1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Hanebado!

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!, Jul 2, 2018.

1. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Synopsis from MAL:
    Ayano Hanesaki, a first-year student at Kanagawa Prefectural Kitakomachi High School, has a badminton ability able to surpass others effortlessly yet avoids playing the sport. She meets Nagisa Aragaki, a third-year student who practices day and night aiming to become the best player in Japan. Encouraged by coach Tachibana Kentarou, supported by club colleagues, and fired up by various rivals, the two engage in their youth and adored sport so thrilling like a shuttle flown at high speed!

--------------

The first episode just released and . . ..

Aww yeah, hardcore badmitten sakuga. Something I never thought I'd ever witness. And oh my goodness, did you see how the muscles on her legs tensed up?
    :bury

Along with the solid animation, I'm diggin the character designs a lot. They're curvaceous, varied and all very very very easy on the eyes. There's also one in the OP who looks a lot like Nozomi from Keijo. She even has the giant white scarf too.

Story seems pretty shoneny so far. What with hard worker losing to the overtalented prodigy in the beginning, and then the two of them seemingly destined to team up in a bit here. There's some fun with Ayano's BFF, and some club drama due to Nagisa's trauma from her humiliating loss. So yeah, an ok setup so far for this kind of story.

Tags:
  2. Lewd Global Moderator

England
    I'm not really a sports anime guy, but that animation is gorgeous. Might just have to watch the first ep for that.

3. THEALMIGHTYGUY Forgive me for being an Elite

4. blakstealth Club Bangerz

5. Lewd Global Moderator

England
    Nooooo.... :ninja

6. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Very standard sports series starting so there's not a lot to say but the characters and art looks surprisingly excellent, which is interesting because Linden Films usually is the opposite of that.

7. Lewd Global Moderator

England
    I enjoyed the first ep though it is very melodramatic. These kids have such strong feeling over badminton.

8. Roman Chariot

Gonna give this a watch tonight after all.

9. egressmadara Wanderin' About

Better than tennis! :hmpf

10. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

11. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Germany, Belgium
  12. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

reminds me of that haiako series but with tits.

wont watch but i can respect women with muscles in anime :catsalute

13. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

• Lewd Lewd x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Roman Chariot

Saw this last night. These thighs are LEGENDARY

Yeah, I'm defo gonna watch this.

15. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Ah, yeah, that's why this felt so shonenly familiar. Setup is definitely similar to HQ's. Character archtypes are definitely different tho.

16. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Wait, are you guys talking about Haikyuu or something else?

17. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Yeah, Haikyuu - remember in the first ep, Hinata goes up against the Miyata clone and gets womped, then later on, they end up in the same school and team?

18. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Haikyuu's first episode was leagues above this one emotionally and it used the twist of Kageyama being on Hinata's team very well. Additionally Volleyball is a team sport and Haikyuu more than any other series aside from Slam Dunk really nails the team aspect.

Kageyama isn't much of a Miyata clone either in personality or story role. At most you could say he vaguely resembles him in appearance. I appreciate the Ippo nod, either way.

I know I wasn't watching this 100%, but wasn't this about the best player on the high school team losing in a tournament and this new girl accidentally shows some prodigious ability to catch a hit and she gets a bit jealous and butthurt due the circumstances because the girl isn't interested in sports?

19. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Yeah, wasn't talkin about quality or which was better or anything, just how the main story beats felt similar. And it seems there is a good reason why they felt that way. The same dude - - worked on the series composition for both shows.

I mean, I heard that the manga for Hanebado begins a bit differently, so I figured the dude pulled from what he knew. I just took a quick peak at the first chap, and yep, it is a little bit different. The old match wasn't given much emphasis at all.

That, and Shorty caught the coach's eye by .... running up a tree.:derpko

I usually refer to most stoic-ish, dark haired rivals/teammates in Sports anime as Miyata clones, even if there is quite a bit to differentiate them from him. And with Kageyama, there was quite a lot there to differentiate him. Just a habit.

20. Lortastic Is Lorgasmic

Man that's a real slap in the face. You work so hard to try and defeat the girl who slaughtered you in badminton in Middle school and the next time you see her she's playing tennis

21. the_notorious_Z.É. The Pirate Prime minister

Portugal
    That gif of the match caught my eye and I randomly decided to give this a try and it was actually pretty good much to my surprise.

22. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Germany, Belgium
    I want to play badminton

23. Plexa Well-Known Member

I watched this while I was wasted the other day and I'm pretty sure I was blown away.

Edit: Here's some canon photographic evidence of me really enjoying this anime.

24. luffy no haki 1st Seat

Nice start, yeah the manga is a bit different though it basically is just a matter of giving more reasons to the MCs friend to call the coach a perv, nothing relevant actually.

Animation was neat but honestly the story isnt as captivating nor interesting as other sports series. Who knows maybe seeing it animated will give it the punch i didnt feel in the manga.

25. Magnum Miracles Thank You, and have a nice life.

I need a good female sports anime since Keijo was canned. :catfish

26. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Whoaaa the music is so good. The animation is great too. Hopefully it stays that way.. Cause I know how animes just put all the budget into the first episode and make it look all pretty then it just gets bad afterwards lol.

Just not into how melodramatic they are about it lol. Hopefully the mood changes..

Edit:
    Oh shit the music composer is Tatsuya Kato. No wonder it's amazing lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  27. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Nozomi after learning her sport was banned throughout the world:

And thus she took up badminton

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  28. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

My sisters and my initial thought when we saw her was that her bow is so huge lol. They're like bunny ear sized

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  29. Kellogem Well-Known Member

wow, so much drama over fucking badminton.. its some serious shit.

I didnt know what to make of it in the first half of the ep, but by the end I decided this is just too much for me. the suspense is killing me.

but seriously, there is a limit how much drama and tragic music over trivial shit I can get. and that girl doesnt want to play badminton, so whats the point of forcing her? I guess to have all the drama from doing something just because of pressure and not out of heart while being good at it and then the other girl having the complexes from not being as good. and then struggling faces covered with sweat and tears.. she should be "no, I dont want to play, so you wont talk me into it" and the others are like "ok".

also the contrast between the dramatic internal suffering shit and the lighthearted generic slice of life stuff is too big, one sec all tragic and serious, the next bad comic relief.

animation was good tho, but I wont wait it out until someone gets some sport injury and cuts her wrist after prolonged emotional suffering.

30. blakstealth Club Bangerz

Second episode is pretty decent. I'm glad Nagisa got over herself and apologized. Now, I wonder if she'll do the same with the other members that quit.

I'm guessing that Ayano feels neglected by her mom who's a badminton pro. That little snippet of the magazine where we see her and another foreign player who she probably trained also helps the theory. And maybe her mom went all out on her with the badminton training to the point where Ayano's just doing it to do it.