1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Gundam Battle: Freedom vs Wing Zero

Discussion in 'Gundam' started by dspr8_rugged, Mar 5, 2005.

Who will emerge as the victor?

1. Kira Yamato/Freedom

111 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. Heero Yuy/Wing Zero

93 vote(s)
    45.6%
  1. dspr8_rugged

I found this in another place, and I would like to know your opinion on this one...

Who will win in the Gundam Battle between Freedom and Wing Zero (note: the series version, not that crazy looking Wing Zero Custom in Endless Waltz...)?

Share your thoughts on who will be the victor of this one. Whether mecha or pilot arguments, or what not... heck even silly answers are accepted...

But no idiotic answers like "Shinn owns them all!!" or "Deathscythe rules!" or like that.

I'll share mine later...

Tags:
  2. Mindless

I voted for Kira. Why?

Well, he is as stated, an ultimate beeing, the perfect human, the strongest coordinator. But he wouldn't win just because of that. Seeing Heero in Wing Zero in Endless Waltz against Wu Fei kinda made me loose faith in Heero. He looked so weak, wonder if he even put up a fight? Anyway, Heero ended up with his gundam totaly scrapped at the end, while Kira managed to keep his at least a bit intact. (An arm and a leg gone if im not mistaken)

Anyway, if we take the Wing Zero from Wing then (as you said I should). I suppose Kira would win too. Wing Zero has many times more firepower than Freedom but I think Freedom is alot more agile and fast compared to Wing Zero. So I say Kira would be standing at the end.

3. NejiHinata

An arm, a leg, all the wings, and it's head were gone.

But, yeah. Freedom would win on agility alone. It's constantly dodge and come up behind the Wing Zero. And with the nuclear power system constantly charging the weapons and phase shift, the Freedom would eventually wittle down that stupid Gundarium armor.

4. EE

I choose heero yui he was just a awesome pilot and the wing zero was a awesome and powerful gundam it was very fast especialy with its wing upgrades

5. Nite

The only two things Wing Zero has going for it are the Zero system and its huge beam rifle. But that rifle seems useless for something as fast as Freedom. Freedom is more agile, faster weapons, and the nuclear power gives it huge endurance.

Plus Freedom is just plain cooler =\

6. Chopstickx

hey my brother made this thread in another forum :wink

anyways...this was a pretty hard choice...
    Kira is coordinater and has SEED mode, but Heero has Zero System and pretty much survives any explosion =S plus, both their Gundams pwn xD

so after much thinking i came up with a solution...Heero would win. why? cuz even if Kira has the upperhand or whether its a draw, Heero would just self-detonate and take Kira with him...but knowing Heero he miracoulsy (sp?) survives like he always does... :oh

oh and one more little comment to everyone who says Freedom is more agile and fast...that depends on the pilot's skills and experience IMO. im not trying to say Freedom is a bad Gundam or anything but give it to another pilot and see if its still as fast as it is =/

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  7. Yaman

maybe if this was put to a fight of just beam sword to beam sword it'd be a little more even but still the freedom would win.

8. Nite

I don't think even Heero can survive a nuclear explosion. =\

The poll says Heero and Kira with their respective Gundams though =\

9. xeleron

Wing is a better G due to the zero system. It transmits techtical data directly to the brain, which allows faster reaction since it predicts the enemie's next move. <= allow wing to beat freedom in agility.. Actually, any gundam with the zero system will win. It is like making the pilot a newtype.

10. Jack Bauer

Yes but since Kira is a Coordinator, he should be able to calculate Heero's next attack and find a way to beat him since newtype brains think twice as faster as normal ones i think. Also I think Freedom and WZ have almost the same speed and firepower so it would depend, but if it was WZ Custom... Freedom better get the hell outta there.

*Thanks for the correction Mindless*

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  11. Mindless

A bit wrong there double-time: Kira is a Coordinator, not a Newtype. :p

Also I wanted to ask, why should Kira flee from the Wing Zero Custom? The WZC just has thoes angel'ish wings attached to it's back, nothing else.

A thing I didn't think about in my previous post was the Zero-system that is installed in the Wing Zero. If Heero is using that, Kira would have a hard time, but in the end, I think he would still win.

