1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Please, vote for the next Naruto Battledome banner in this thread.
  4. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Golden Byakugan Really DOES Exist! (Manga Proves It)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Aeiou, Sep 4, 2011.

Is this evidence enough to prove that the Byakugan is still significant?

1. Yes, Kishi foreshadows a lot through images

52 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. No, you're just spewing more bullshit

33 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. I want to believe but I'm not convinced

60 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. If I had a nickel for everytime I saw a thread like this...

29 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Necessary Evil Disciple of Thunder

Nice thread, good read, also nice observation skills.

Generally though I highlly doubt that Kishimoto will give further gravity to develop the Hyūgas; judging from the fast pace of the manga always, although I would personally love to.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. sabakunay Tobis follower

Very nice thread, this will have to mean something. It is known that kishimoto leaves hints in his covers and in some panels.

3. PainHyuuga True Genius

i noticed RS holding amaterasu just like EMS sasukes Susano

4. Kiss SS: It's canon bitch

5. J★J♥ Vento Aureo

Anyway reps..

6. Gabe Murim Grand Master

still dreaming about the hyuuga being useful or important

7. Nidaime Mizukage King of Atlantis

was hoping I'd come into this thread and see people speculating what the GB's technique would be... so, i'll be the first:

Golden Byakkugan Abilities:

- Full 360 vision, no blind spot.
    - Chakra Levels rise instantly to 6 Gate levels
    - Gentle Fist & Eight Trigrams able to permanently close/seal chakra points

Cons:
    - Golden Byakkugan must be activated through hand seals.
    - Those with the Hyugga Curse Seal cannot activate it.

8. BXisAWOL S-Rank Fodder Nin

9. alchemy1234 Active Member

I'm surprised that a new member like yourself knows about ando and his theories. I've been lurking here since 2005, so i know all about it.

10. AwesomeSmile GET TO THE CHOPPA!

I really hope the Byakugan does get some repect, but I don't see it happening

11. SaVaGe609 Only Sai Fan

It really depends on if Hizashi was released during Gedo Mazo's rampage or not.

12. Namikaze Naruto Sennin

I think it is plausible enough for that to happen, since Kishi has introduced three doujutsu as far as I remember, it won't make any sense if he just leave Hyuuga's behind, considering that we are still seeing Hyuuga's people on this manga on constant basis - I rather say that we are seeing more and more Hyuugas as the manga develop, eventough they are yet to show us their worth as Konoha's noble clan.

We'll see, everything can still happens.

13. Seraphiel Eastern European Sex Genocide

golden white eye? Never go full retard bro.

14. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

But you'd be surprised as to how Kishimoto works, he can make the most innocent of pages/panels become the most significant part of an arc/chapter, he's done this many times before.

A perfect example is how Kishimoto portrayed Itachi to be an evil and heartless killer, in th eeyes of Sasuke through this panel; (bottom right)

But then, look here, how Kishi twists our perceptions of people in such an easy and swift manner, the truth behind that picture;

Call it a recon, the fact of the matter is, Kishimoto is a master of deceiving his viewers, or deliberately giving us the wrong impression of things :LOS

True, but remember, before Konoha's beginnings, the world was just a place of clans. Konoha's dirt and soil could have well been Hyuuga's settlement way before Madara/Hashirama came to an agreement. You must leave your mind open to possibilities :kaga

Yes, as nice as this theory is, I'm afraid I see no time and effort to which this speculation could be included into the manga.. Everything has been rush-rush since this war :tomasulk

I'll consider that a compliment, thank you :hurr

15. Crimson Flam3s Rampage Sage

I think byakugan and sharingan both descended from the sage's son and thus thats why they are said to be related. maybe people in narutoverse have the misconception that sharingan comes from byakugan. Also now that I think about it...why does it have to be "golden" byakugan? IMO if the byakugan is shown to have a special stage or something it will be a black byakugan:zaru

I think it would be black or even a yin yang designor power etc because of the evidence:

most likely black byakugan.. if not then an upgrade or something:datass

16. wibisana still newbie

I think those ying yang not really hyuga symbol just represent ying and yang of Hinata and Neji

17. Angevelinka A curious seeker

Black byakugan would be awesome - both for looking even more freaky than eye veins (alien-like? Eye-holes?) and... well, glinting golden eyes would have to have something necessary changed in the white to look different and it's hard to differentiate within black-white manga where Gold Dust of 4th Kazekage was just as colorless and white as usual sand.

