1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Golf is...Fun?

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Midus, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Midus Member

I signed up for the golf and bowling course at my High School. Wanted a easy gym class to finish out my Senior year. Wasn't really looking forward to golf as much as bowling, but we went out and drove a bit and I have to admit that it was fun. And I was one of those guys who always bashed golf and never got how people enjoyed it. I thought it was a "Sport" for old white guys...><

Basically saying that if you get a chance, you should at least go and play on the driving range.

Anyone else feel the same?

Tags:
  2. Yukimura k.fmgdf,m, impossible

Fun, compared to running.

3. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

I love to golf...but those guys who just bring a driver to the driving range and smash balls as hard as they can without knowing how to swing a club properly really make me laugh. They just look like idiots to experienced golfers XD the real fun for me is playing on a course because that requires a lot of skill to make good approach shots and putts. The initial drive in my opinion is the easiest part.

o and i'm moving this to the sports section

4. Ha-ri Dai Gurren Brigade member

Me and my firend suck at golf/mini golf, but we still play just for the fun of it. Yeah sure we don't follow many rules but it can still be fun.

5. Chopstickx Member

hmm i like to play mini-golf with friends/family. i always have fun :] i've never tried real golfing though...yet

i think golfs a sport for someone whos patient though. cuz uhh, yea :oh lol

6. NashNinja Your standard issue ninja

I try and get insome golf every now and then, but I don't have much in the way of experience, or even as much as the opportunity to go out and play, so I'm horribly inconsistent with my shots. My 260 yard drive can compensate for that pretty nicely, though. So far, My chipping and pitching is actually rather good, but my long game is pure garbage in comparison, and my putting is only so-so.

Those who think golf requires excessive amounts of patience have never tried speed golf. 18 holes in an hour or two? Talk about a workout!

7. Meijin Smile

Golf is indeed something fun to do. People think "Oh, you just stand their with an iron smacking a ball" but it's more than that. The more challenges there are, the funner it gets. I just wish I could go out and have a game of it :sad

8. gunk BAM!

Eh... it depends on whether you know what you're doing and the people you're playing with. If I'm hitting well then it's fun, but then again I've never felt so frustrated than when I'm not hitting right, and all I want to do is yell and chuck that driver into the pond.

9. Feathers! Jiraiya

I dont know about that... dont get me wrong i think both are fun... i just never played any serious golf, but was on the track team. Can you really name a sport that is enjoyed by many people and cannot be fun to play.

I cant afford to golf now although there are some greens in the area, id like to try it sometime.

10. waisuke Dark Hikari

I've had mini golf lessons but not with the real hard golf balls. We used the proper gold club though. I think golf is particularly fun, even though I'm not too great myself It's still something good to do.

11. superman_1 Well-Known Member

i suck at golf and played only twice and dont know any rules and stuff....still i like it.... its fun.....

12. ageofdarkness Shadow Master

To me, golf is fun.

Miniature golf is REALLY Fun.

In the area where I live, golf is becoming the next big thing for teens. :amuse

13. EDhg Woman Kazekage..

I took so many lessons and sessions for golf and you only improve when you keep at it everyday, but I just play when I have the time :laugh .. But yeeah when you hit it right it's a very fun sport.

14. waisuke Dark Hikari

I've probably only hit the ball at least 5 times.. haha.. It's very hard to get use to though.

15. KageMane Eiqmcsqrd

Golf is fun if u know how to play. When u are startin, and u hardly ever send the ball where u want to it gets really frustratin... Once u have achived a minimum level and u start improving, it gets really interestin!

16. waisuke Dark Hikari

Yeah, I haven't played it for awhile. I used to have mini golf lessons but I wasn't able to continue.

17. xeno Emmissary of Dance

I really enjoy it. Unfortunately though, I shoot on the front 9 what most shoot in 18 holes. I'm pretty good with my irons, it's my T-box shot that sucks; I can't hit my driver well for shit. I've had people tell me I'm swinging it too hard, and causing the shaft to bow (It's a graphite shaft), and that I should ease it a bit and let the club do the work. That didn't work, so I thought maybe it's the driver. But I'm pretty sure it has to do with my grip/stance, something must be off. But I'm kinda iffy on this too, if my stance or grip was off, then my irons should be off too. O' well, I guess it's one of those practice, practice, practice, things.

18. Baka-san on a Forums Break

Eh, it's fun to just hit some balls but not actually play.

19. waisuke Dark Hikari

I'm terrible with aiming. All I do is try to hit the ball and it moves about an inch or so. >__< It's mainly fun when you actually hit the ball =)

20. TOZZ-kun genin

Well i like it although i've only played it once.

21. Kayo ?

22. waisuke Dark Hikari

Yay for golf!! ^__^

23. i_be_ninja_zabusa Yo is what yo is

golf is not fun sorry its slow and boring

24. Pakkun93 Eternal

Golf is fun, but to me it's not a sport, just something to do time to time =)

25. Summoner サマーナル

Golf is too difficult for me

26. Dirk Diggler 2 Die 4

Golf can be annoying. It?s a bit like snooker, no matter how good you get if you have a bad day it really is BAD.

27. Sisu Member

Golf is cool :p Gentlemans game.
    Would really like to play if I had the time

28. Jink Kid :thumbs

watching something on TV and doing it in real life are two different things fatty

29. Pakkun93 Eternal

yeah i agree, golf is fun to play but it sucks to watch it...two very different feelings

30. firelord5000 Raistlin Majere

Only time ive had fun golfing was when me and couple buds snuck in like a case of miller, then it was enjoyable.