1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Guardian Angels

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Luffy2692, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Luffy2692

what do you think about these highly religious guardians? have you ever experienced a situation where you swore god or something else gave you a heads up that served helpful in the end? or maybe youve suddenly looked down once for no reason, only to find you wouldve stepped on a sleeping snake. talk about it here

Tags:
  2. blacklusterseph004

I don't think that individual angels are attached to specific people to be guardians. I think its more a matter of whoever is available comes to help. I think that it has to be a very special case though for an angel to intervene on your behalf. Then again I don't know for sure.

There have been some very interesting accounts in the Bible of what angels do when they are on earth. The most interesting of these to me is found in the old testament. (I haven't read it myself so I stand corrected) It tells of when the archangel (Michael I think) contested with the devil over the body of Moses.

Besides this though, my understanding from the Bible as to what angels are actually doing besides praising God, is waging war with satan's forces. I would think that they are quite busy.

3. Limitles Shadow

Guardian Angels are merely semantics. You call them angels, I call it dumb luck.

4. Luffy2692

i dunno, lots of people strongly believe in them. i personally think they exist. not sure what i think of people you know that died being them, but its all a matter of faith

5. Dr.Majestic

I don't know how an angle could actually protect you, certainly not obtuse or acute angles.

maybe one day scientists will find that elusive 361st degree, then after that who's to say what angles will do for people. :)

6. Elim Rawne

It's kinda like paranoia,you get lucky and you start thinking that you matter in the eyes of celestial beings.

7. Yorokobi21

I think they are guardian angels out there. I agree with blackluster that guardians are not specifically assigned to you. I think your guardian might be a relative that has passed away.

8. Saufsoldat

NECROMANCER! STONE HIM!

9. Xion

You should be arrested for being a necromancer.

*stole thunder from Sauf* :awesome

But sure why not? I mean angles are known to exist. Oh, you were talking about angels.

Yes to that too. :quite

10. Danny Lilithborne

It's the heart of the cards! :zaru

11. Saufsoldat

I hope you're joking :huh

edit: DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCK

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  12. I invented the internet

13. Lance Vance

Never, much to my chargrin, as such, I don't beleive in the paranormal.

14. Hwon

Guarding you from what? Natural events? Why? How?

When attempting to explain the causes behind things it actually helps when the explanations actually explains them.

15. Xion

:haha

I am muy sneaky. :LOS

16. Burningkyuubi

i don't believe in what i don't see. Never seen an guardian angel so i believe its just luck.

17. DeterminedIdiot

not sure about guardian angels but i deifnity believe there is "something" out there that helps when you really need it:genma

18. Xion

You really should believe what you don't see. I don't see air, but I know air exists.

Similarly we can deduce certain things exist from some starting axioms that you might never see. And that applies to a shitload of mathematical QM things (though QM relies on the inductive portion in the non-pure math parts). :quite

19. Taco

Lmao!

I think Guardian Angels do exist, I just haven't been saved by one yet... Or have I?

20. Hwon

So if I push you off a cliff you believe that "something" is going to save you?

Its easy to appeal to the idea that there is "something" behind a streak of luck or coincidence when faced with an "unknown" of how it happened or the events that caused it. Yet, when the outcomes are highly predictable such as you losing a long battle with gravity there isn't a wide spread belief that angels will catch you.

I put my trust in explanations that make sense, work, and allow us to understand the world a little better not because it is simply a comforting thought.

21. Cardboard Tube Knight

I don't think God assigns some Angel to follow you around or something, but I think sometimes one might in passing do something to help out.

22. pfft

someone was watching too much "Touched by an Angel" :iria

um seriously its always possible... but I think it would be more of a spiritual dilemma and not a physical dilemma that you would be saved from.

23. Cardboard Tube Knight

In my mind, its more like when you see a child doing something dumb like standing on a rail and go to grab them.

The Angel is just hanging out doing his shit and then he's like "Oh damn, look at this dumb ass, I guess I could save him..."