1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Gundam Modelling

Discussion in 'Gundam' started by Kiba-kun, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

Anyone else into this? I've barely started, but it's a fantastic hobby. So far, I have: (Wing kits abundant because they are so cheap ^^)

1/100 Buster Gundam (with Archangel logos ^_^)
    1/100 Deathscythe
    1/100 Wing Zero
    1/100 Sandrock Kai
    1/144 Wing Zero Kai
    1/144 Cgue
    All in HG;
    1/100 Ez8
    1/100 Aile Strike
    In MG, and
    1/144 Zaku Warrior
    1/144 Heavyarms
    in no grade. I have Char's Zaku, Z'Gok, Rick Dias and Hyakushiki in HGUC on order ^_^ I'm a big Char fan. Anyone else?

Tags:
  2. Chillin The New Sword

FINALLY someone to talk about this with! I just got into it myself really about a year ago. I just finished MG Char's Rick-Dom, in fact it's sitting over there on my table right now so I can put on the dry transfers! Anyway I have all MG kits, I'm trying to get some HGUC just for the hell of it

Char's Rick-Dom
    Rick Dias
    RX-78-2 Version Ka.
    Wing Gundam Version Ka.
    Wing Zero Custom
    Freedom Gundam
    Strike Gundam
    Kampfer
    GM Command Type
    Zeta A1
    Zeta C1
    FAZZ (Full Armor Double Zeta the cooler colors version from Sentinel)
    Qubeley MKII
    Nu Gundam

Those are the ones I have so far, I'm looking into getting the mass production version of the Gelgoog, Hyaku Shiki, and the Sazabi. Those will probably be my next three

3. Grapes Hear Me Angst

hm, i only have a few but oh well, just posting it >.>
    freedom gundam
    justice gundam
    strike gundam
    strike rouge
    buster gundam
    duel gundam
    deathscythe

yea, most of them from gs ^^;;;

4. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

^_________^ I'd love most of those kits! So little money though :( Is your Strike good? I'm still waiting on fresh paint supplies before I build mine. I'd love to get Sazabi next, but it's sooo expensive....I'll probably get MG Hyaku Shiki or Quattro's Rick Dias. Zeta rules, and so do those suits.

5. Chillin The New Sword

The MG Strike is awesome. The reason I haven't gotten Sazabi yet is because of the price, but I guess I have to come to the realization that I won't be getting it for under 80 dollars. I really want it so I can have it right next to the Nu Gundam.

6. Mindless Ergo Proxy

I've thought about buying some for a long time. Too bad I haven't had the money :p

Been thinking about buying Freedom, Double X and the Impulse. That would land on a about $100 from Japan to Sweden, with shipping.

7. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

Stay well away from any Freedom that isn't the Master Grade - they're crappy. Compare Link removed to Link removed ^^; The first one, HG, cannot expand its 'wings' and hold out the cannons at the same time, as shown in the picture second from bottom on the left in the second one, MG. I don't see much point in having a Freedom that can't do such a classic pose :p (Although *waves pocket watch in front of eyes* you know Strike looks better...)

I don't know much about the XX and the Impulse models, but the 1/100 HG ones will invariably beat the 1/144. I've heard bad things about the 1/144 X models, but I haven't seen any myself so I can't be sure on that account.

8. mpthread Medic of Doom

The double X is a good model the only problem is that the back cannons are to heavy to have the model stand upright without help, I just wish that they would make a master grade of something from gundam X. And I have the MG Sazabi its a really cool model, took forever to build but it was nice. Anyone else here get the 1/60 strike three weapon system? thats a fun one since you get to change the packs on it plus it was easy to build. And the best part is combining the three backpacks so the strike has the huge sword in one hand and the huge gun in the other with the aile pack on

9. Chillin The New Sword

I wish I did have the Strike Weapon System. Unfortunately the downside to the MG Strike is that it only comes with the Aile pack. If the MG Strike came with all three weapon packs that would have been awesome. I wouldn't really mind shelling out the extra cash for it. And yeah the MG Freedom is awesome. I had the HG 1/100 Freedom and it does not compare to the MG Freedom. The MG is proportioned better and doesn't use crappy stickers for the wings (matter of fact the HG doesn't even give you all the stickers you need). Unfortunately the only downside to the Freedom MG (mine at least) is that some of the dry transfers say "Phase Shit Armor" instead of "Phase Shift Armor", I can't make these things up folks.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  10. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

*Laughs manically* You can't be serious?! That is utterly fantastic, I'd put them on just for the novelty value.

