1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention contest participants:

Voting will officially be done by polls in GOTW, POTW, and Anime Art Battle. However, poll options are limited, so sometimes they will be split between 2 polls. Don't forget to vote in both!

Thank you, loves.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  5. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  7. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

GotW 54 -- 1st Choice Votes

Discussion in 'Graphic of the Week' started by Azeruth, Apr 14, 2019 at 5:14 PM.

Tags:

Best choice?

Poll closed Tuesday at 6:16 PM.
  1. 01

5.9%
  2. 02

11.8%
  3. 03

29.4%
  4. 04

11.8%
  5. 05

41.2%
  6. 06

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 07

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Azeruth Moderator

GotW 54
    1st Choice Vote

This week's theme was Game of Thrones Signatures.

View entries here:

Please vote for your first choice in this poll. Your vote will have a weight of 2.
    And vote for your second choice in the 2nd choice votes poll. Your vote there will have a weight of 1.

Note:
    • You cannot vote for yourself
    • You cannot vote the same entry for both polls
    • Please post comments and constructive criticism in this thread

Tags:
  2. Kobe █▄█▄█ █ █▀█

- The overall colour scheme and the brushes that were used in (5) makes it stand out.
    - (2) has the best overall GoT feel.

3. Six Samurai Some Days, Some Nights

4. Mysticreader Well-Known Member

Entry 1 - Like how the different images geld together as one. Visually appealing!

Entry 2 - This one has hype/tension for the upcoming battle. The additional stormy setting just ups it. Very nice.

Entry 3 - Good entry. Love the animation and the parchment feel of it seems right :gglife

Entry 4 - Colourful entry! There is an almost cloudy feel to this one and with those generous usage of light sparkles/bright spots, almost a cosmic vibe. The GOT font is also nice.

Entry 5 - Like how the colours and background doesn't overwhelm the main stocks and brings focus to them. Very polished/crisp! The different fonts used was also a nice touch.

Entry 6 - Like the thought and usage of Westeros for the background. The GOT banner above was nice and the 3 houses were just enough to spice up the sig. Good job!

Entry 7 - The most comprehensive sig/entry :hehee. Like the animated clips but the timing itself was just nice to enjoy it through.

Good entries and all the best to all the contestants! Entry 3 for my top pick and Entry 2 for my 2nd choice!

5. Marie Mono no aware

All are good in their way, but I love #3 for it's neat graphic work (even if the gif used itself is meh).

6. James Bond I've eaten haggis, AMA

All entries have their own style which is great to see but entry 5 stands out for me with it's really well made abstract background design and great use of colours to blend the renders into it.

7. Undead

For my first choice, I'm torn between #5 and #4. But I'm going to lean towards #4 as my first pick. Beautiful colors, Dany stands out beautifully. Love the array of colors. I've seen the original stock for that, and I can tell you put in some good effort here. Great work.

Second choice goes to #5. Only reason #4 topped it was because I wish this stuck with one theme. You've got the Stark branch sigil, and then you have her quote a line from her days spent in Bravos and with the Faceless man. Would have been a nice touch to throw in Jaaqhen, or if you had gone the other direction, did something more centric with Arya's house. Other than that, everything else is great. Nice blend of colors, and the background is gorgeous. Love the Arya stock. I'd love to see the original stock if you could PM me it.

8. Nataly Богиња

The stocks can always be found if you click on the image under the entry:

And the artist of the fifth entry used this for the stock

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Undead

10. Azeruth Moderator

My first choice vote went to Entry 05. To me it stands out the most from the rest of the entries since it doesn't use official art, instead opting for really nice fan art of Arya. I like the choice of a purple background and I think it goes well with the effects on Arya, along with the red in combination. I like that the Stark icon is visible but not overbearing. It's present enough to notice but doesn't draw me away from the focus. All around really well done and my favorite entry overall~

My second choice vote went to Entry 03. A nice looking animated signature with some pretty overlay effects. The focus is on Daenerys and overall feels simple and nice. Sometimes simple and nice is what I like to see~