1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details.

Dismiss Notice

Genre prefixes in the Theater

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mider T, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

The search function has sucked far longer on NF than it hasn't, and it's a bitch to dig and find older threads in the Theater when they haven't been linked in the directory yet. A way to make threads slightly easier to find, or for people to find movies of their favorite genre, would be to introduce genre prefixes in the section. Obviously some movies fall under different genres but it would help for the clear-cut ones. It would also help discern which movies were the ones users are looking for; for example there is a movie called 9, Nine, and District Nine...I believe all released in the same year. Many threads in the Theater have the release date in the title but it doesn't help in this case. However [Thriller] District Nine, [Animation] 9, [Musical] Nine, would be extremely helpful. I think I have suggestions to get it started
    [Animation]
    [Musical]
    [Thriller]
    [Horror]
    [Comedy]
    [Romance]
    [Drama]
    etc.

Also is there a way using Xenforo to search by prefix? If not it seems silly that we're able to search by tag but not prefix.

Tags:
  2. Catamount Wreak havoc

Flag:
    Uruguay

This is actually a great idea. I do check out the section ftom time for some news and suggestions, and the prefixes would help so much.

3. Majin Lu Dark Magician Girl Super Moderator

Flag:
    Brazil
    I think it is a great idea. If I remember that right, the Spoiler prefix was added a couple of months ago.

I suggest you create a thread there to discuss about them, but before get the okay and work together @Sennin of Hardwork . Also, with regulars' help you will decide the best prefixes.

I also suggest if you plan to have colours for them, discuss about them in the same thread. Current Spoiler prefix is red.

@Platypus I'm tagging you because NL's prefixes work in a different way (at least it looks like that), so if you can reply or tag another admin, please.

4. Platypus Moderator

I had admins add prefix links to the section description.

Alternatively you could use the thread display options at the bottom of the section page (TIL...) or convince @Mbxx to install an add-on that displays all prefixes at the top of each section.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List