1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Gun X Sword?

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by CABLE, Jul 11, 2005.

1. CABLE

i saw a while back something about a series called Gun X Sword and it looked kinda interesting, and i think just this week or something the first episode premeired in Japan, so anyone know where i can get it subbed?

Tags:
  2. UchihaMorphine

First Subbed release was in portuguese, wow first episode rocked! Cant wait for a underground group to start subbing it, cause its licensed :(

3. Ha-ri

Anyone watch is and is it any good? All that I found out about it, is that theres a resemblance to Spike and displays characteristics very similar to Vash.

4. silverwings

I like it a lot. It's not terribly original so far, but it's slowly building up to its own.

And yes, Van is like some weird lovechild of Vash and Spike and yet he is himself. I highly suggest looking into it if you like Mecha/Western/Shounen animes. :)

5. A2L

Haven't heard of this... but the the main character, Abel Nightroad, from Trinity Blood is exactly like Vash.

6. TheVileOne

How's the music for this show?

Any good fan service?

7. Ha-ri

I'v seen the first couple episodes and It seems really good so far, btw how many epiosdes in total?

8. 8thGateGai

hmm I might Dl a couple of episode to see what it like.

9. silverwings

It might be 26 or longer, can't remember. Still on-going as far as I know.

As for fanservice, well there's Carman 99 (named for measurements :blink ) so I guess that counts. Haven't done much with Wendy, thank god, considering that she's like...15...

Music is good. I can't say it's the best music ever, but it's good and it gets the job done. And the opening rocks. :tem

10. Oujisama

I love this series. The fan subbing is going so slowly though, since only shinsen subs is doing it. Subbed up to episode 7, and can be found at shinsen sub's torrent page. Right here

11. Hitomi_No_Ryu

I watched it. I liked the scarf-sword but the rest was too average for me to keep watching...

12. Minus617

Yea i like the sword too and the show does have a lot of resemblence to a few other anime characters. I guess thats why I like it though. The story is diffrent so i'll keep watching hopefully it gets better and the animation looks pretty good.

13. Prince Leon

Wanna know how much I love it? Just look at my avatar and sig. :p

I love the music (both the OP and ED are great) and the animation is decent. But yeah, I'm really loving this series so far and love the characters that have been introduced so far. (You really don't need to think too hard to guess who my favorite character is ^^)

14. Kayo

Just saw episodes 1-3 and it was pretty good.
    I like Van but the robot anime is not the thing for me... I prefer superpower ninja anime :p

15. Kayo

OMFG even if I dont like robots this anime has been getting really intressting, the last episodes ruled and I can't wait for episode 9.
    Come one guys what do you think? :p Don't want to be a thread killer ^^

16. TheVileOne

GunXSword

So who is watching this AWESOME anime? To describe it, basically its Trigun meets The Big O. This time, our lone western badass hero is Van. Van's on a path of revenge against the claw-handed man who killed his fiance. Van is joined by a young girl named Wendy who is now in the same man's clutches.

This is definitely a mecha anime. Here they are referred to as "armor". Van's armor is called Dann The Thursday, which has this kinda retro, nostalgic look to it, but he's awesome. We don't know too much about Dann other than that he's stored in a satellite orbiting the planet and comes down when Van summons him using his funky saber.

A great series, fantastic animation, nice fleshed out characters that aren't cookie cutter. All the characters are very well done and three-dimensional. Awesome action, and like Fullmetal Alchemist its a very well done story and you feel like the story moves and has progression to it. None of it feels like filler or a waste of time unlike garbage like TENJOU TENGE.

If you aren't watching this series you fucking should be.

17. Prince Leon

I've been following it ever since it started. Great series I'd say. Just waiting for the subs to catch up to the end now. :amuse

18. GSurge

I've had mixed feelings of this show. It feels more like a mix between Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis Evangelion to me. You've got mechs, mental problems, loner badass people who sort of work together, and random scenarios that seem to only loosely advance the plot while working mainly on character development and backround.

I'd say it's watchable, I still watch it, but it's not great. 6/10 I suppose.

19. TheVileOne

I think its much better and more entertaining than Eva. Its really simple. Van wants revenge on the man who killed his wife. Wendy just wants her brother back.

And I love the show's character development.

I don't see the scenarios as random really. Just obstacles or problems in the hero's journey that they have to pass in order to meet forward. Many of which are happening because the people or armors they are encountering are minions of claw guy (don't know his name yet).

Better than half the other anime crap I see people going gaga over. Like Tenjou Tenge :p .

20. GSurge

My main complaint is that this clawed man really needs more of an "oomph" to him. As it is, he's just a creepy cultist dude who "convinces" people to follow him in a way reminiscent of any demagogue. When they started referring to him as "the comrade" my eyes rolled deeply.

I would rather have seen him portrayed similarly to how Kira is in the recent chapters of Death Note -- the world simultaneously fears and supports him. If he was in a position of power and many people believed in him, rather than a band of 7 or 8 fuckups, it would give him more credibility. Plus, it would give the protagonists some interesting social-clashing elements, perhaps causing some of them to also rethink their position and even support the guy.

21. TheVileOne

I think the protagonists already have plenty conflicts and anachronisms, namely Van. Van hates and dislikes Ray, but Ray isn't much different than Van is.

Van knows what he's doing probably wouldn't make Helena happy or it could consume him, but he's not going to stop till the end.

22. TheVileOne

Anyway guys, right now I'm looking for episodes 2-4 and 12-13. Anyone know where to get them?

23. Prince Leon

You can get 1-15 all from here:

24. TheVileOne

You aren't a prince, Leon. You are a king. Arigato.

25. Prince Leon

:laugh

Hey no problem man. Enjoy more GXS awesomeness. :amuse

26. TheVileOne

How long is this series by the way? 24 episodes? 26?

27. Prince Leon

28. uncanny_sama

hmm i dont knwo i was watching tis anime first to eps
    it was going for me until he called out that robot and
    the destroyed the other armor (that lucky guy)
    and then he did that pose

the "the pose"

slice and dice throuhg the enemy end up behind him and one knee touches the ground and in the back ground the enemy exlpodes

this was a little to corny for me reminded me to much of power rangers

ill watch some more eps before ill give it my final judgement

29. odin_valkyrie

ive only seen one episode but seems ok so far ill probably watch more

30. TheVileOne

If Power Rangers was good and had great dialogue, characters, character development, some seriousness and edginess...then maybe they are kinda similar.

Only 24 episodes :( .