1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Hajime no Ippo

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Hajime Saitou, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Hajime Saitou Legendary Samurai

This has to be my favorite anime ever now, i love the action,character development and the comedy is HILLARIOUS! It's starting to be released stateside now but they changed the name to Fighting Spirit, So far they released 1 dvd in the U.S. and the 2nd volume comes out oct.12 and the 3rd volume dec 14th.I have all the episodes and movies subbed on cdr's but i still wanna collect these.I got the first dvd and the dubs SUCK imo so im glad they give you a option to listen to it in japanese with subs, the bloopers are very funny though so check those out.Anyway enough babling what do you guys think?

Tags:
  2. Vaelen Lazyness Incarnate

I havne only seen around 17 or so episodes of it, but I'm reading the manga and loving it.. :D I've also seen the trailer for the dub, horrible.. really horrible..

3. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I havent seen the anime yet but ive read till volume 20 in the mnaga, great stuff

4. aLkeMiSt Curious

I can't find episodes of this anywhere, any help?

5. Chibi New Member

My friend was obsessed with this Anime and made me download it for him. I dont have any of the video links or nothing anymore though otherwise I'd be happy to help..most of it was from DC++ on Linux. But I am not a major DC++ user anymore.

but for the longest time all I heard was Hajime no Ippo..over..and over....and over.....and over.. and over... and over... and over some more....and over....

It did end eventually and I am glad. This is the first I've heard now in maybe half a year. I think I peeked at it just a bit..it was about boxing or something so I wasnt really interested. I did sort of hear it was sposed to be funny.

6. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

Ah... Hajime no Ippo. That anime.

This is one of the most interesting anime series that I've seen. This is a fightsport/boxing anime - with those auras, techniques and special moves - only raw force.

The series is good on every episode, on or off the boxing ring. The character development is also a good point, not to forget, the comedy. You may sometimes find yourself laughing your ass off. :D

This is a series that is worth watching and recommending to other anime viewers. If you don't like boxing, maybe this can interest you at the least.

Though 75 episodes isn't enough...

7. IonDragon Old School

sounds nice.. think i will search for some trailers or something

8. Code Zoamelgustar

This is a great manga. I've read up to chapter 345(latest translated so far) and I'm just starting the anime. This is my 2nd favorite sports series and one of my top 10 series in general. In the anime, not sure if they had those Miyata fights(which were one of teh highlights in the series IMO) but it's nice seeing some of the fights animated. I'm only around the Mashiba vs. Ippo one in the anime.

9. Kurow New Member

I really enjoy every episode of this anime and Ippo is one of my favorite characters so far. The manga is even more cool that the anime with a lot of details and the translation work of snoopycool is just great.

SPOILER

Ricardo Martinez vs Eiji Date that fight really really rule!

10. DaktheRipper Crimson Nin

Ippo is one of the best animes made. it's has action and humor. i haven't seen one bad eps. it is well worth the 15gb download. even though it took me days maybe even weeks. it was worth every min of not playing any internet games to let it download. if you want em just ask i have all 70 eps

11. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

If im correct, its up to volume 65 at the moment, and its not losing one beat, its actualyl even more interesting than when it began.

12. Code Zoamelgustar

It's way past 65... I read the raws of Volume 70 and 71 a few weeks ago.(Didn't understand a whole lot though...). It's also a weekly manga.

Things right now in the manga are going real good.... It would be nice they at least released ovas of the fights in the anime. Like the next one would be Miyata vs. Crocodile and have a whole OVA to that fight and so and so on.

13. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

71? damn i havent read anything past 45! why did the anime stop? it wouldve been brilliant if it coninuted? and they dont need fillers casue there is som much to do in it.

14. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

There are some seriously spectacular fights beyond where the anime left off too. Takamura's World Title Match is brutal, and exciting... In fact, most of Taka's fights after that actually get him a little thrashed. He has to work for his victories in his best condition for once(before, he usually only encountered problems in his fights if he was having trouble with weight management). He sees images of Coach Kamogawa and everything. :laugh:

HnI just continues to stay fresh and funny... Though, I can't imagine how some of the people following the weekly releases could stand some of the "prep time" chapters, like before Takamura's World Title Match, that was like a Volume+ long... I wouldn't have been able to stand it. :p

Oh, minor spoiler ahead: At the end of v71, Ippo/Kamogawa are just now starting to talk about fighting Miyata. After a troublesome Title Defense, Kamogawa says something about Miyata that surprises Ippo... I imagine they "declared war", or something along those lines. So if any of you are following the RAW releases, we'll FINALLY be able to see Ippo's re-match with Miyata pretty soon. Can't wait.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  15. euglee15 i luv girls

i was to lazy to see if there was a thread on this but i just started watching this and am currently on ep 26. i really enjoy it cuz it is kind of an action/comedy series. i was just curious if anyone else watches it and what their thoughts on it were.

16. spookembassy Disco Bandit

I hadn't heard of it until recently and a bunch of people recommended it to me

17. euglee15 i luv girls

yeah i got pretty addicted to it.

18. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

It's good, I tell you. Great balance of comedy and action. Nice characters. Hair-raising fights. The boxers don't have auras and such (since this is more of reality, apparently), though some boxers do have very "unreal" moves.

Well, there is nothing bad about the series. It's all good. :)

19. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

20. Sirius Ice Weaver

where can i download it?

21. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Link removed

Here

I suggest using the first link.

BTT; Hell yeah Hajime No Ippo is seriously one of the best manga/animes i've read/watched. Fucking hilarous, the fights are awesome and the characters are on another level compared to most of other manga/animes.

22. Fighting Spirit wat

Rawr keep the manga spoilers outta here!!! XD.

OnT

O m f g! This show rocks!!! It's ALMOST at the same level as Naruto is. Only like 5-10% away from being as good as Naruto. The action + humor is wicked! Specially the humor, hahaha! Too bad it was so short =(. This far i've seen the 75 episodes + 76 OVA + A Champions Road. Only thing left for me to watch is Kimura vs Mashiba :(((((!!! *cry*.

23. Baby Raptor Disciple of Jiriaya-sama!

that is complete series ?? since i dont read or seen anime or manga but it is good ?? since i already read it it is okay but i will try it out !

24. yujiro1982 Banned

i have them, but i don't know if i should post it here

25. Mr. Vash Member

Hajime no Ippo = one of the best anime ever.

use BT to dl them.
    :O or Link removed

26. Fighting Spirit wat

Anyone know where to get the OST?

27. TheGenius Sōten Ni Zase

I think that Hajime no Ippo is 1 of the best animes ever! I've seen all the episodes of the anime and i wish they would make more.

They combine action and comedy perfectly, I would recommend this anime to anyone who watches or even in fact doesn't watch anime.

A definent go to watchsmile-big

Also the dubbed english version is pathetic but im happy that they allow you to change the audio on the DVD.

And by the way does anyone know where i can download the OST from?

28. Jotun Dyroness

So apparently another season is going to start in Jan 09. "New Challenger"

About fucking time if you ask me D:

29. Ketchups Bored

You bumped a 2 year old thread, niiice :awesome

30. Jotun Dyroness

What is this the first time you've seen someone use the search tool?

Very relevant with the new anime coming out.

Thanks for the spam though.

Animation team and everything seems to be mostly the same with a few changes. The music director is different, but I have faith. I wonder how many episodes they are going to crank out before another break though.