1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Haku vs. Gaara

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by sammo, Jan 30, 2005.

haku vs. gaara

1. Haku and his girlish mirrors

34 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Gaara and his dirt!

177 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. sammo

who do you think could win in this amazing battle? haku with his mastery over water, or gaara with his absolute control of sand? vote here now.

Tags:
  2. purplecharm

Of course Haku! S/He managed to beat Sasuke, of course s/he will beat gaara

3. Shinobi Kiwi

Gaara's sand would protect him from any of haku's taijutsu with speed. He's a !@#$'n demon.

4. ChickenPotPie

The only chance Haku would have is if it were by a lake. He would have to use Zabuza's style rather than his own needle attacks but he would probably be killed before that happened.

5. neodragzero

Is it me or should the result of such a feet be obvious. Gaara would win hands down. The fact is that even with Haku's best technique, not one single one of those senbon needles would even touch a single hair of Gaara's body. Just adding the use of Shukaku would just be more than unfair.

In short, Gaara would obliterate whatever Haku could throw at him and Haku along with it.

6. tri-sapphire

Yes, because we all know that extreme speed cannot get past Gaara's barrier.

7. martryn

Haku moves at extreme speeds when passing from mirror to mirror, his needles don't go faster. Gaara would slaughter Haku.

8. angtu

Really? I think it would be hard for Garaa to catch Haku. I mean, unless garaa let his demon out then it's different. Otherwise I think that the sand are not fast enough to catch haku's attacks. Not just needles, but maybe water attack. And his speed will surely give the slow garaa a lot of troubles. His mirror will give haku even more to even the odds.

9. Ghost-

Haku's needles couldn't hurt Gaara even if they got past the sand shield due to Gaara's armor of sand. Haku has the speed but lacks the power to really damage Haku, eventually Haku would get caught by the sand, and by eventually I mean right away (if we are taking manga current Gaara into account).

edit: Though Haku might actually be able to hurt Gaara if he had the ability to use Water Dragon Blast (that one Zabuza and Kakashi did on each other...the one with a million seals). But since we never saw him do that, i'll assume he can't, though he might have some other water jutsu that could hurt Gaara...it would really come down to how much water is availible for Haku to use.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  10. martryn

He makes himself into a ball of sand, let's out the eye thingy, and just increases the balls radius until Haku can't move without getting caught. I'm sure there are other ways he can do it.

11. ChickenPotPie

All I'm saying is that Haku is doomed to be killed since Demonic Ice Mirrors is his trump card and didn't use it until he was kicked by Sasuke. Kick by Sasuke=Sabaku Sousou by Gaara. Maybe if Haku had actual killer intent things would be different.

12. Gunshin

I can't imagine Haku beating Gaara. How will he beat him? Ice Mirrors (Haku's only chance)? I can't imagine those needles being able to break his sand barrier or sand armor.

13. korican04

If sasuke could catch and intercept Haku in the mirrors with a weak sharingan there is no way that haku will beat garaa. If garaa can even catch kimmimaro then haku is dead meat. All garaa has to do is create more sand from the minerals from the ground and cover haku's body and all of his mirrors. Garaa can cover acres of land with sand then compress all of it.

14. EdwardElric

Really depends on the surroundings, but I can't imagine any way in which this would result in a Haku victory. At MOST, Haku pisses off Gaara enough to use Shukaku, and BAM it's over.
    This would probably be the actual fight:
    Haku: Secret Jutsu! Water needles thingy!!
    Gaara: Blocks with sand. Desert Coffin. Desert Graveyard.
    GG owned.

15. tri-sapphire

Sasuke was only able to catch Haku by memorizing his attack pattern, which was only visible because of the water Sasuke flew into the air.

Haku can create mirror's at any place with water, not just in his circle formation. If he had survived, and trained a little, he'd probably be able to get water from the moisture laden air.

And acres are much much larger than the area Gaara hit with his desert avalanche. Haku also has the ability to manipulate water and ice. He turned his house into a giant porcupine when he was around 6.

Against Naruto and Sasuke, he wasn't even trying. He wasted his chakra trying to wear them down (he was able to hit Sasuke and Naruto in about 30 different places in an instant). After Sasuke had merorized his attack pattern, and got the timing down, he was already slowing down and couldn't hold the technique for much longer. He ultimately lost because he took so long talking and trying to beat them without killing them.

I'm not saying that Haku is on the same level as Gaara, he's nowhere near it. But his demonic mirrors is near the level of Shunshin no jutsu, with the added bonus of being able to attack on the way between points, and not needing to plant a mark on the target point, since he can whip up a mirror and port in about the time it takes Kakashi to run up to Zabuza from about 5 meters away (Kakashi was also going top speed, since it is a requirment of Raikiri).

