1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

GL's pitch for episodes 7-9

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by Fusion, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Fusion Well Known-Member

Maybe because I'm not exactly a fan of the franchise, but this at least sounds fun anf better than the rehash garbage Disney has churned out.

Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

> literally a trilogy about midichlorian shit

Disney gods saved us from the Lucas satan :heckk :blessed

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Fang Titan

Sounds better than anything Jar-Jar Abrams and Rian Johnson or Chuck the Cuck Wendig would do.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

The Whills were originally defined as a group of higher order beings who chronicled the history of the Star Wars galaxy. How he was going to tie them into this "microbiotic" world and define them as the ones who control the universe and "feed off the Force"...

Well, midichlorians weren't regarded well by those who watched the Prequel Trilogy, to say the least.

5. Ghost_of_Gashir Mider T's mom's a hoe

Russia, Colombia
    Lucas rules, Kennedy drools.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Disney Satan took over from Lucas Satan.

Lucas sucks, the only reason i like him because he let others do awesome stuff in his fracnhise.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  7. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

Say what you will about Lucas, the man has some creative ideas.

I would say he is like Akira Toriyama. He just needs other people to reign him in.

8. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Execution.

Anyone can pitch a good story or suggest one from the history books.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Ghost_of_Gashir Mider T's mom's a hoe

Russia, Colombia
    Recent trends suggest otherwise.

10. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Blame the investors.

11. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

I don't mind a lot of Lucas's ideas. Even the midichlorians (probably not spelling that right) don't bother me like it bothers everyone else. He's just too much in love with the green-screen and isn't very good when it comes to directing his actors.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  12. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Did the prquels have truly impressive sequences when the actors were not talking besides the Darth Maul fight?

13. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

"Revenge of the Sith" had its moments. Also, I made a typo. Meant to say "Green Screen", not "Screen Screen".

14. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

midichlorians are the absolute worst shit in SW

a full movie trilogy about them would have been the worst trilogy of all time

15. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

It'd be more accurate to say it was a necessary gamble that did not pay off in the eyes of the fans.

I'll refer to Part 2 of "The Hermit's Journey" at the 11:20 mark:

A ubiquitous Force generated by all life, yet how do you explain why such a small, small fraction of a galactic population of 100 quadrillion are Force-Sensitive, with most of that fraction being Jedi (the ratio is 10 trillion to one)? How do you have Anakin be an exception to the rules of the Jedi Order despite being "too old", and how do you have them convinced to allow Anakin to be trained despite it being against their wishes?

You need more than a "he's strong with the Force" to make an entire council of Jedi Masters change their minds. As contentious as the midi-chlorians are, their conception was out of necessity: Anakin's unnaturally high midi-chlorian count was the physical evidence needed to push the Council to allow Anakin to be trained, despite their misgivings; the indicator that Anakin was the Chosen One of prophecy.

But while all the above may be the case, fans hated it because the midi-chlorians "de-mystified" the Force, devalued its spiritual nature, and made it more "scientific".

At the end of the day, however, it is not something that intrinsically changes the Force itself; they are just the physical conduit for a spiritual force.

“Back in the day, I used to say ultimately what this means is we were just cars, vehicles for the Whills to travel around in….We’re vessels for them. And the conduit is the midichlorians. The midichlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force… All the way back to—with the Force and the Jedi and everything—the whole concept of how things happen was laid out completely from [the beginning] to the end. But I never got to finish. I never got to tell people about it.”

But this would have directly affected the nature of the Force itself. The Force was defined as a energy field created by life; a spiritual, fundamental force of the Star Wars universe that permeates and surrounds everything - matter, space-time, life.

Lucas' vision would have drastically reshaped what the Force, given he suggests the Whills are the Force (in a general sense). Perhaps his idea for the Sequel Trilogy villain was a Dark Side user who found a way to corrupt the Whills, tainting the Force to darkness forever, but we don't know.

16. Fang Titan

17. Malos Member

Seems to me that George's trilogy would have been more cosmic and spiritual and delved into the lore of the Force. And no dead Luke more importantly.

18. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

Luke most certainly would've died. Because as Lucas says, "It's like poetry, it rhymes" and everyone- even before anyone knew a thing about "The Force Awakens", knew Luke would be the new Obi Wan.

Now granted, I don't think he would've died in the 2nd movie of the trilogy. A large part of me wonders if this trilogy ended with Luke staring into the sunset as he faded away, if fans would've been warmer to the idea. I still think it was a masterful way to end the character, but maybe they should've held back until Episode 9.

No disrespect to Carrie Fisher or anything, but the idea of her being the last of the old guard helping to carry the story is a lot less exciting than Han or Luke. Now, without her, they don't even have that...although we all know Luke is going to appear as a force ghost. I also suspect Harrison Ford will cameo in some capacity, maybe a dream sequence or a hallucination by Kylo Ren. Disney will have to come up with something after suffering a box office disappointment and an outright flop.

But either way, Luke's days would've been numbered.