Anyway... I want to believe that and I give you a thumb up for a good catch - I never noticed that even if I never lost hope in that Hyuuga will matter again SOMETIME... but I'm not convinced. Not because it's not a good theory, but because:
    a) Naruto is here
    b) Sasuke will join in very soon
    a+b= stealing 99% of paneltime
    stealing of paneltime = pace resolving only around rasen-sharingans.
    ...which means: no panels for anyone else, including Hyuugas.

Of course, it would be cool to see Neji gain the new upgrade and go against Sasuke all of sudden as a match of spawn DNA mix vs true heritage of Konoha (not that Hinata wouldn't be cool but... she is a woman in Kishimoto's manga), but Neji is weak. We don't know much of his true great power pushed to his limits (472 trigrams? Kaiten ranging 10 kilometers? Chakra push of strength of 10 t?) but we know that Sasuke is a beast fed of author's spoon and that promises Neji being kicked in the face in three panels only to die.

And to prove that Byakugan as a doujutsu is of similar power range Neji or any other Hyuuga would really have to go greater lengths than killing Zetsus and by that I mean soloing or at least heavily injuring a persona like Kabuto, Itachi or all kages at once because sharingan and rinnegan users can do it.

Which is pretty unfair seeing how forgotten and undeveloped Hyuuga is to be demanded to jump that high out of sudden.

18. Hexa probably Dendi Advisor

I'm sort of a fan of the idea that the Juubi's eye is a mix of the sharingan, byakugan, and rinnegan together. But obviously there's nothing visual to indicate that, unlike the sharingan and rinnegan.

Otherwise, the yin/yang on the eye could be because the panel was talking about yin/yang manipulation. The yin/yang symbol is not exactly something exclusive to the Hyuuga clan. It's not even the Hyuuga clan symbol. On the other hand, the Hyuuga clan symbol does sort of resemble the "ball" in the hand of Sasuke's Susano'o, so maybe there's some connection there.

19. αce Puahah.

I'm still leaning towards the Rikudou being a hyuuga, although it would royally fuck up Kishi's origins of the Hyuuga themselves.

That, or the hyuuga are the Uzumaki of the Uchiha. Distant relatives with a dumbed down bloodline.

Also the ying yang is probably just a representation of the ying yang chakra themse Kishi has been pushing. The entire idea of Rikudou was his mastery of said abilities and how he used them with Izanagi. I think people are looking too far into this.

20. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

That actually makes a lot of sense and fits in with this perfectly. Normal Byakugan is white/grey, while the "advanced" form would be the other colour of their clan's symbol; black. Not too bad an idea :datass

And with that, +reps back to you, good comrade :LOS

You've basically summed up all the major realities of this theory thoroughly and pretty well, I might add. It's hard for this speculation to become true reality due to Sasuke/Naruto stealing all screentime, and the Hyuuga filling in such a gap of strength due to their inactive timeline.

But hey, let's not lost hope. Shisui wtfpwned the storyline with all his random powerups, who's to say it can't happen to the Hyuuga? Or maybe a flashback/ little story about a so-called legendary Hyuuga from the past might come into play :LOS

21. Santeira The stranger on the bus

I think Hyuuga is even an older clan than Uchiha and Uzumaki/Senju, may be the oldest clan in the Narutoverse. That is why it was said to be the Konoha's oldest and greatest bloodline.

I'm pretty sure most people would think that it is bullshit that it is the greatest bloodline, but when we speak from the fact that Sharingan has a certain darkness to it and the history of how the Uchiha was wiped out from the village, it would be logical for Konoha to acknowledge it as its greatest bloodline.

When you think of it like this (Hyuuga being the oldest clan in the Ninja world) it is never impossible that the Hyuuga bloodline is somehow tied to the evolution of Sharingan and Rinnegan.

Kishi may go this route (as suggested by the OP), if only to tie some loose ends about things implied earlier in the manga.

