1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Predictions ( read first post )

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by metronomy, Jul 18, 2005.

1. metronomy Active Member

First and foremost, only continue reading if you have finished reading Half-Blood prince; if you have not and don't want to be spoilt I suggest you leave this thread now.

So what have we learnt from Half-Blood Prince; most importantly, Voldemort has seperated pieces of his soul and has stored them in seven artifacts of significance to him. Without destroying this "Horcruxes" Voldemort can never be killed and he essentially remains immortal; thus explaining why he was not killed when the killing curse backfired on him.

Second most importantly, that Snape was the "half-blood prince"; now this is a fact that alot of people seem to have just browsed over and believe that it had/has no significance to the storyline.

At the moment, I am still in the camp that believes that Snape is still working for Dumbledore; There's still to much mystery surrounding Snape.

I believe Scrimgeour will play a much bigger part in Book 7; As much as there is content towards him, I still get that glimmer of hope aura from him, especially with Dumbledore gone now, I think we have to look to some one.

On the topic of Dumbledore's death; he is dead, and will stay dead. However we now know that he is around in portrait form now in the headmaster's office; so maybe he will still have a part to play in the story.

R.A.B - The only person I can even believe this applies to is Regulus Black; Though Harry seems to be overlooking this letter, we all know that whomever left the fake locket there will play a massive part in Book 7.

Now, I'm most intrested in how Book 7 will be written, I always thought that all 7 years would pass at Hogwarts; now, anything could happen I think Book 7 could last more then a year, and it could quiet possible start or contain a time skip.

What will become of the Order of Phoenix, I think they will still an active group, whom will perhaps join up with the ministry.

That's enough for me at the moment, any other predication and theory's will be much appreciated.

Tags:
  2. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

My predictions for Dirty Harry 7:
    Harry's education at Hogwarts is over, but he is gonna visit there atleast once, whether the school reopens or not, if for nothing else then to get Gryffindors sword.

Harry will get mail, a note or a diary or a magic book or whatever, which was to be delivered in case od DD's death or one of DD's old aquaintances will pay him a visit and perhaps teach him some nice stuff.

one thing for sure there's gonna be alot of death coming in book 7
    Voldemort, Snape probably, Bellatrix, several random Death Eaters, atleast one of the Weasleys I'm sure of that.

Voldemorts attacks will begin with Harrys 17th birthday, so he's got to be ready by then.

Most times of the book even more so than in book 6 Harry will act alone. He will use his friends and the Order of the Phoenix mostly to gather information, like who is R.A.B. and so on.

Shall we make a poll on how far Harry will go with Ginny at the wedding? :)
    a) all the way (Yeeehaaa)
    b) they stop in the middle (no we can't...bla bla bla)
    c) they get stopped in the middle by Ron/Mrs Weasley (Rofl)
    d) a whole day of agony of holding back on both sides (Argh, I fear it's going to be this one)
    e) Ginny comes with new boyfriend and proves what a tramp she is

I'm not sure whether A or C would be the best, Ron walking up on them would be just hilarious. B and D sound most propable and E would only be annoying.

3. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

MY predictions:

I think Harry will most definitely not continue his studies. As he said, he will go back to his relatives' house only for a short time, then search for the horcrux...

I, however, don't believe hogwarts will close down, as JKR did say something about the house, Ravenclaw....

Also, i think the ministry will most definitely be a pest, once again...and i think Percy will *hopefully* come to his senses on how stupid he's become...

As said in the other thread, Snape is still a good guy..and he'll probably explain everything in the last book..

JKR also said that the last word of the book will be scar? I think Harry might lose his scar..but that's just me...
    any other interpretations of this?

4. mgrace Guess Who's Back?!?!?!

thanks.... no need to read the book.. i got the spoilers here AWESOME......

saved me some time

5. silverwings Hero of Time

I think R.A.B. will play a big part in the next book. The fact that not much time in Book 6 was spent on what happen to Sirius leads me to believe we have to find *something* out in Book 7.

One of the main 3 isn't making it.

Snape will die, probably in a redemption move. Or, Snape will play a big part in taking down the big V.

Luna and Neville (especially Neville, I think), will play a larger role in Book 7 compared to Book 6.

Sirius will come back.[/wishfulthinking]

Finally, this may seem like the last book in the Harry Potter series, but I don't think it will be the last book in the Harry Potter universe. :wink

6. Procyon Loveless

Sirius' brother, dead or alive, should have a more prominent role due to the recent Horcrux thing.

7. Nakor Active Member

its hard for me to decide if snape is good or evil. why would he kill dumbledore if he was good? i mean he could have just told them all to leave and lead them out instead of quickly killing dumbledore. i mean voldimort will still know that malfoy didn't go through with killing him. it seems to be a great sacrifice to just be able to stay close to voldemort. the only reason i can think up is the unbreakable vow.

hogwarts will most likely still be opened. but what if she skips a year or two before starting the story in the seventh book. like hogwarts could be closed for a year and then reopened one year later if they feel it is safe again.

i wanna know what you guys think about this: how is harry supposed to get strong enough to face voldemort, let alone snape(maybe), and various death eaters. he's got to be able to do spells without talking all the time and he's got to be able to block people from reading his mind. i don't think there is anyway for him to get this strong in sometime under a years time.

