1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Giving the 4th Hokage more credit (266)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Muk, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Muk Let's play a game, Ophelia

After reading Hishou's trans we all gotta give the 4th a lot more credit then we previously have given him.
    Spoiler: DIE BIETACHES
    As the pretty boy Deidara stated, many many Jinchuriki have a very unstable relationship with their demons. Even Gaara had an unstable relationship with his Demon. Naruto is the only one, i repeat, the ONLY ONE, who did NOT have an unstable realtionship with Kuybi from his childhood on, up until now. This is only due to the 4th 1337 skillz. So the 4th definatly pwns

:spaz :whoo

Tags:
  2. Crisco All Ur Jutsu Are Belong To Us

if naruto was able to maintain a good relationship.. isn't that becasue Naruto pwns? i guess you can give fourth credit for choosing a good host

3. DarkWarrior I was supersaiyanvegeta!

That's nothing to do with the 4th. Thats due to personality.

Deidara said most of them are depressed and violent but Naruto grew up just wanting to be accepted and so strived hard to achieve acceptance. Gaara on the other hand while wanting acceptance was also purposely put in a position to make him unstable by giving him a different bond with Shukaku than the one between Naruto and Kyubi.

So hes off the walls but it was done on purpose. They may not have seen the personality flaws in the future but they wanted him to have a great deal of access to the power of Shukaku.

We assume the other villages who did it wanted pretty much teh same thing. The leafs just wanted rid of the Kyubi as far as we know since it was crushing them, they weren't out to make a weapon or Naruto wouldn't have been abandoned as much as he was.

4. bobo Super Awesome

Naruto had good people with him. Everyone around Naruto like him even though they know his secret.

Deidara said that the other containers were lonely and noone helped them when they were fighting akatsuki.

5. Cholisose Uhh... (cough)

The Leaf is pretty freaking lucky, actually. Not only did they put Kyubbi in an orphan baby, but all the genius peasants decided to see how much they can make Naruto feel like crap. I mean... seriously. Naruto should've been treated as royalty, or something... Something seems out of place. Yondaime could've sealed Kyubbi in a tea pot or something... And the peasants could've treated Naruto better... And if Yondaime did want to make the village a jinchuuriki, doesn't that pretty much imply he wanted Naruto to be a future weapon, just like Gaara was intended to be for the Sand? It'd be his best option, if the other villages had their own jinchuurikis used for warfare.

Anyways, Konoha's really lucky Iruka came to his senses. If it weren't for him, Konoha might have gained a serious problem.

6. Duttyman Momochi Mist and Sand Demon

yeah they gotta thank iruka.. he was the deciding point for naruto.. if he had messed up in that little speech against mizuki konoha would have been done for

7. voltaicbore03 Konnichiwa-desu!

I'd have to agree with the folks who say that the Kyuubi thing worked out mostly because of Naruto, but I also think the sealing technique used may have had something to with the fact that the Kyuubi-Naruto relationship worked out as well as it has so far. The youma within Naruto seems to be much more under control than, say, the Shukaku (which was pretty much eating away at Gaara). Yondaime developed a completely new jutsu to have the Kyuubi's power under tighter control and aid Naruto in times of distress (i.e. whenever Naruto gets PISSED or pushed off a cliff by his sensei). No insomnia, no substances unconsciously controlled by the youma...the only visible side effect seems to be the whisker marks.

8. lwong81 Member

the leaf is a good place to foster the growth and development of naruto and the kyuubi....that or ramen

9. Keido Lost

yea, maybe Ramen made Naruto who he is today xD

10. Rougtan S.N.A.F.U.

Just a thought, but going off how they describe him, he might "made" Naruto to be a future protector of the Village. He obviously knew he was going to die afer the jutsu, so he sealed it in a infant so the infant could grow up and protect the village. To many painkillers for my wisdom teeth are making me too anit-synical, I sware.

11. Galt Corporate America

It's probably mainly because of the environment Naruto grew up in (in addition to the Yondaime's seal, which apparently did a damned good job compared to the one put on Gaara). I mean, think about the other villages' philosophies in comparison to Konoha's. Sand Village: Gaara, nuff said. Mist: Graduation exercise, nuff said. Cloud: Dunno, but started shit with Konoha, trying to kidnap a little kid. Stone: Who knows, but they also started shit with Konoha. Basically, it looks like Leaf Shinobi are the least bloodthirsty and least resigned to the ideal of "the tool known as shinobi". Which would mean, of course, that they were the village that would least look upon Naruto as a weapon. Of course, alot of them still hated his guts, but you can't have everything.

12. TEK Akatsuki

I gotta go with lwong81 and keido. They know what they're talking about. It's all about the ramen.

13. Wrath Mourning

Iruka deserves a fucking statue at least, because without him Akatsuki would probably complete their plan easily.

14. Akukairu Member

how does his sealing the kyuubi into naruto have anything to do with narutos ability to build relationships? if anything i agree with wrath on this one.

and does the 4th really need any more credit?