I was wondering, do the 1/100 HG Strike weapon packs fit the MG? Admittedly it would be a bit expensive to shell out for them just for the weapons but it would be nice to consider, anyway. Sword Strike is awesome.

11. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

Revival no Jutsu!

Gundam models, discuss!

I wanna here from anyone who has a 1/100 Impulse model - Sword or Force. Obviously, I want one, but because it won't be Shinns for much longer I'll save my money if they're a pile of crap.

12. Chillin The New Sword

:laugh OMG, you're the best, thank you I was just so lazy I didn't even feel like using the search function.

Anyway I haven't gotten the Sword Impulse yet, but I guess for what it is the Force Impulse is a good buy. You can assemble it sort of like in the show. With the Force Sillouhette, Leg Flyer, and all that. I think it is better than the 1/100 Aile Strike from Seed. Only thing is I wish it came with a display stand like some of the newer MGs. I'll probably buy the 1/100 Sword Impulse next week (birthday!) and I'll tell you how it is. I would buy the 1/60 Force Impulse, but I don't trust 1/60 models that are not PG plus like the 1/60 Freedom it looks kind of bulky.

13. 3rdStrike A Hedgehog's Dilemma

Well, I have the whole set of Wing.
    Loading up in SEED and DESTINY MS this summer in Hong Kong so MUHAHAHHAHAHHAA.

Anyway, how much do you guys have to pay to get a model? In US and Sweeden or wehrever you live?

14. Kagalli Off-duty Fanart Hunter

I love Gundam Models! But I'm pathetic and only have 2...
    1/100 Gundam Epyon and 1/144 of another (I forgot the name). Gundam models arent cheap and my mom won't let me get em. *sigh*

15. Chillin The New Sword

It really depends, I think the most I've paid for a model was 75 dollars which was the MG Nu Gundam. I'm kind of mad because I realize now I could have gotten it cheaper. I usually LOAD UP on models during conventions where I find them the cheapest. On occasion I will go to the local hobby store and pick a couple up like I will probably do next week. Usually I see the high end models (MG and PG) about 10-30 dollars cheaper at conventions than I do elsewhere. If there is one big model I will get before Otakon it will probably be Ex-S Gundam. I've been waiting quite a while to get a deal on the Sazabi.

16. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

Ex-S is horribly proportioned, judging by the photos, but it'll certainly be a challenging build. I'd get it myself if I had the money.

Anyway, 1/100 Destiny in July and 1/100 Strike Freedom in August. Whoo! And here's a bunch of pics of upcoming releases:

Spoiler: Model Pics
    Destiny
    1/100
    .:FALLEN ANGEL:.
    1/144
    Link removed

Strike Freedom 1/144
    Link removed

Gouf Ignited HG 1/144
    Link removed

Ginn (Blue Cosmos Purple custom) HG 1/144
    Link removed

Blaze Zaku Phantom (Heine Color) 1/100
    Link removed

Rey's Blaze Zaku Phantom HG 1/144
    Link removed

Neo's Exous EX
    Link removed

Sky Grasper w/Aile Pack PG
    Link removed

WHOOHOO! It looks like the 1/100 Destiny comes with a stand! Yay! Hopefully this'll set a precedent for S-Freedom and other future releases ^_^

17. ssouske Callsign: Urz 7

it depends... 1st grade kits are the most abundant ones... they go for 200-400 Philippine Pesos (US$ 1 = Php 54... do the math...) then 1/144 HG kits go for Php500-900. the 1/100 HG cost arround Php1K-2.5K... then MG's (the only MG kit i have seen so far is the MG strike and the MG RX-78-2) is arround Php3k-5k haven't seen PG's yet but they say that only speciallty stores here have them... and they get those directly from japan... i costs arround Php10k

18. Mindless Ergo Proxy

For me from Japan (HLJ) shipping would be like 200SEK, and that's about, uhm... $30 I think. So it's not very expensive I think. Of course, the shipping price is affected by how big the actual package is (weight, size), if you order like 2 MG models and a PG model, of course it's gonna cost alot more in shipping than if you bought 2 HG models and 1 MG model, since they are smaller, and lighter.