8. sik4rilz Official Lol'er of the Kunai

ok..i think i got it..he will practice magic over the summer..(doing non-verbal spells)..they will expel him and he will not care..he get's his apparation license and goes to the burrow for the wedding and takes ron/ginny/hermione.(she'll be there) and maybe luna n neville..(they will be important) to go find horcruxes.i think snape is still good. i think he may have been told to kill dumbledore so that V. will trust him..so that way snape can turn his back on him within the same second

9. Dr. Maturin Maho's myho

I'm glad you pointed out those concerns fireball, cause I have the same ones. I was a bit disappointed in book 6, because IMO we did not see Harry grow and develop very much as a wizard. To me right now, there are too many factors stacked against Harry and he is not properly equipped to face the challenges. Dumbledore had a hell of a time getting the horcruxes and he is one of the greatest wizards of all time. I just want the plot to be realistic. I'll be interested to see how JK deals with this.

Predictions:
    I don't think Ginny is just going to let Harry walk away.
    I bet Fleur's little sister is going to have a huge crush on Harry and try to give Ginny so competition at Bill's wedding.
    I don't think Sirius's role is over yet. Ditto with Dumbledore.

Reps for fireball.

10. mayumi Well-Known Member

Go

i am not really sure how harry can possibly get strong enough to defeat voldemort unless its dumb luck. maybe he will practise half-blood prince spells(not). i think the person who will aid harry or fumble voldemort's evil plans will be wormtail. since he is debted to harry and i believe dumbledore told him that that is a big thing.

snape is someone i don't trust. he is kinda like voldemort, would be funny if he takes over or something. jk. malfoy will probably help harry, his mother and him don't look like they are too fond of the dark lord. they already know they are his tools and only want to protect his dad/husband.
    ________
    Good Sex

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  11. TenshiOni Active Member

I have one depressing prediction.

I believe Harry is the final horcrux and that in order to kill Voldemort, once and for all, he's going to have to take his own life in the process.

THAT would be sad.

Oh and...

Snape isn't really evil. He killed Dumbledore because he had to due to the Unbreakable Vow.

12. sik4rilz Official Lol'er of the Kunai

Spoiler:
    no way..i mean..i don't think he's evil but he didnt do it cuz of the unbreakable vow. he could have very well stayed inside without going outside and killing him..i dont think he would've died..i mean..if he didnt KNOW it wouldnt hurt him right?..and i'm pretty sure that harry would survive the horcruxes..because V has to kill harry directly right?.

13. Nakor Active Member

how could he be the final horcrux? how would voldemort have gotten his soul inside harry?

when i read it, i didn't get the impression that snape had to cause of the unbreakable vow. i mean he was supposed to help malfoy accomplish his plan right? but wasn't his plan just to get the death eaters in the school and set them up to kill dumbledore? did their plan actually involve malfoy being the one killing him, or was he just supposed to help?

14. sik4rilz Official Lol'er of the Kunai

he was supposed to kill him, but he wanted help. that's y he tried it alone twice.

15. TenshiOni Active Member

In chapter two, Snape made the Unbreakable Vow with Draco's mother, promising that, he'd protect Draco no matter what (and that includes from Order of the Phoenix member's who might try to kill or harm Draco if they catch him pointing a wand at Dumbledore) and that, if Draco was unable to carry out the murder, that he'd do it for him. Snape had no choice in the matter.

IMO, when Snape realized that he had no choice but to make the vow with Malfoy's mom and Beatrix in order not to blow his cover, he realized that he was killing himself as surely he didn't believe that the great Dumbledore would be caught defenseless against a 16 teen-year-old (remember, Draco's mom was worried about this very thing, a teenager vs. the strongest wizard living), meaning, by agreeing to the Unbreakable Vow, Snape was hoping that Dumbledore would kill him if need be. By making the Vow, Snape was sacrificing himself to save Draco, who if he didn't help, he would've surely been killed along with his father and mother. But as we all know, there is no way Dumbledore would kill Snape, so in the end, Dumbledore realized (i'm sure he realized Snape was under a Unbreakable Vow) that he'd have to sacrifice himself to save Snape.

Snape isn't evil. Now, that the Unbreakable Vow is over, Snape must be filled with deep pain for having killed Dumbledore. But also, he can't reveal that he's still on the Order of the Phoenix's side. I mean, he just proved extreme loyalty to Voldemort by killing the only wizard he ever feared. It'd be stupid to yell out now, "HA! Got ya, Dark Lord! I'm really a good guy!". He'd be killed. So now, Snape has to play it evil. Until, of course, the time is right...then, I bet he'll help Harry in the final battle against Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

This, is all my opinion, and prediction.

