1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Gin's shikai, anime and manga.

Discussion in 'Court of Pure Souls' started by FrostXian, Oct 11, 2006.

1. FrostXian

For some reason, Gin's shikai never seemed good enough in the anime. In the manga, I've always imagined it like a gun (since the sound effect was the same as a gun, as depicted in the manda), extremely fast and direct. But in the anime it seems very slow, flashy and bends as it moves..
    I am ranting! :yell

Tags:
  2. Kiyoshi

Slow might be for matrix effect, but the bending adds to the evilness. How many bullets steer mid-air?

3. Razza

In general I think Gin's shikai seems much weaker then many other Shikai's. But you are right. It does seem even WEAKER in the anime then manga.

4. zaeru

In the anime it does appear fairly slow; but it is pretty powerful - it sent Ichigo and Jidanbo flying at least 50 metres in the Soul Society arc.

5. Lazarus

Seeing as its command is "Shoot 'em dead"

Yeah, it should be faster in the anime ><

6. Yak

Problem is, if it was faster and bullet-like, it would loose it's graphic effect, cause no one would really see what's going on. I personally like it the way it is however instead of making the motion of Shinsou shooting faster, they should leave it as it is and make the surrounding scenerey and motion appear in slow-mo. That way you would get a better impression of its speed.

7. Hat Hair

Gin's shikai does seem a bit simple for a Captain, but, then again, you have Komamura's, which really isn't anymore versatile. As to how it could be portrayed, well, in Fate/Stay Night Lancer had an ability that allowed him to harm an opponent before actually causing the damage. Perhaps Gin's shikai could be displayed in a similar light, with the opponent being struck and pushed back before they realize the sword has actually extended like a more extreme version of shunpo. But that might make it a bit too dangerous; something like that, though.

8. buramu

There's always the possibility that Gin's shikai has another power we haven't seen yet. Kubo likes to give bits of info in sporadic helpings, so maybe there's more to come. Gin is a very deceptive person, and obviously very strong and skilled. I doubt he would give away anything more about his abilities than he absolutely has to.

9. ultimadrift

i think gin has another power as buramu said...maybe his power is splitting is sword into different spikes and kills the enemy!?

10. Envy

Force = Mass x Acceleration.. If you can put enough force behind an attack to lift and giant like that and propel them 50 feet, you realize that takes a shitload of aceleration right? Seeing as how that sword isn't very heavy.

11. chauronity

Not' cool enought of ya' fools? [gin-accent]

12. Doc. Q

Also, the shiki extending SEEMS weak, but only becuase thats not the only "sword" it affects.

Gin is big pimpin'

13. Missing_Nin

14. Kayo

It looked pretty weak in the fight against Hitsugaya (anime)

15. Goemon_Musashi

I think that the shikai may have more to it than it seems...

It may be that what was shown was only his shikai's first style, i.e. much like how Rukia and Kaname have multiple attacks for their shikai.

This may be a spoiler, but it's probably not even canonical, seeing how it's from the various video games, but I'll mention it anyways:
    Spoiler:

In the Bleach GC game, Gin extends his sword upwards into the sky until it disappers behind the cloud cover and then several blades descend from the sky, perhaps implying that it has the ability to divide into multiple blades that all have the same ability for extension

On the DS game, a similar move is done only Gin himself is the one to ascend and then the blades come downards all accross the screen

Finally, it may only be that he was holding back: his goal wasn't to kill Ichigo but rather to push him out, so that he would have to break in through a large disturbance that would distract the Gotei 13.

I personnally think that it's better than some of the other shikai, like Renji's and Madarame Ikkaku's which are just an even more simple change of shape.

16. Kazuya Mishima

^ of course that was his goal, it was directly stated by aizen that they needed ichigo and company to distract everyone in the Gotei 13.

anyways, im sure gin's move is something more then it appears. either that or he has another move in shikai. u know like how tousen can make swords rain down and knock people unconcious with his shikai.

17. Kazuya Mishima

srry to double post, but you all are aware that gin can swing his elongated sword around for mass killing. (did you see all the hollows he was taking out in the flash back of him saving renji and co.?) yeah just throwing that out there.

His shikai is fine, its pretty powerful in my opinion.