12. Chillin

Pure piloting ability even with Zero System it looks like Kira is the better pilot. The Freedom is more agile, fast, and better armed that the Zero. Kira/Freedom looks to have this one in the bag to me

13. dspr8_rugged

Actually, when I started this topic, I was undecided myself.

After thinking about it quite well, I guess I'm for Wing Zero, despite the fact I really liked Freedom ever since it came out. :D

Though Kira has the SEED Mode, he can pilot Freedom so fast that he can easily dodge Wing Zero's attacks. But he has less of a killer instinct, so his aim is to disable Wing Zero and not kill Heero in the process.

Heero has the Zero System in Wing Zero which greatly affects his battle performance, removing traces of doubt and fear in his mind, so that he can kill Kira with ease. He can pilot also as fast as Kira, but he won't be able to use the full charged Twin Buster Cannons unless Kira stands still, which isn't likely to happen. But of course, I doubt Heero will not rely much on it.

That's what I think.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  14. zaga

If Heero self destructs Kira would probably escape *Kira and Athuran battle* and get a new gundam :p

I think it would be a draw, but i choose Kira cuz he actually uses his head more, but Heero uses a machine*Zero System* to enhance his powers, so if they both changed their gundams into a plain old zaku's I think Kira would Win

15. Chopstickx

Kira didnt escape that battle completely by himself...it was revealed how he was saved in the GS Ashstray manga :oh

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  16. Chillin

The only option Heero would have is to go at it with Freedom close range, which is suicide being that Freedom is more agile (not by much if this is Wing Zero Custom) and close combat seems to be Kira's strong point.

17. Hansel

I would say that Heero would win simply because he doesn't really give two shits if he kills somebody. Not to mention his armour is much more resilliant than that on Freedom.
    However, I think that Freedom would still give WZC a run for it's money because of the whole agility thing.

18. TDW

Wing Zero is powerful, but I believe also that Freedom can have basically the same amount of strength, plus I believe that Freedom has more added speed then Zero, making it more likely to dodge the shots. Which is also attributed to better animation of course, but either way I believe that Freedom would be able to take on Wing Zero, maybe not easily since they are very good gundams controlled by very skilled people. You can never rule anything out.

19. xeleron

How did he escape???

About Kira being a better pilot than Heero if both uses zakus, I really don't know about that. I remember in GW that Zechs analyzed heero's battle in his wing gundam. He said his battle skill/movement was unhuman or something to that respect. Wing Zero is also pretty good against close ranged combat, considering he defeated epyon (which is close ranged based with a zero system) Only time I would say Kira is better than Heero, is when he is in seed mode = zero mode for heero. But then, not many ppl can use the zero system, just as not many ppl have the seed mode..

so I say is a tide.

20. shadowtyphoon23

heero wasnt even fighting wu fei. he was trying to stop him from making a mistake. so that cant even be considered a fight. he would have owned wu fei's ass.

21. Mindless

I know he was trying to stop Wu Fei without a fight but it didn't work so well since Wu Fei used his beam staff against him. And then Heero had to defend himself with his beam saber.

If you don't call defending to fight, I don't understand. All forms of combat, regardless of the manner (defending, attacking etc.), is to fight.

But it's true what you say, Heero would have whooped Wu Fei's butt if he had wanted to, but he didn't.

22. Grimlock

Freedom will whipe the floor with Wing Zero. Hands down.

23. SiL3nT

The wing zero on the basis of the pilots carelessness for life and the Z.E.R.O system.

24. Mu Dada

*sigh..i love hero..but i kinda feel like kira would win =( (meh..ill vote for heero) =P

25. dspr8_rugged

So far, the battle's been a little close - 15-11, Freedom leading.

I just want to say that I was quite annoyed on the responses of the thread where I got this topic. Just look at some of the "intelligent" answers I found:

Well, why bother answer?

Well, I guess this person has only seen Wing.

I would like to tell him - "Wing Zero's capability to destroy a colony in one shot doesn't justify its advantage over Freedom. Freedom won't even give Wing Zero a chance to fire a full-charged Buster Rifle shot."

