1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Think your debating skills are the best around? Want to prove that your know what your talking about? Then come and join us for a Tournament and show your peers how to really debate.
    OBD Tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

"George Bush doesn't care about black people"

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Killa Cam, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Killa Cam

[RAW] Gundam SEED DESTINY: Phase 46 - Song of Truth [Low Quality popgo version]

So what's your view on this?

Tags:
  2. Toby

well, startling evidence...Is this a liable source?

Personally I think he hates all humans to put Bolton into the US`representative in the UN

3. The Space Cowboy

Kayne is ill-informed, and an idiot. Bush was the one who personally called the governor of Louisiana and prompted her to issue the mandatory evacuation order for New Orleans. Had the governor issued the mandatory evac order a day earlier, the city of New Orleans could have used its some 569 buses (New Orleans Regional Transport Authority had 364, New Orleans Public School system had about 205) to evacuate all the poor of New Orleans.
    In other words, blaming the Federal gov't, especially Bush is inconsistent with reality. I ask you, what do you think would have happened if Bush had not appealed for a mandatory evacuation?

4. abfluvver

For those too lazy to click the link, here's the speech:

And then near the end he mutters "George Bush doesn't care about black people", and the look on Mike Myers' face is priceless.

Not commenting on the politics of the situation, since I've already covered that with people on places that aren't NF, and I don't feel like debating.

5. Shikamaru-sama

George Bush hates white poor people aswell though, he just prefers to electrocute black people.

6. Potentialflip

The way in which Killa Cam will understand what I think about this. Kanye West mad yo. He mad. He mad cause he instead of complaining why doesn't he do something about it. He mad cause he does not understand just like other huge natural disaster events the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana was unprepared to deal with this type of disaster. Sure they show people looting. Heck that is what people do. Does that mean black people are bad?! Well the white folks decided not to loot. They focused more on getting food and supplies. You can't blame the white folks for not deciding to loot?! Its sad. Really but that is uncalled for blaming people who is helpless through the current situation. But like I said Kanye just mad. He MAD.

7. Shikamaru-sama

From my Hurricane Katrina Thread

8. Killa Cam

There's no way you can say white people didn't loot. All the media shows is black people looting. I've only seen 2 pictures of white people "finding" items. If I was down there I'd be looting too. I would loot small expensive items, food, and supplies. Fuck looting plasma tvs with no where to put it. I do wonder if the situation would be handled differently if the majority of the people were white.

9. Potentialflip

Yes Shikamaru-sama I know White People loot too. I'm not dumb. I've been through hurricanes I've seen it. Just pointing out something about kanye's comments which I think this is what its on. :)

Sorry if I weren't too detailed with it. I just don't like going into detail with this whole political issue. I mean this is just dumb. It's not easy being a leader of a free nation. Even if your not making a lot of the big decisions. It is hard.

10. Shikamaru-sama

Oh yeah i know you werent saying that, i was more pointing out that there is soemthing definatly wrong with the attitude to black people in this whole disaster :)

11. Tayuya (the banned one)

Lmao, people think of anything to start a debate, eh?

What's with racist people these days...even people who aren't white are racist. It's annoying.

And I don't think that guy had any right to say Bush doesn't care about black people. I don't exactly like Bush, but that guy was just being an ass.

12. Shunsui

Even though this is a ridiculous topic to debate, the underlying topic is not. The federal government hasn't done nearly enough for those in New Orleans. For years the federal government has denied funding to strengthen the levees, and during the disaster it would've been possible to save many more people if the federal govt. issued an order to requisition helicopters from neighboring states to drop sandbags to strengthen the levees. Even now, the federal government is doing far too little. They aren't dropping food for hungry people, they aren't giving supplies to trapped, starving, and sick people, and those whom they are helping include the 20 thousand people that they intend to house in a baseball stadium for two months. TWO MONTHS.

How easy would it be for the government to requisition hotels in the vicinity to house these thousands of homeless? It's not like they're saving money by not paying to help them now - they'll be funding their survival for the next few months at the VERY least.

13. Potentialflip

You can't totally blame the government for not doing more. I'm sure while they new it was going to get hit and hard. No one was thinking this damage was going to happen where the city of New Orleans had to be fully evacuated cause it is not livable. From Friday to Late Saturday the cone was from the western part of Florida to as far as Mississippi. It wasn't until during the day Saturday that the path was possibly/eventually going towards Louisiana. Neighboring states had to hunker down as well and prepare for the Hurricane. This did not only hit Louisiana so don't think this is just a Louisiana thing. Mississippi and parts of Alabama were also affected by that Hurricane. The Levee's surprisingly wasn't going to do any difference. If there was anything that could have been done to help the city is if it were full mandatory evacuation for the city. That was it. There was nothing that was going to prevent the damage. The Levee's would have not been finished by this time even if they didn't cut the funding. The damage is shocking and right now they are just trying to get those people out to safety. Sure they could use nearby hotel's instead of the stadium. But it will be up to the Hotel to do such an action. Government can't force them they could ask them but can't force them.

14. Bender

You people you shoul,ve renamed this topic to Geoge Bush is a complte crackhole fo rnot doing shit to help peopl cause he's afraid to waste a million or more to save Homeless who are suffering like hell. Also that movie was hella funny he's like "Geoge Bush doesn't care about Black people!":mad and the white guys like:blink "Ok...." and they're like please call....:laugh I laughed like hell after that."It's mesed up they won't let them stay at the hotel though.

