1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Greatest martial artist of all time

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome' started by Morton Belgram, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:18 PM.

1. Morton Belgram Member

Who do you consider to be the greatest martial artist of all time?

In a pure street fight, one on one, with no rules, my obvious choice would be Jon Jones. He got insane reach, is very fast, is both a great striker and a great wrestler, and can do insane submissions both standing and on the ground. Besides that, he is also brilliant at going after the opponent's eyes. He has also defeated great fighters like Daniel Cormier, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans to prove his skills.

I can't imagine any human on earth beating him while he is at his best.
    We are not talking fictional characters here.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 4:13 AM
    Tags:
  2. Onomatopoeia In a word: Brilliant

Batman. Definitely Batman. Also, I do believe that this is the wrong forum. Might wanna try the Outskirts Battledome.

3. Morton Belgram Member

BTW, only real martial artists, not fictional ones.

4. Kurou Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Ningen x 1
    • List
  5. kluang The Cavalry's Here

Of all time? For real? There are thousands of martial artists through out history. Bodhidharma, the man who established the Shaolin martial arts, the birth place of Shaolin Kung-fu , the art that becomes the blue print of all eastern martial arts from Wing Chun to karate. Is Jon Jones better than him?

6. Lord Valgaav My fries

Anyone else is nothing by comparison.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

In the world of fiction I give it to Yujiro Hanma.

Kazushi Sakuraba in his prime. The guy was able to defeat light heavyweights like Quinton Rampage Jackson. He destroyed the myth that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu wins every time by defeating 4 Gracies. He reinvented MMA itself by cartwheeling over the guard, baseball slide tackling into the guard, mongolian chopping. This man had the balls to fight heavyweights like Mirko Crocop, it was dumb though, since it got his ocular bone broken.

9. ChaosTheory123 Bored with This

Probably some unknown schmuck who's name is lost to history *shrugs*

If you're talking known quantities, I have no fucking clue

10. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

OP is not a fag. OP is right. I like you OP.

11. Morton Belgram Member

Yes, of course Jon Jones is better. Size matters in a fight. Jon Jones is extremely big compared to how Bodhirdharma must have been, and he constantly fights great proven opponents, compared to the ones Bodhirdharma must have fought. Kungfu is generally not very effective. You saw how it went down for sifu Asbel Cancio, sifu Steve Faulkner, Shawn Obasi and generally every Wing Chun fighter who has ever dared to fight opponents of different styles. There is a reason why professional fighters mainly fight in a mix of boxing, muay thai, wrestling and BJJ, those 4 make up a perfect mix. Then a few fighters, like Georges St. Pierre with Kyokushin and Anderson Silva with Taekwondo, have mixed up their styles further.

There is pretty much no doubt that the best martial artist in history has existed within the realm of MMA. No fighters in history has ever honed and tested their skills like them.

12. Morton Belgram Member

I love Kazushi Sakuraba, brave entertaining fighter and without doubt the greatest fighter ever from Japan. But he doesn't posses the technical perfection of guys like Georges St. Pierre and Jon Jones.

13. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Probably some bodyguard for the secret service or the russian mob.

Jones is the strongest martial artist we actually know about, but GSP and Silva would rank higher p4p

14. Morton Belgram Member

Georges St. Pierre is who I consider the P4P best fighter of all time. He got wins against guys like Matt Hughes, he avenged both of his only two losses in rematches and he was technically perfect.

Jon Jones is who I consider the P4P number 2 of all time. He got better wins than Anderson Silva, actually. He has defeated lots of great opponents, such as Daniel Cormier, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans.

Anderson Silva is one of the best of all time, thought. He is just not balanced like Georges St. Pierre and Jon Jones. His wrestling skills are sadly not nearly as good as his BJJ, boxing and Muay Thai skills...

If we don't consider things like weight divisions and rules, thought, then Jon Jones just murders about everyone. Meets up doped as fock, pokes their eyes out and elbows and knees their skull to pieces, lol.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 4:45 AM
  15. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

I'm goona hear shit for this but Dc, Dc is better at HW and Fedor, Gsp and Jones are all very close.

16. Azzuri Majestic

Jon Jones. His only weakness is his boxing, but he makes up for it in other areas. Mighty Mouse is top 5, if not top 3, if we're strictly talking about skill.

17. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

The one that got closer to a win was Gus, Jones barely scraped by that and I suspect that's when he added mexican horse meat to his diet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Did Jones beat him at HW? That's when Dc is at his best and Dc dosen't use roids or drugs. Dc was beating him in the second fight untill roid ko.

19. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Prime Fedor was an fucking animal but with time he changed his style.

20. Extravlad Well-Known Member

France
    Jon Jones is nothing but a Badr Hari wannabe.

Fake thug fake criminal.

21. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

If Badr Hari has good TD he will be really good in mma but Saki just got koed.. going for leg kick in that type of range.

22. Morton Belgram Member

Jones has not beaten Cormier at heavyweight, no. But TBH, I can't imagine it making much of a difference if they fight at lightheavyweight or heavyweight. Daniel Cormier is great, but Jon Jones is simply greater. Jones would be stronger at heavyweight than lightheavyweight too.

As an MMA fighter, Jon Jones has a few "asterixes". With the roids, the eyepoking, etc.
    But on the streets, a big, doped up, reachy and extremely skilled guy like Jones who won't hesitate to snatch your sight away permanently is as dangerous as it gets.

Regarding Emelianenko, yeah, he was certainly one of the best.

23. Morton Belgram Member

Badr Hari is a great kickboxer. One of the best. Jon Jones is likely THE best MMA figther ever.
    However you rank them, your hatred for them (and they do behave badly) should not make you look away from their impressive skills.