1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Stainless Cupcake, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Stainless Cupcake New Member

I am quite frankly shocked to find little or no mention at all of that great manga of all time named GTO.

One of the most charming and at times delightfully politicly incorrect I have laid my eyes on so far (granted, though ive laid my eyes on many things, manga isn't one of them).

It fast paced, well drawn, at times extremely witty and most importantly the moral that the manga holds isn't forced upon you or annoying. (something I can't say the same of naruto. At moments its too painfull to bear)

The story tells us of a young small time street gangster, fresh from his 3rd degree PE college. Always in trouble and on the run for the authorities, he wanders aimlessly through life in fast paced tokyo. Untill an odd twist in fate made him want to become a teacher. From there on things will never be the same for him or his students as the guillable yet ever well meaning ex-gangster teacher with his bleached hair strives to become the best teacher japan has to offer.

I demand this manga to be read at once. As for this thread: Either ignore it and let it pass away like some many doomed threads or feel free to discuss this giant amongst manga's.

Tags:
  2. Lunasakuramoon Newbie

I love Great Teacher Onizuka. I've never read the manga but the anime is awesome.

3. Stainless Cupcake New Member

Isn't it my dear? Yet if you ever have the chance, do read the manga....as usual with manga vs. anime, the manga is always more explicit and less shall we say "TV-friendly"? Yet nothing distastefull, though GTO has a knack of trying to balance that thin line....

4. Lunasakuramoon Newbie

5. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

I love this manga as well as the anime, tv series and the movie. If you haven't seen or watch any of this series's media then do it now, you won't be dissapointed.

6. Orihime Banned

^^;;; I buy GTO for my brother ever 2 months when Tokyopop releases a new volume, and I must say I love this manga because of its humor and some of the drama that revolves around Onizuka and his students' lives.

My kavorite character is Kikuchi and Urumi. :B

7. set New Member

I love GTo. I own volume 1-4. Volume 5 get relesed on Feb 1st. I love this manga

8. Hayate Dropped as a baby

I bought the first 3 volumes that have been released over here a few weeks ago, really good manga, funny as hell and man is he one perv.

Favourite quote: "My Airmax shoes for your beamer. Lets trade now."

9. ichigo7 Banned

I like GTO. I have book 2 of the manga. I now where you could get them. The charactor I like the most is Onizuka, he's a great teacher. i even have GTO the live action series too.

10. ichigo7 Banned

hey Last of the Uchihas i've seen all the anime eps and i have one manga too. I even have the GTO live action series plus live action movie.

11. xenex Mindless Student

I've never read the manga actually. Does it go beyond what the anime does? If so I might try picking it up.

As for my favorite part from the anime: I forgot her name but when the prodigy girl puts a snake down Onizuka's pant, and then he goes off trying to find someone to suck out the poison. If this is also in the manga, then it will no doubt be my favorite series of panels.

12. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

I guess the reason most people don't talk about is because it's quiet old now.

The Manga as another 2 ARCs well 1 ARC in reality and the anime ending much more detailed i guess. The manga is much diffrent from the Anime, in terms of event location.

13. Code Zoamelgustar

Great Teacher Onizuka is... well... Great. I've seen every single episode of the anime and I've read up to Volume 18 of the manga. I've only seen the 1st episode of the live action though. But the manga is definitely the best.

14. Yaman Celestial

one of the greatest animes ever, i want a teacher like onizuka, that'd be really crazy though :laugh

15. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

I own all the 22 0r 23 mangas that have come out and the first season of the anime series and one live action movie. I envy you for having the live action tv series. You luck girl.

16. GreatTeacherOnizuka New Member

ive read up to volume 15...does anyone know any sites where i can get the rest?

17. NekkiBasara New Member

yeah gto is really good....i just downloaded the prequel bad company...looking forward to reading that...gto was and still is one of the most popular mangas/anime shows.....they made a movie based on it and a live action tv series.....ive seen parts of the live action it was cool.....i dont know where you can still download the manga online....but they are definetly worth owning if you got the money...this website is narutofan so im not suprised gto isnt mentioned....if you go to anime forums that arent mainly naruto you will see gto mentioned quite a bit...that manga has alot of issues and deals with alot of different topics as some were mentioned in the original post with morals not being forced upon you and simple the character onizuka doing what he feels is right...i dont feel like thinking and typing what they are but onizuka is to much....i love when he goes into his heroic fight for justice in which his solid moral integrity is shown....you said 3rd rate pe college....but im pretty sure it was a 5th rate university he came from not 3rd....again im to lazy to check to confirm...onizuka kicks ass...i like all the students too...they developed each student really well...i like all of them.....except miyabi shes annoying...

18. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Bad company is the prequel of GTO? Are you sure?

19. xenex Mindless Student

I just downloaded ten chapters of bad company. It is a prequal to GTO. I'm flipping out!!

20. Code Zoamelgustar

Yes it is. One of 2 prequels of GTO. It was quite good, basically about Ryuuji and Onizuka when they first met. Is there only 10 chapters in this series? That's all I read.

Then there's Shounan Jun'ai Gumi which I've never read.

21. Musukuni Fading

GTO is definitely one of my favorite animes out there, the live action version, live action movie, and the manga are also great.

22. Lacus Clyne So Long and Goodnight

Where did you download it from!! I want it! I love GTO! It rocks my world!

23. xenex Mindless Student

Well, I used DC++ and the hub I'm using only allows students who live on campus at my school. There is probably a site you can get it from, I just don't know where.

24. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Thanks guys. You Know where i can find a link to the site that host either one of the prequel of GTO? Thanks in advance.

25. ichigo7 Banned

GTO live action tv series is a good series to watch and its really funny. And i really want a teacher like Onizuka too.

26. Code Zoamelgustar

Here has info so you can get it off an IRC channel. They have Bad Company and Volumes 1 - 5 of Shounan Junai Gumi currently.

27. GreatTeacherOnizuka New Member

whats shounan junai gumi?

28. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

I don't know much japanese but it think

1.shounan means boy or boys. I mean its similar to shounen so it most mean the same

2. i don't know what junai means, it migth mean the school they went to.

3. Gumi means group since the shinsengumi means freshgroup or newly elected group or something similar to that. Or t

So in other words shounan junai gumi might mean

Boys group(gang) of Junai.

Code thanks for the link. i will rep you for that.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  29. Code Zoamelgustar

It meens Boys Love Gang or something like that... according to Link removed at least.

About Ryuuji and Onizuka and I guess romance...

30. Nakajima Rolling Sly Stone

GTO is really good. Although the Manga and the Live action are the best of the series, the anime version is alright. It is my favorite manga and show of all time.

If anyone is wants the link to the Jdoramas of GTO live, Here