22. shikaku77 New Member

23. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

Yes, I've realized that before making this thread, but you guys have to keep your minds open for ideas/possibilities. I've stated earlier in this thread how Kishimoto can make misleading panels/pages into greatly significant chapters. We have to accept all ideas of all kinds when it comes to speculating such things, that's precisely why I decided to include that page.

I found it intriguing how it was showing the Juubi's eye (sharingan tomoe and rinnegan rings were present), but with an additional design for the pupil. If Kishimoto wanted to signify yin-yang he simply could have made it a background, but to put it specifically on something as big as Juubi's Eye, and to place it directly in the pupil... It was too peculiar to just ignore :hurr

24. Angevelinka A curious seeker

The problem is, Shisui comes from Uchiha and always had the mystery air around him from the very beginning, starting from his supposed suicide to his powers till now and that's why author can fill into it whatever he wants later; also, the fact that he favors Uchiha we can expect Shisui and anyone who belongs to Uchiha clan still getting more words getting said to the microphone.

As much as I love Hyuuga and their intrigues, their story is finished and resolved already - animosity between branches faded away, Neji and Hinata train together, Hanabi won 't get plot importance because she has womb and Neji accepted his fate and went into a change from cold asshole into a calm goody. It all could be reverted and displayed back if the author would ever want to contradict his 'destiny' and 'phropecy' stuff he messed up with around the fight with Neji, but once again, Kishimoto makes it look like if he doesn't even remember about it (the same goes to Hyuuga being part of Konoha's past milestones). He only teased us a bit about Neji becoming 'bad' and gave Hiashi and Hizashi a few minutes of hand-slapping. It would be all tolerable if Naruto and Sasuke didn't uncover their shields right now, dooming Kimimaro, Dan and whole Hyuuga storyline into fillers (that, as we all know, Studio Pierrot doesn't do very marvelously).

So... I'm all with kurogan and at least one rookie becoming on par with other two grand doujutsu storylines but... unless Kishi surprises us in good way, I'm skeptic.

25. Santeira The stranger on the bus

^ I agree that the Hyuuga story is resolved. But to relate Byakugan to Sharingan/Rinnegan still wouldn't require the involvement of any of the existing or known Hyuuga members.

Kishi may as well explain it using some diagrams while Madara or whoever is explaining things.

26. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

True, very true. There was a lot of shadiness left around Shisui that allowed for Kishimoto to fill in the gaps, but if I've learned something these last few moments its that the Hyuuga clan is probably the most overlooked in the manga.

Remember this guy? :LOS

The whereabouts of his Byakugan is unknown. The only information we have about it is that he's won it after fighting a Hyuuga, this Hyuuga has still yet to be named, which, like the Shisui incident, allows Kishimoto for open ideas surrounding this shady character. The history of the Hyuuga may have been resolved, but this little black dot on the white blanket allows for a glimpse of light to be shed in their "completed" story :hurr

Also take into realization that it is not the Hyuuga we must be concerned about, it is the Byakugan, which is light years away from being resolved (it is, in fact, one of the most unresolved matters of this manga). So yes, there's still room for speculation when it comes to this, we just have to look underneath the underneath :kaga

27. Good Boy Turned Bad Member

YES, I believe this exist. There was another Thread called Mangekyo Rinnegan. Someome said is this a joke? The Ultimate Doujutsu a three in one thing. But I always thought that was true.

Whether you call it Golden Byakugan or Mangeko Rinnegan. I think that EYE on the moon is the PURE doujutsu of the SAGE.

The first thing I would like to contribute how this EYE lost its power. The Sage's elder son is the first to have the Rinnegan not the Golden Byakugan or the ManRin. Why? For the simple fact he did not have the body to power the eye. The moment the Sage gave his Elder son the EYE(yin) an his Younger son the BODY(yang) the EYE lost its power. Its the same principal as when Itachi told Kakashi "Even though you have the sharingan and you use it well. You do not have the BODY to use it to its full potential" something like that. I think thats why the elder sons eye looks different than the Sage's eye.

I think thats how the Rinnegan evolved(or de-evolved) into the Byakugan. As the Elder son's PURE yin is thinned or watered down the Rinnegan lost its power becoming a shell of its former form. I always thought the Byakugan looked like the Rinnegan without the pupil and rings. Thats why the Hyuuga have to strain to activate it. And the Sharingan came from the Byakugan, the eye gaining some of its former lost power.