15. TEK Akatsuki

I agree that Iruka deserves something since he basically saved the village. But I don't think he made Akatsuki's plans tougher to accomplish. I think he kept it easier. If Naruto had continued to run off, he would have unleashed the Kyuubi and attacked the village. It'd be tough for Akatsuki to capture Kyuubi itself. However, if it remains in Naruto, it'd be easier to capture. Naruto, while he can go in Kyuubi mode, can't use all of Kyuubi's chakra since at his age, it'll be too much of a burden for his body to handle. However, if he becomes the kyuubi, all of the chakra becomes available to the demon fox. Since Iruka saved Naruto from his loneliss, Akatsuki just has to beat the jinchuuriki Naruto. All they have to do is get/beat Naruto and do that extracting jutsu they used on Gaara and their task is complete.

16. Muk Let's play a game, Ophelia

Well compareable to Gaara's seal naruto actually had a nice relationship more or less with Kuybi. That ought be the 4th credit. The rest, well, that is narutos doing. But the 4th laid a very solid foundation bwtween Naruto & the Kyubi to grow unlike erm Gaara and the other 2 jinchuuriki. So I think the 4th does deserve a little bit more credit. Lately all the new villans *cough* Akatsuki *cough* are bashing down on a lot of Kages. So here is a little boost of moral and credit towards the Great Kages of the past :)

17. starwarph1 Yondaime

If u want a walpaper of d 4th hokage i've got a wall paper in my sig just click on it.... hi muk I'm the 1 who revived ur thred about sakura

18. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

What did Iruka actually do? Even when he wised up in chapter one that was about ten seconds before Konohamaru and Team Seven.

The fact is by then Naruto was twelve. It he wasn't going all Psycho Gaara on us by then it's unlikely he would about ten seconds after Iruka went "Oh, wait."

19. The Fourth Hokage Shinobi Perfection

isn't it an unstable relationship if the kyuubi is evil and wants to take over? When Naruto goes 4 tails, he even hurts those that are close to him. It may just be me, but I don't call that stable.

20. Splintered Active Member

Remember the first chapters of Naruto, where Naruto was torn and Sandaime was worried? And the flashbacks of both Naruto and Gaara crying with the same pose? It's partly personality but mostly the enviorment.

Gaara was mindfucked as a child, hated and considered a demon, and betrayed by the only person he thought loved him. Naruto was alone, but thanks to the enviorment Sandaime helped install in which the demon was not discussed (and the fact he never used Naruto as a weapon or tried to kill him) and the fact that Iruka reached out to him as a precious person, is why Naruto is the way he is.

You give Yondaime too much credit if you think Naruto is sane just because he sealed him.

21. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

We need to see other Jinchuurikis to prove that.

22. Shadow Slayer Poof no Jutsu

Thou shalt earn a statue!

23. Shisui is dead

Great! Now maybe people will finally stop underrating the Fourth! ;)

24. Crowe inactive - most of the time

I agree!

25. sexualrug breastesses

I think we shouldnt completely dismiss the 4th's seal either. Alot of the fear of gaara for example was probably born from the fact that at such an early age he was showing demoic powers in usage of his sand and so forth. From the way that yondaime seems to have sealed naruto, it seems the seal was meant to have at least some balance with naruto's own chakra/capacity.

26. kulgan18 Mecha freak.

But what is so different in what they did to gaara to naruto?, they did the same thing.
    The only difference i see is the reason, Sunagakure was being weakened by the feudal lord, So they made gaara jinchuriki to become stronger. konoha has always been strong, but for some reason the 4th thought that they would need a jinchuriki in the future.

27. Tyrannos Living a Life

I honestly do not think the Yondaime put captured the Kyuubi for a military purpose like the other nations. I believe he sealed the Kyuubi to save Konoha from being destroyed and saving everyone in it.

Also, the Seal itself appears to be different. The Yondaime's seal on Naruto limits the Kyuubi's influence and lets not forget the Kyuubi was put in there while it was free. Gaara's Shukaku was transfered from the previous host, and Gaara was easily influence by it (bloodlust and murderous intent).

28. Sorrow-Tear's Champion Fair and Biased

Gaara knew he hada demon in him, Naruto didn't. Naruto actually found out by accident. He didn't forge a relationship with the Kyuubi, the Kyuubi saw his offer as a way out of his prison. So the credit should go to the 4th for making a unique seal that kept the Kyuubi from overtaking him, and Iruka for being a stabilizing influence that Naruto from sinking into depression when he found out why he was ignored.

29. gunste1n You feel hate? I only see fear

Its due to the two elephants seal which is placed upon the Shiki Jujin.

30. Shinnou Genkaku It must be true if I say it

People need to hop of Yondi's kunai:p Take that how u want
    Psychologically, its nature vs. nurture ( ur inborn personality vs. ur inborn environment). The environment will allways determine how you act. Naruto was lonely, but that was is. Nobody tried to kill him or directly called him a demon so he never knew why he was treated badly. Gaara was pointed at and called a damn demon, Never make the mistake of comparing Naruto's struggle with Gaara's. Only a asshole would do that. Naruto has heart, ill give him that, but his struggle was NOTHING compared to Gaara's