacks come straight out of the anime, it really is incredible"
    By this i mean everything from Neji's forward B move, to Tsunade's running A punch.

There are many many little tidbits that was right from the anime. I don't mean like actual supers and special attacks, but things you see mid combo and all.

20. FFLN

There's nothing wrong with the GC controller. It's more comfortable for me than the PS2's since the buttons don't leave sores on my thumbs.:p

The majority of the attacks in GNT come from the anime or are adapted from it, some are made up, but still based upon what the character can actually do.

An example of an adapted move would be Jiraiya using Katon Gama Rendan. In the anime he did it with Gamabunta, but in GNT he does it with a smaller frog. An example of a move from the anime would be Tenten's Toushouryu... I think that's how it's spelled. Some moves which were made up would be Sakura's Inner Sakura combo, which is just a bunch of fierce punches anyway. I can't really think of any moves that are entirely made up since most of the moves that are used are just based upon moves that the character has shown before, such as Kakashi's Raikiri combo in which he lands a few strong attacks, launches the character into the air and then impales them on his arm.

Anyway, these adaptations are more sensible to some fans rather than some of the moves that have been invented for NH, such as Neji using some form of Byakugan to knock Lee out of the Gates or something.

21. Chiru

I have both. Yes. Lucky me. Narutimate Hero is just a smidge better than GNT. GNT is more fun to play with a big group of people, while NH is more fun with like one other person or by yourself. NH has cooler specials and the gameplay feels more Naruto-esque to me. GNT is more a traditional fighting game. Yeah... ^_^

22. winterman

If you want to play NH, then all you need to do is order Magicswap discs with either the ghost switch (for PStwo slim), swap card (PS2), or fliptop cover (PStwo and PS2). It'll cost you around 30 bucks, give or take. I have a fliptop for my PStwo. Takes about 5 mins to install. No soldering required for any of the 3 options. If you know how to use a screwdriver, then you're set.
    I ordered from gocybershopping.com, cheapest place I've found Magicswap Combos at.

23. Kaki

Same for me, it seems that in Naruto a fight is typicaly between only two ninja, or atleast focuses on just two at a time. Also the Ninja keep at least some distance between them during most of the fight. Dymensions are not that importatant.

24. Zouri

Ok, I've haven't been able to play GNT much (the only time I got to play it was at Fanime), but I can say, it sure does seem a lot more fun than NH.

First, I'll start with NH:
    It's a pretty simple game, only five or six buttons are really needed. Items litter the field, each having a different effect. The interaction with various levels and objects on the field is a nice addition. From my experience, if the person is better or worse than you, expect a short battle. However, if the two of you are near the same level of experience, and the two of you don't choose a cheap character (I'm looking at you, Kisame), then you can expect a good fight. However, it's appeal won't last forever, and it's not really a game you'll come back to over and over. Still, it's a fun time for anyone who's interested.

Then, GNT:
    I don't know too much about this game, having played it only a few times. However, I find that the frantic pace of battle really is much more enjoyable. The four player element adds more confusion to the fun (I especially feel sorry for people who play as Akamaru like this one person my friends played with, poor guy will never re-build his life). Moves don't stop gameplay and everyone is moving everywhere with things going out of control. There's less button mashing (which I like, as I suck at button mashing) and a little more strategy involved. Overall, it's frantic, sorta like a SSMB, but in 3D.

Overall, I think that GNT makes a better series. It has more characters, more to do, and is way more frantic. However, NH is still a very decent series, and deserves respect.

25. Kaki

Is this true?
    I thought that this would apply more to GNT becose it is more of a "frantic" party game, this could be why it is more popular at cons.

26. Illidin

GNT's are pretty good but if you and friend(s) are any good at fighters the game becomes way to safe and after awhile it does get boring I.E. Tekken series or SFII.
    4 player is much more fun but the camera becomes a serious issue from time to time and its just plain boring when the least skilled can gang up on the better player just to get them out no skill in that.

NH's are better IMO

27. Aeron

28. Sir.Cruz

GNT > NH because of sheer player amounts. I dunno it just matters a lot to me. When you have four different human players going at it, things can get really interesting as strategies and so on come into play. That's why I ordered GNT4 already, yet I have not done the same for NH.

Granted, yes GNT can get boring if like 1-3 people are playing... But when you add that fourth human and play 4V4 or 2V2 it's a whole different ballgame. :amuse

GNT is the absolute greatest Gamecube series I have seen to date. Better than SSBM? Indeed, the matches are more diverse and less revolving on who can do the most techrolling/throwing. Better than Soul Calibur? Does Soul Calibur have four players? Better than ____ one player game that forces you to run around for hours doing stuff? Indeed, that shop can get addictive as well as become an obsession if you take to the score boards enough.

I have never seen this much love for a Gamecube title before around my house. Everyone loves this way more than NH, though they do love the ougi moves. It just depends on what you want. Multiplayer insanity and competition or hours of gaming and cool ougis. I didn't choose the latter.:amuse

29. vome

I have played NH 1, 2 and GNT 2,3. NH1 and GNT2 came out around the same time so I will comment on these two first. NH1 is an ok game and it wasn't anything special. There were just 14 characters and there wasn't much depth in the attacks/combos/strategies. When I played GNT2 when it first came out, I felt it was a superior game to NH1. The fighting engine was good and there were many characters to choose from. Plus, it was a fairly complex games if you fight with good players.

One year later, NH2 and GNT3 came out. After playing both for a while, I came to a conclusion that NH2 is a lot better than GNT3. NH2 made big improvements in both characters selections and gameplay. It had 29 characters, I believe, but some of them were just clones. That was nice but the complexity of the fighting system is what amazed me. There is so much strategies in this game compared to the first one. You can cancel combo to set up super traps, juggle player in the air, do air throw, and my favorite part, equip jutsus on different character. Naruto can do chidori and other jutsus that were not originally his. This was really fun to experiement with. GNT3 has improvements too but they're not as ambitious as NH2. Beside from the addition of new characters and stages, every character now has 2 supers instead of one. There's also the 3 man super but it's the same for everyone so nothing special there. Everything else in GNT2 and GNT3 is pretty much the same.

Now I'm more of a NH fan than GNT. I'm anxiously waiting for NH3 but I will check out GNT4 when it comes out.

30. hakke

it really is just a matter of preference... I havent played NH... but Naruto doing Chidori... that's actually a turn off for me... I like when the game sticks to the actual story... and GNT deviates very little from that. I did mention there are different level to master... high level matches are very different from intermediate/2ndtier matches and as technical as any serious fighting game.

I still would like to try NH... but by the sound of it, it could easily be another game with other characters... where they interchange powers and stuff.