I think the pupil thing is interesting. I never thought of the Byakugan having a pupil, I always thought the Byakugan would be the base of the EYE, the Rinnegan would be the pupil part with the rings, an when the Sage power-ups the EYE or activates it the rings get the Tomoes on them to represent the Sharingan. The perfect example of this is when the Sage fights the Juubi. From the story Madara told from reading the tablet. The Juubi is attacking an the Sage stops it and seals it in his body. This tells me(an I'm speculating), that the Sage had ONE encounter with the Juubi, so he fought it(probably to get it away from people)then he suppresses it(like Hashirama does to bijuu) & controlled it(like Madara does to the Kyuubi(I see no reason why he can't do this to other bijuu)he basically using boh his Body(yang) and Eyes(yin) together) while he seals it in his body. It shows the Sage in front of the Juubi, the Juubi is siting there calmly with the EYE that was on the moon(showing the Sage's control over it) while it looks like the Sage is doing a ritual(chapter 467 Declaration of War page 13 panel 1).

Its powers would be a combination of the three eyes(Byakugan, Sharingan, Rinnegan) These powers are
    1. It gives the Sage X-ray vision(he can see the chakra points), and 359 degrees of vision.
    2. It gives the Sage access to the 6 elemental chakra types.
    3. It gives the Sage the ability to predict movement and jutsu by looking at his target.
    I did not put the abilities of the 6 paths of the Rinnegan or the 3 techniques of the EMS because these are techniques not really powers plus the Sage has a better technique, also I didn't add that the Sharingan has the power to power-up either as part of the ultimate eye it doesn't need to get stronger. And his range of 359 degrees would be shorter than the Hyuuga's Byakugan as this is the only ability the Hyuugas had to train and develop. The Technique the sage has(I don't know the proper name) but its "The Creation Of All Jutsu"(I will have use another post to explain how this EYE would utilize this technique).

The last thing may be a bit off topic but Madara said something interesting. In Chapter 510 A Shocking Forbidden Techinque page 12 panel 4 Madara said "Two Of The Six Paths Are Now One Being" showing Madara & Hashirama. Who are the other four paths? Are the four other paths people or just parts of people? He wasn't talking about the techniques of the 6 paths but the paths being people, a Hyuuga could be one of these paths. It may be a bad translation I read but its some info that could prove vital.

28. PrazzyP HxH is life

out of all the golden byakugan threads, this seems the most likely :hmm

good job! +reps

29. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

The point OP is this is en excellent theory an +1 reps for that.

However I think if such a thing existed it would be seen by now, I mean how is it awakened? It is certaintly not through trauma like Uchihas because we have seen Hyuugas pass through horrible things and it is certaintly not through positive like love because Hinata would have it, unless what is required is the sheer feeling rather than situations that are lovely.

So how is it attained? My only guess would be either Bijuu chakra or inserting it in an Uzumaki or Senju body. Even if it is true, and I am no hater, dont expect great things EMS is apparently just a very powered up MS not superior to the Rinnegan, so dont expect GB be a kickass raper doujutsu unless it is a higher equivalent of the Rinnegan, like Rinnegan being a sharingan or Uchiha power inside a Senju/Uzumaki body perhaps GB is a Byakugan or Hyuuga power inside a Senju/Uzumaki body being more advanced than the Rinnegan because it is closer to the Sage than the Uchiha.

Not this shit again, what part of IT IS A MINSTRANSLATION people dont understand?

You cant use it as a proof or even hint because the authour never stated or hinted such thing, this was a thing asspulled from the translators.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
  30. lockzero New Member

I have to say that while this is a well thought out and interesting idea I really don't think there is a high probability that this can occur. First reason is that I have a hard time seeing them introduce and extension of byakugan's abilities at such a late point in the manga. Honestly I was really surprised when hinata did that ghost dragon hand technique thingy against pain because I thought they had reached the ceiling in what a hyuga could do. Second, nothing has ever, ever been mentioned about someone within the clan unlocking such an ability. Third, and this is the more speculative reason, I hate to say that as far as I can tell Kishi doesn't have the foresight to do something so in depth. I don't think any of those reasons in and of themselves are enough to discount your theory but when you add them up, well...