15. Near

I would of looted the stores, If I was sitting in sewage for 7 days with no sign of real help, if I had kids starving, or are dehydrated. Its not like they can pay for it even if they had money. Its not like there is a person so deicated that they are going to start working at the flooded super market. Ok if they started stealing electrical equipment then that would have been rediculious. They need food and clothes, you think a store full of this stuff or a few stores of stolen good is going to really matter. DO you know how much its going to cost to re establish NO now?

People are like wow look at the black people shooting each other and looting, thats a small percentage, I am sure the majority down there want to just survive. If you put poor white community(yeah like the goverment would let that exist) in the same situation, some junky white man, who hasnt had his herion fix, who finds a gun, you think hes going to use it for good?

At this point its useless aruging, there are still PEOPLE (regardless white or black), down there, and they need to be saved.

16. SSJKrillin

i dont know. i found that pretty funny. you see the expression on mike myers face.

but is it really that hard to believe that bush is racist?

17. Sharingan_18

My thoughts exactly. If that guy has the time to complain, then he should have the time to get off his lazy ass and do something.

18. Jester12

Personally I don't think Bush cares about anyone who isn't a high millionire or billionire! He doesn't care if the poor people are black, white, blue, red or orange!

19. Jedi Mind Tricks

If you refering to Kanye West, what exactly do you want him to do?

Jump into the raw sewege of New Orleans and give a rap concert?

20. GaaraFromTheHood

Gaarafromthehood's wife take on this (she's black, we both live in NYC):
    Bush does NOT care about black people. The media shows him only caring for white ppl that is in Missi. and not on Lousiana. In the pics they show him on a plane crossing to lousiana, but he wasn't there. He only went to the white communities to show support.

Gaarafromthehood - Maybe it's sub-conscious, but it's happening. When the tsunami hit, all the help got around the world in 1 day, but to go from a state to another state, it takes so long. I think that the help has been slow, and that the most affected have been the black people, and that's something that nobody can't deny. They are suffering with nothing to eat, desperate, and you are just letting them stay like that. Looking like savages like if nobody cares about them.
    I think that's a shame on American History

21. cool2not

this is an audio clip of an interview with the major of New Orleans, Ray Nagin. it's a very powerful conversation that may shed some light on what the federal government has and has not done. it's relatively long but it's worth the wait, i was nearly in tears by the end of it.

here

22. tttttt

george bush is just an
    Spoiler: bad words
    ASSHOLE!!!:mad

23. Jester12

24. Shishou

So tired of people trying to use Bush as a scapegoat. Lets blame Bush for the Holocaust too. And for slavery. Hell, lets blame him for every innocent ever killed in the world. Fucking Bush.

Anyways, I'll juss have Foamy say how I feel aboot this whole situation.

here

25. The Mist

Thanks for the link cool2not. I'm posting it to various forums I visit.

26. BushidoPunk

I've come to believe that maybe Bush isn't a people person.

27. Jones

you know what. kanye west is not in any way a person that should be able to give his opinion. i think all celebrities should just keep their mouths shut because they think they know more than us "common folk." if any of you remember way back when the Dixie Chicks dissed Bush or somthin and got really bed press from it. thats why most (not all, some might actually have something inteeligent to say) i think before showing your view on things you should do a little research into it first, not just looking at the news and saying, "OFMG!! I dont agree with him and I have power, lets use it!!!." that should apply to everyone really, except for the power part. plus, if you're opinion is being shaped by a rapper who's ego is the size of the world should really take a good look at your self.

28. GaaraFromTheHood

This was very POWERFUL indeed cool2not. Me and my g/f were very touched and saddened to know that it's like that. I quote you on it on a separate thread so that the most ppl could read it/hear it. Let me know if you ok with it.

29. GaaraFromTheHood

I see where you coming from with this, but I just think Kanye is voicing his opinion because he has the medium's attention to do so, and I think he voices a lot of ppl's opinion of how things have gone down in Katrina's wake. I'm not saying that he's right or wrong, but he's touched by it and he's a black person and he has an opinion on it. He got cameras and he wanted to voice it. I'm sure he's going to help out a lot of money, so we can't just tell them shut up don't say anything when we expect millions of dollars from them(or he's just giving on his own). I think he's entitled to voice it.

30. Chiru

And you would know this how?

Not only directed at Potentialflip:

Anyway, I think if this was a city where the majority of citizens were white, it would have been handled better. How the hell can you say that it isn't the federal government's fault?! It's their god damned job to protect their citizens! How is it that they can drop food and water from helicopters in the middle of nowhere, but they can't do that in New Orleans. Oh wait... They can. It just took them four fucking days to realize it. I have family in New Orleans. I'm worried about my aunts and uncles. This is disgusting! People aren't animals. People shouldn't be stuck out in Louisiana heat, on rooftops and bridges with no food! They knew a hurricane was coming. They had an idea of how much damage it would cause. They have no excuse. People are dying in the street. Dead people are floating around in the water. Its almost Sunday and the storm was when? Last Monday? I have never been so dissapointed in the country in my 14 years of life.

That's my two cents anyway.