1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Halo the movie?

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by Keyser S?ze, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i just heard this a couple of days ago if anyone is interested, apparantly peter jackson has got the rights to make a halo movie. that's right the lord of the rings director. not much else is known, no release date, just the fact that he's interested. If it's anything like the game (which it will be) it's going to be awesome.

Tags:
  2. coolbird2004 New Member

Halo

I hope Halo becomes a movie, I have Halo and Halo 2 and really enjoy playing them over and over again.

3. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

The word is that Peter Jackson will produce the movie, and his production house WETA will be working on it and it will be shot on New Zealand.

I do think its pertinent to mention though that most video game movies suck. They are never able to capture what makes the games exceptional.

4. ghostsweeper GSGuardian

i wonder who they could possibly choose for the characters? like the cheif himself has never shown his face to my knowledge. jeez will the ovie host the flood..ewwww

5. ghostsweeper GSGuardian

(imagining the walking flood-nest exploding)
    what is the official name of that flood type which explodes into the tiny insects

6. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

it'll be about the master chief, jackson said it himself. the master chief is a robot man.

7. Kaki Condensed hits harder

Peter Jackson should fair pretty well with it, may be alright.......

8. Rook Sui Generis

From what I've heard, it'll follow the game storyline very closely from the fall of Reach, to the discovery of Halo, to the subsequent parts of the game after that. I also heard it's supposed to be ultra-violent, even called the "Saving Private Ryan of video game movies."

Personally, I can't wait to see a game-to-movie transition that's actually good. And considering the huge fanbase, they know they better make this one worthwhile.

9. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

yeah, i think it'll be a good one too. which probably means that they're going to be doing a halo 2 and probably a halo 3. making this a 3 movie franchise. hopefully the first will be good so the other 2 can follow suit.

10. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

This might indeed be interesting, but I'm still clinging to the flawless logic that, game to movie = sux, until proven otherwise.

11. Kaki Condensed hits harder

True, its going to need alot of action and violence, or rediculous antics like my freinds and i would do on co-op.

12. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i hope they'll blast mad peeps. it's too bad that the first movie wont have the blades, i wanna see some people flying in the air slices up peeps. I hope he'll use the full array of weapons too.

13. Chas3265 Kazekage

It's called a carrier form and it explodes into a bunch of infection forms.

14. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

you think they'll do that first person shooter look they did in
    Spoiler:
    doom?
    that wuold be kinda intense.

15. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

They have some good people on board...Peter Jackson, the director of the Lord of the Rings trilogy is a producer or something.

16. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

yeah he was jumping at the chance to make this movie. he's got an animation studio and everything, i hope he puts as much work into this as he did in lotr. it's obviously going to be a blockbuster movie if he advertises correctly.

17. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

Peter Jackson is the Executive Producer... he didn't write the script.

Apparently, the script itself has already been written and reviewed. I'll post a link to the review once I find it again... it does sound pretty darn good though.

18. Chas3265 Kazekage

That script might be fake though. It's not confirmed.

19. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Anything based on Halo's boring ass story just can't be good...

20. Vilnius Who the hell hit me?

Halo's story is good as far as FPS games go, and the third book, First Strike (which takes place between Halo 1 and 2), opened up a ton of great story possibilities. Unfortunately, thay didn't make use of any of them in Halo 2, which I bought partly because I wanted to see how the plot threads in First Strike would tie up.

Halo has a ton of story potential which is revealed through the books. The author of the first and third books (the second is basically Halo 1 in text form), Eric Nylund, had the Halo Bible at his disposal, and the story he wrote was approved by Bungie. Why they would not build upon the books in the video game is baffling to me.

21. contender^ i'm all in_!

i heard about this movie a few months back... but i also believe that the transition from a game to a movie is bad. just last night i was watching doom, and it kinda was lame imo.

anyway, if peter jackson does film the movie... hopefully it'll be a good trilogy. :)

22. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

yeah exactly. i hope he takes his time with this movie, and i hope he follows the story line of the first game, then the second and so on. it's going to be an animated starship troopers like movie. lol, there used to be an animated starship troopers series, but it got cancelled, lol. it was pretty good.

23. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

I demand first person Shooter action.

It worked so well in Doom, and with the potential for shiny pretty lights in halo it should be a good crack.

24. Tal Rasha shadow-nin

whoever said that the HALO storyline sucked doesnt know what they're talking about. I mean it's obviously not as deep as an RPG would be, but for an FPS, it has a great storyline. I really hope that Peter Jackson does a good job on the movie(s?), and considering that the LotR trilogy was (in my opinion) among the best movies of all time, I think we're safe.

Although, I have to say, that I think HALO will be one of those things that either is amazingly awesome or horrifically shitty...

25. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

The way I remember...the Starship Troopers movie(s) suck. And the first movie bombed as well.

26. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

lol, yeah they did? however i wasn't talking about the movie. i was talking about the animated series, which was o.k. my point is, master chiefs outfit is going to look similar to what the suits look like in starship troopers the animated series.

27. G. Hawke The one who left

...........Halo had one the best FPS stroylines ever.
    Heck, only Half-Life i think could truly claim to have a better storyline.
    Stroyline wise this movie is set.

Peter Jackson is doing it? :omg
    OMG! My expactations just went up a couple of notches.

28. EonNinja Ban-Kai Tenza Zangetsu!!!

I love Halo and Halo2 ....it was my FPRS game i've ever played and somehow im not scared about the flood.....except when i first met them......It's going to be the best movie i ever see!!!!!

29. Potentialflip One Last Stand

Peter Jackson is the Executive Producer. He never has a hands on with the project. But he oversees those that do. He is responsible of setting up the team. From Director to so on. I also believe just like any other movie there is usually going to be another person who will be Executive Producer (in actuallity it is his wife, Fran Walsh) with Peter Jackson. Right now Alex Garland (28 Days Later; Wrote the Beach [not the movie that was horrible, the book]). Microsoft paid $1 million dollars to do the adaptation. Right now still no Director is named for the film. Nor any actors/actress'. Well this is either because it is being kept secret to who it will be. As the adaptation is already rumored to have been finished. Universal/Fox also expecting production to begin by next year. If Joseph Staten (wrote the story for the games/so far in updates in the bungie site shows that he has had some say as far as which direction the film should go) did help with the adaptation which so far has been confirmed all Halo fans should rejoice instead of hanging their heads. The way DoA fans have already. As well as Tekken fans. Even MK fans are hanging their heads once again with the announced third film.

But the way the direction of this adaptation is coming up. It looks good thus far. Nothing I could think of where one would go "this is going to be another crappy adaptation".

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  30. malfurion New Member

Halo had one of the best FPS storylines ever on CONSOLE :wink

I am willing to bet for $1 that it would be the best movie adapted from video game, no matter how much it sucks, judging from what I read about the movie so far. And $1 is how much I would spend when I catch it at my local dollar theatre when it comes out :laugh