If Gaara starts to go Shukaku, he's dead, since his defenses don't operate once he starts the transformation.

Haku does stand a chance, however small. Remember he's probably killed just as many people as Gaara, since Zabuza was constantly hunted.

16. BattousaiMS

Given what we seen in the Anime and Manga, Garaa would win.

However it won't be an easy battle. Haku was mearly toying with Sasuke and Naruto was the only one actually was stonger agiasnt him not only that caught him by suprise. It's pretty obvious to guess that Haku would have all the techniques Zabuza used.

But got this battle, it would go to Garaa, because Garaa isnt a normal person, only a demon can beat a deamon, and Haku is not a demon. If it was any other person apart, Naruto, Garra and Kimmimaro, Haku would have pretty good advantage against them.

17. Jeltz

His mirrors are probably worthless against Gaara. His needles can't hurt Gaara. Gaara wouldn't even need to waste anything to protect agianst them since his automatical protection would be enough. Haku on the other hand would tire from using the mirror jutsu. The mirror jutsu would probably even reduce Haku's chance of winning aginast Gaara if it isn't more to it than what we have seen.

18. HiJutsu Sensatsu Suisho

even though i'd go for haku (obvious reasons :p) based on wat we've seen, gaara would win, it would be close though, coz haku's Hijutsu Makio Hyoushou is still probably able to break the sand shield, the question is what haku plans to do once he's past the shield :p

19. They can make a sand castle together.
    Gaara wins, those demonic ice mirrors has no use a gainst gaara. His shield will always protect him, but we can't say the same for haku. He will get owned by gaaras sand attacks. He is fast but not Lee fast. I doubt that he can dodge those attacks. And if it comes to a part where gaara is in trouble he can release shkaku and its over.

20. korican04

What are you talking about, an acre is 200x200 feet which is less in area than a football field (only about 75%), garaa covered at least 3 of those which makes it acreS.
    go to chap 215, p 18 and tell me that's less than 200x200 feet. or even less than 3 football fields side by side put together.
    Everything else i agree with you.

21. StoneWalker

I don't know if this has been said already, but SAND+WATER=MUD. If Haku can do some other type of strong water attack besides demonic mirrors and water pins (my memory of that arc is a bit hazy) he would have Gaara PWNED. How would Gaara use sand if its all wet and muddy?

Unless Gaara creates a shield of super-thick sand as quick as possible while attempting to crush Haku, I don't think he'd win.

22. korican04

Actually sand + water = wet sand. You ever go to the beach? that's how you make sand castles cause the sand is still sand and doesn't disolve.

23. Jeltz

I wouldn't be surprised if Gaara could control mud. It's still sand. He seems to be able to controll the sand when it's wet with blood so why not?

Edit: Yes, it wouldn't be mud really. Just wet sand.

24. StoneWalker

What are beaches? XD (canadian here, don't know this stuff lmao)

well, blood is alot thicker than sand. I think if you were to soak Gaara and his sand, he's have a bit less control over it? It would be all clumpy. And that would give Haku more than enough time to finish off Gaara.

25. korican04

Sand actually gets harder with water in it. So imo it would be giving garaa a better defense.

Anyways weather garaa's sand gets wet doesn't matter cause he can just keep making an endless supply of sand out of the ground.

Well if they were fighting on a sea then garaa would be pwned prolly.

26. Nono

what a coincidence, i just read a doujinshi today and in it, Kankurou pulled a prank on Gaara by pouring water into his gourd.

27. hyuuga2004

Haku cannot beat Gaara's Defence, and is very difficult to escape do Sabaku no Coffin

28. tri-sapphire

No, an acre is 4,840 square yards. Around 14,520x14,520 ft.

I think you exaggerated just a bit on Gaara's desert avalanche. Though he may be able to cover an acre after the time jump :p .

29. Jeltz

No, 4840 square yards is 209x209 feet or about 60x60 metres.

30. korican04

you got your math wrong, as someone already stated. I rounded off to 200x200 for a rough estimate. My dad owns 11 acres in puerto rico and that isn't that big.
    I'll do the math for you.
    4840 square yards => 4840square yardsx9 square feet/square yard=43560 square feet

square root of (43560) = 208.7 feet
    so an acre is 209 feet x 209feet. Or you can google it or something.

I know what an acre is seeing that I own land myself.

So i'll say it again, garaa can cover acres with his sand (since an acre is only 200x200 feet.)