1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

General Information About Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by competitionbros, Oct 4, 2006.

1. competitionbros So True Naruto, So True

Resident Evil 5 (バイオハザード5, baio hazaado 5?, Bio Hazard 5) is the forthcoming installment in the Resident Evil survival horror series for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and was first announced on July 20, 2005. The official release dates are to be announced. According to Capcom's fiscal year report at Capcom's Investor's Relations page[1], Resident Evil 5 is expected to be released before March 31, 2007 which ends their current fiscal year (2006). The report notes six Xbox 360 Stock Keeping Units (SKUs) (three announced titles, one SKU per territory).

Game information

Taking over producer duties from Hiroyuki Kobayashi is Jun Takeuchi (director of Onimusha, character designer for the original Resident Evil and animator for Resident Evil 2). Several staff members who also worked on the original Resident Evil are involved in development. According to Takeuchi, the game will utilize the same gameplay model introduced in Resident Evil 4, while implementing thematics from the original Resident Evil into the game. The game will be a full-fledged sequel taking place after the events in Resident Evil 4, and is said to be a major turning point in the series' overall storyline.

No official release date has been announced for the game. The game will have online features that have yet to be disclosed.

It is noted that Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 were not shown at E3 2006. Capcom supposedly reasoned that the company doesn't want to unveil the titles until they are available in a playable form. This could mean that it will be sometime before any new information will be released, especially since it was not at the Tokyo Game Show 2006.

Stroyline

No details have been released about the game's storyline other than the fact that it is set after the events of Resident Evil 4 and that it will take place in a desert setting, similar to the film Black Hawk Down.

The main character's identity has not been officially released, but an leak confirmed that Chris Redfield is the protagonist.[2] Play magazine (An independent magazine based in the UK) said they are 99.9% certain it will turn out to be Chris. The only other name the mag, as well as Gamepro Magazine put forward as a possibility was Carlos Oliveira, since the game is reported to take place in a South American country. Billy Coen's name has also been put forward as the rumoured protagonist

It has been rumored that the game is shaping up to be a true sequel to Resident Evil Code: Veronica. Although with the demise of Flagship's Noboru Sugimura, the team itself will be handling the story. Keiji Inafune, who served as promotional producer for Resident Evil 2 is overseeing the project; he served as the executive producer for the PlayStation 2 version of Resident Evil 4 as well

Weapons and gameplay

* Although enemies were faster in Resident Evil 4 than in previous Resident Evil games, the Japanese teaser trailer shows enemies that are now even faster and capable of running at least as quickly as a human, ? la 28 Days Later making them more deadly enemies.

* According to Play magazine, the enemies are shaping up to be a cross between a Ganado and a Zombie. They speak in a unique language to communicate with each other like the Ganados in RE4, but are resistant to gunshots and have a thirst for blood like the zombies in the classic RE games.

* Play has also said that according to the producers the temperature will play a big role, with the player having to find a spot to cool down. The heat will make it harder to shoot due to hallucinations and mirages appearing and the main character being unstable. Additionally, the magazine suggests the presence of more interactive environments that are vital to the player's survival.

Tags:
  2. Seany Banned

Sounds good thanks for posting.

Holy shit though, the new zombies sound pretty scary. I don't want them chasing after me at that speed XD..

3. Astronaut Blaidd Drwg

It better be Chris Redfield or at least Carlos. >_>

4. Snakety69 Ding! Check Please

It's most likely Chris, since he's the only character the character from RE5 resembles at all. Although I really hope they put Billy Coen in future projects.

I really loved that character, and a fact about this series is that once a character gets involved, they usually stick around.

5. Astronaut Blaidd Drwg

..It could very well be Carlos.
    Leon in RE4 got a MAJOR makeover then what he orginally looked like in RE2.
    Considering Billy wasn't actually a major character, and didn't make an appearance in RE1 like Rebecca did [at least, from as far as I can remember], I don't see his character coming back.

6. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Chris Redfield again? I know he's like the kickass legend and all, but I was hoping for what's his face.....the Jill sandwich dude, though Leon will always be my favorite since his appearence in RE2, but hoping for him again, would be greedy anyway.

7. competitionbros So True Naruto, So True

that cooling down thing is gonna make it alot harder, i'd hate to be in an area wit alot of "Zombies" and u start imagining ones there, shoot at it, and tell everyone where u are in the process

8. Akira ;

Although i seriously doubt it will meet its estimated release date of before March 31st 2007, i cannot wait to play this game. It sounds like more awesome ideas from capcom and loads of zombies :D

9. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

RE1 was made before REzero so how could he be in it? O_o

10. competitionbros So True Naruto, So True

i thought Zero was a prequel

11. DMC Banned

It has been confirmed that the model used in the pictures is basically the same model used for Chris in REmake. Unless they change the character and the entire design (which is highly possible since we haven't seen anything for it in like a year) it will be Chris.

Same Nose:
    Spoiler:

12. competitionbros So True Naruto, So True

yea it looks like it'll be Chris, hopefully Claire (best female RE character) makes an appearence

13. Astronaut Blaidd Drwg

Exactly.
    You should read my responses better.

14. MS81 Supreme Jounin

they should have hunter in this one.:cry

15. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

How could he be in resident evil 1 if he wasn't even thought off untill zero?

16. Dejablue Active Member

Heh. Chris needs to shave.

17. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

And he needs some sleep his eyes are so sleep lacking thing

18. Jotun Dyroness

I am going to fucking love this game. I already can see myself getting fucked over by zombies. The hallucination thing is gonna be creepy XD.

<3 28 days later

I love how this is set in Desert~

19. Astronaut Blaidd Drwg

He couldn't have been.
    Hence my answer.

EDIT: 28 Days Later <3
    Because of Godspeed You Black Emperor

20. competitionbros So True Naruto, So True

it'd be terrible if they had the regenrators there, new and improved, faster than ever

21. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

That would be spooky.

And, it would be pretty crazy. Resident Evil having horror fast zombie hunts, Vampire's Rain giving the same cept for vampires.

2007 shall be a year of win for the undead :D

22. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Not a chance. Ada or Jill easily knock the pants off Claire

Then they have a three way orgy

23. competitionbros So True Naruto, So True

lies, lies and slander

24. Astronaut Blaidd Drwg

Ada = hottttt. :nod

25. DMC Banned

Let's Compare

Jill:

Ada:

Clair:

Yeah Ada owns all my bases...

Anyone else notice that Ada Wong's name sounds like "Ate a D/Wong?" yeah it is middle school stuff, but I can't help but think that it was intentional...somehow.

26. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

You could have at least gotten a better picture of Jill than that old thing you have

27. DMC Banned

The way she looks in REmake, I figured that people would yell at me saying things like "Well you didn't get the good pic of her from RE3" Since most people (especially on this site) would perfer the simplified anime version of her from Nemesis. She looks kind of dowey in REmake...anyways here you are.

Side Note: all REmake pics are bad quality too...

28. Astronaut Blaidd Drwg

Rebecca was pretty cute. :amuse

29. DMC Banned

Hot too...

I know what I would have done if I was Chris...

30. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Touch your sister?