1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

General Boruto Anime Discussion (spoiler-free)

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by 48john, Dec 17, 2016.

1. 48john X

Broadcast Schedule: Wednesdays at 17:55 (JST)
    Studio: studio Pierrot
    Director: Hiroyuki Yamashita
    Chief Director: Noriyuki Abe
    Story Supervisor: Ukyo Kodachi
    Music: Takanashi Yasuharu and -yaiba-
    Based on: Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto and Ukyo Kodachi/Mikio Ikemoto's Boruto

Spoiler: Old opening post
    February 23 update:

First episode airs on Wednesday, April 5 at 5:55 p.m. JST

Welp a lot of people predicted it and it's here, guess Shippuden is actually going to end for once. You guys think it's too early for this? Going to be a filler hell unless it's a Dragon Ball Super situation where the anime can get ahead

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Combine For Science

Really disappointed in this. Wanted SP to focus on the current characters and their new relationships. And i don't get it, why? Why not take the time to do that? It's not like there's a lot of actual Boruto "canon" to get to.

After all, what the hell are they going to animate? The Boruto manga is still re-telling everything from the movie, I guess by the time April comes by maybe it'll finally be passed that.

It just seems strange to create filler for Boruto of all things when they could just as well still create filler for the current characters in their post-war time and allow the actual Boruto canon to get further ahead than it is.

Not that I'm exactly a fan of the Boruto manga either. Only thing I've really liked is the design of Momoshiki powered up looks cooler than the film design.

Manga version:
    Spoiler:

VS. Film version
    Spoiler:

[/spoiler

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  3. 48john X

Yeah Boruto manga should pass the movie stuff after next month, meaning by April they'll probably only have 2 chapters of new content lol. It's worth noting that Kishimoto said that he plans to make the anime better than Naruto, maybe he's involved in providing the manucripts for new story arcs like Toriyama does for Dragon Ball? Don't know but that's interesting, seems evident they'll start off with some introductory stuff, Gaiden and then the movie retelling in episodes. I agree that there's so much more they could have capatilized on in Shippuden though, more post war stuff would have been cool and weird how they only decided to do 3 of the epilogue novels. But I'm interested in what will come of the Boruto anime, glad they'll likely be using the movie art instead of Ikemoto's manga art though.

4. Platypus Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Guess the other novels won't be adapted then. :catpathy

5. 48john X

6. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

I hope SP loses a Shit ton of money on this.

7. RockSauron The Rawk

Fuck that shit, why the fuck did they waste so much time with a (horrible) AU, pointless chibi flashbacks that taught us nothing new, random Itachi wank in the middle of the final battle, and three random choices of novels to adapt instead of the many possibilities for the blank period that are never expanded upon and never will be because now we have to deal with Daddy Complex Kid.

Can't wait for Gaiden to be animated so I can laugh my ass off at that again, at least

8. Combine For Science

I can only guess at SP's reasons for rushing to Boruto. The only one that makes sense is that they want to try and capitalize on the goodwill and reception of the Boruto film (not sure if the manga is doing that well?) even though that was a year or two ago already.

But yeah, I'm really frustrated by their lack of incentive to try and fill in the huuuuuuuge gaps left by Kishi in the interim period between the war and then, and instead just rush ahead with Boruto. Heck, as noted they aren't even going to animate all the Kishi Novels. They fucked Kakashi over, they ironically pissed on Itachi's story even though they've "wanked" him elsewhere, and I guess the Akatsuki novel is right out of the question.

It'll be interesting to see if Boruto the character is capable of driving an anime. Naruto is popular because of, well, Naruto, and if he's relegated to minor side character it'll be interesting to see if there's still an audience.

9. Mider T VM Rapist

10. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

11. TemplateR Well-Known Member

I also hope for a "Naruto Kai" from Studio Pierrot with manga-szenes, which wasn´t animated in the orginal-series.

12. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Even if the anime gives Kiba the screen time he never got in the manga? :hurr

13. Xeogran "...!"

Poland
    I take it this will adapt that Naruto Gaiden, you know, the one with Shin and all.

14. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

I totally agree. Ironically we were not rushed with having more Sharingan repeated story and Itachi story arc repeated again and again. I mean seriously why didn't we have a Minato and Kushina Gaiden for once?

That includes with the Hyuga clan and the Byakugan that I even enjoyed the Hanabi two part episode and the bond of sisters that felt refreshing after so many repeated about the brother theme.

15. Blu-ray Moderator

They'll keep milking this cash cow till the end of time. Sad.:meh

16. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Probably gaiden first, and then we see what happens once the anime catches up with the movie.

17. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Guessing Shippuden ends on episode #500?

18. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

I think its gonna be more like Rock Lee spin off series.

19. SupremeKage Sanji>Zoro Fite Me

I want to see adult k11 hanging out, maybe even going out for BBQ

20. BlazingInferno Forum Ninja

Just in case for those who don't know who Dragon Ball Super works, this'll probably be the same. Both Pierrot and Kodachi (the writer of the spin-off manga, not illustrator) would get the basic plot outline from Kishi, then they each come up with their own spins of it (and Ikemoto creates alternate designs of the characters in the Boruto movie). The Dragon Ball Super anime and manga have the same plot but they do things very differently from each other. There's occasional arguments over which is canon and which is not. Should it be like Super, the anime will eventually be ahead of the manga.

21. Animeblue TrueBlue

@Combine @KingForever7 You guys know Pierrot don't provide funds to produce the series and only get paid up front. And don't make that much off the series, right.... TvToyko and Shueisha are ones that green light the series and ones that gain majority of the profit off the series.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  22. Indra I can't stop eating

Was it implied anywhere that DBZ super was canon? Not doing the argument, but for reference.

Kishimoto didn't say anything about it. So I wonder if it'll be filler no matter what they do :catthinks

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  23. BlazingInferno Forum Ninja

Yeah, Toriyama gives them the plots of each major arc (don't think he's responsible for the slice of life episodes wedged between them though) while Toei and Toyotaro come up with their own versions of it, so he's pretty involved. He's also responsible for character designs as well. Super is a continuation from the latest movies which are canon (the anime even retells those movies, poorly). Hopefully the Boruto anime won't rehash the movie as Super did with BoG and RF. And I believe Kishi said he was involved with the anime when this was announced.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  24. Spider-Man ---

It never ends...

26. Indra I can't stop eating

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  27. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Whether they go the DBS route or start out with filler arcs, it's still gonna be a hit. ^_^

28. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  29. Zorp The Fighting Spirit

I didn't expect Boruto to be adapted so quickly. The anime will definitely strike out on its own given the lack of manga material. That might be for the best, actually. No way do I see it doing better than Naruto, though. What is Kishi smoking? :lmao

30. jayjay³² Drug Addict

It actually has nothing to do with lack of manga material. Kishimoto is in regular contact with Pierrot. Pierrot probably has cliff notes for the next 2 or 3 canon Boruto arcs just like Toriyama does for the DBS anime team. Of course Kishimoto wants the anime out soon, it's incredibly profitable.