19. Jikes why does no one listen to me?

so far i've only got a 1/100 version of Blitz gundam and Deathsythe Hell Custom. I plan on getting alot of the new gundam's from destiny.

20. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

so far, i only have a 1/144 deathscythe custom, an SD wing zero and rx78gpo2a, and 1/100 models (HG of course) of V2 and wing zero. ive been really wanting to get the 1/60 of freedom, wing zero custom,and strike. i wonder, does the 1/60 model of the strike system fit the 1/60 MG of strike? oh, and i want to get the 1/60 of rx-78gpo2a. the bazooka of it is so insanely huge....

21. Chillin The New Sword

All MGs are 1/100 scale. The 1/60 Strike weapon system fits the 1/60 scale Strike (it comes with the model anyway). The PG Strike is also 1/60 scale, but the weapon packs are not meant for that model. The PG Sky Grasper that is coming out will come with the Aile Pack that you can put on your PG Strike. The MG Strike only comes with the Aile Pack, but to me it's a much better buy than any of the 1/100 HG Strikes.

22. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

oh. my bad. i didnt mean master grade. i meant perfect grade. does the 1/60 striker pack system fit the perfect grade of strike. the 200 dollar one....whats this about a perfect grade of freedom not being made? i went searching, and all i saw was a "big and high detail" 1/60 scale model. i was like wtf?

23. Chillin The New Sword

The Strike weapon system does not fit the PG Strike. It is meant for the regular 1/60 Strike Gundam. The PG Strike comes with that sweet looking sword and the knives. The PG Sky Grasper coming out will have the Aile pack that you can attach to the PG Strike.

24. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

i want a pg version of buster and sword....so a pg version of the sky grapser? wont that look kind of lame? i want a pg version of freedom and the new gundams

25. ssouske Callsign: Urz 7

PG's are not that accessable here... but i might be able to pull some strings with one of my classmates... one of my classmates own the firm that directly imports the gundam kits from bandai japan... so i might be able to get my hands on PG's... the only problem is the price... i only get Php1,250 allowance every week... and it ain't enough even for an MG... i can get 1/100 HG's but that would drain my allowance... nevertheless, i want all seed mobile suit kits... even the astrays, ginns, and daggers... maybe ill purchase arround 3 each of 1/144 1st grade of those ms then get 1/100 HG for others... then get 1/60 PG for strike, freedom, justice, S-Freedom, and I-Justice... the kit that i want to get right now, a Blue Frame Astray Second L kit... the huge sword looks cool... :laugh

26. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

Read my post on page one for a picture of the PG Skygrasper. God only knows why you'd think it looks 'kind of lame' ?_?

27. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

wow. that actually looks nice. im surprised. maybe its because im not a big sky grapser fan....

28. ssouske Callsign: Urz 7

wow sky grasper+aile pack looks like ZZ gundam in G Fortress mode... :laugh

29. Chillin The New Sword

I really do hope they make a PG version of the Strike Freedom. I would definitely pick that up. I also want an MG Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice and with Infinite Justice the display stand would allow you to pose it with the backpack unit on I. Justice's feet or on it's back. That would be so awesome. As a matter of fact every model from now on should come with a display stand. I would not mind paying a bit more for the models if they came with the stands since you can put your models in the coolest of poses with them.

30. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

Couldn't agree more - it looks like bandai is beginning to realize that, what with the 1/144 HG Gouf Ignited coming with one and the 1/100 Destiny looking likely to be packaged with one.