-----
    No, I don't have a grudge for this people. It somewhat annoys me though, I don't know why. But then again, every one has his or her own opinion regarding this matter, however they say it. Of course, a little justification would help. :)

Though, I'm not saying my opinion is the best either. :)

26. Wren

think of it this way; kira vs. rau le curuze he fought to kill evne though he doesnt like to--- plus the piloting ability, and also the ludicrous power they gave that Gundam in SEED... Wing Zero's main points are its Zero system, its Double Buster rifle and basically it can fight for as logn as it wants (jst like FREEDOM), but its buster rifle isnt made for this type of combat and he woudlnt really get a chance to use it. so its down to Zero system vs. Kira, where id have to say Kira would win simply because they made him so damn good. and when he goes SEED mode im sure he can take Heero in Zero system, as he starts off is a coordinator (which is basiclly like a watered down nu-type) and to top it off is the so called "ultimate coordinator" or watever they call it... bascially Kira has too much going for him despite his "i dont want to kill" mentality and he ends up doing so quite often anyway. and no im not a Kira fanboy (or heero for that matter) just givin my 2 cents :p

PS; and if you want to talk about piloting ability how often was Kira fighting aganist overwhelming odds? yes Heero was as well, but his odds weren every time 4 Gundams, or 3 Gundams, Plus the assorting GM suits. Heero at most has fougt vs. either a buncha GM suits or Zechs n such at once and was havin quite the hard time against zechs and never really beat him (two on one zechs still kinda pulled out on top anyway...). so id have to say that Kira wins in that department once again, but its kinda ridiculous as to how good they made Kira; and the power they gave the frickin Gundams in SEED---no real reason to build cap ships id say if one GM mobile suit can take it out....

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  27. Donkey Show

I don't think a lot of people add the fact that Wing Gundam Zero was made out of Gundanium alloy, which is damn near invulnerable to a lot of crap. Second, that alloy makes the mobile suit really light in comparison to Freedom, which weighed about 71 Metric tons versus WGZ's 30 some odd tons. Combine the smaller size of the Mobile Suit and you have a versatile killing machine that Freedom, with all it's railguns and stuff, wouldn't have a chance hitting due to it's sheer manuverability, and not to mention Gundanium's nigh-invulnerability.

WGZ wins. (And I hate Wing Gundam) :amuse

28. spikey

well a couple of things first i think they were being more real with the size and weight of mobile suits in SEED i mean 30 tons for something of its massive size? not to mention its whole system that it carries.

kira would rape heero. why? first freedom can fire at ur ass while moving. so while hero is charging is uber powerful cannon kira is gonna blow the crap out of him. also kira can hit any position on a mobile suit to the dot. so he can blow away Wings buster rifle like nothing. and think about METEOR freedom against wing zero custom. i mean yea Wing has firepower and lots of it but u guys are underestimating kira's weapons. oh yea nuclear battery isnt ever gonna run out. and in HiMAT mode heero is screwed hands down

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  29. Baka-Sama

This match is a really hard decision. But Kira has to be the winner. i've seen, and finished, both seris and Kra would have won. Heero is a very skilled pilot and can keeps its cool but when it really gets out of hand he goes balistic in to Zero Mode. His gundam wing custom also has a very great defensive mechanism: His wings (gundam WING. get it? lol corny yes i know xD) Wing Zero also has very impressive fire power but if u think about it he only has his beam rifle and his Valcun gun's as his long range weapons and his beam saber as his close-range weapon. but with all the fire power, think about it: Will It actually Hit Kira? he would be better if he had a normal beam rifle like Freedom's.

Kira on the other hand also has great piloting skill's and he's THEE ultimate coordinator. His Freedon gundam is very agile and the fire power isnt as strong as Wing Zero's twin beam rifles,but it has a WAY better chance of hitting his opponents. when it comes to long range its hands down Kira. But when it's close range its really debatable to see who will win. caz both Wing Zero Custom and Freedom haf great are very strong nd it would be a long and bloody battle if Freedom and Wing Zero Custom were to duke it out close range it would be a very close battle. but with Kira's expert piloting skills, SEED ability, and his Freedoms Nucler power,Kira would take the win but also suffer some major injuries from fighting Wing Zero

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  30. NaraShikamaru

Err heero has much more experience in a Gundam i would say and he is one of my other fav gundam fights..but Kira is also a hard match-up for heero...but IMO Heero would kick his ass