And as for the Harry being a Horcrux thing, I just threw out that prediction as it sounds like something Rowling would do. I dunno, maybe when Voldemort gave Harry his scar, transferring many of his powers unto Harry, he unintentionally made one more Horcrux than planned? So basically, I'm saying, maybe Voldemort made 7 Horcruxes, instead of 6, but he doesn't know it.

EDIT: Damn, so many typos...I think i fixed them all. X_X

16. metronomy Active Member

Indeed, the prophecy never said anything about both of them dieing. Though after all the Horcrux's are gone, Voldemort will still be alive, so someone has to kill him.

17. sik4rilz Official Lol'er of the Kunai

if dumbledore knew that snape was under an unbreakable vow, it wasnt then. it was probably before that. snape would'vy told him. and as for snape killing DD, i don't he did it for his own safety. i think he would've gladly given his own life for DD's because if he was truly good he would've sacrifised his own life. and killed the death eaters or didn't kill DD in which case he would've died anyway. and i dont think that harrys would be the 7th horcrux because harry needs to die to be a horcrux.(i think). good theory though.

18. kapsi Banned

Dumbledore comes back as Dumbledore the White.

19. sik4rilz Official Lol'er of the Kunai

um...lord of the rings much?

20. metronomy Active Member

You must cast Voldemort into the very fiery chasm of whence he came.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  21. sik4rilz Official Lol'er of the Kunai

yeah..and harry will sudenly become obssesed with his invisibilty cloak..

22. TenshiOni Active Member

What? :blink

Read what I wrote. I said that. In my theory, Dumbledore knew he was under the Unbreakable Vow, regardless of whether Snape told him or not (Snape might not of been able to tell him - might've been something about the magic behind the Vow).

i sad that....

Yeah, after the deed was done (killing DD), something he HAD to do and had no choice in the matter, Snape couldn't have gone around killing Death Eaters as that'd blow his cover which he just unintentionally strengtherned 10-folds.

That's what I'm saying. Harry will die. =/

Hopefully I'm wrong though, I don't want him to be.

23. metronomy Active Member

I cannot wait to finally read about Godric's Hollow.

24. Low-fi Boy Head in the clouds

And Harry visiting his parents graves ... should be a very emotional scene

25. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

you all should read silverwing's idea on snape, on the other thread.
    Snape is probably still a good guy, and as someone mentioned, Snape had to kill Dumbledore due to the vow. And Dumbledore knew this as well. Which makes me believe that Dumbledore was actually persuading Snape to kill him.
    And on TO's prediction, that would be real sad, man. My brother also reckons that Harry is a horcrux... hope that's not true.
    I just wish that Ollivander won't get killed...it's getting depressing how alot of old faces are getting kidnapped, killed or taken captivity of. Percy is a prat, period.
    I also agree on Regalus being R.A.B...it fits, he calls Voldemort the dark lord, also it states that he would be dead by the time Voldy reads it. And we do know that Regalus is now dead.
    Another thing i'd like to mention, is how JKR puts up the weirdest...pairings...:blink i understand Tonks/Lupin, i mean, she must have been reading alot of fanfics, but..Filch/Pince? BUAHAHHAAH! :rofl that cracked me up then, and still does now!
    TO: about Dumbledore knowing about the vow even if Snape never told him. That's highly possible. As we've known before, Dumbledore has magic which does not even need a wand..although so does many..but whatever
    Like in the first book, he was able to find out that Harry had been looking at the mirror and all those stuff...so, Dumbledore posseses some kind of magic which makes Voldy soo afraid of him.
    And yes, Harry visiting the grave will most definitely be an emotional scene.
    BTW, any thoughts on the last page of the book? JKR had said, a very long time ago, that the very last word would be scar... :blink

26. Pods Dihydrogen phosphate

I am wholly convinced Snape was a double agent, and is still working for Voldemort and the Death Eaters. This opinion is supported by the interview with JKR by the mugglenet guy. The interview can be found here: Bam!

MA: OK, big big big book six question. Is Snape evil?

JKR: [Almost laughing] Well, you've read the book, what do you think?

ES: She's trying to make you say it categorically.

MA: Well, there are conspiracy theorists, and there are people who will claim -

JKR: Cling to some desperate hope [laughter] -

So JKR has basically stated that people who believe Snape is still good are grasping at straws. Near the end, when Draco and Snape were running across the grounds, Harry shot a stupefy at Snape, who turned around, told Draco to run and began to duel Harry. Nobody was there, besides maybe Hagrid, a member of the order. Why why why why would Snape have hit Harry, after scoffing at the fact that he himself was the Half Blood prince. In addition, Dumbledore was the leader of the order of the phoenix...it kind of seems farfetched for someone to say, "oh yeah snape was keeping the act up, so he had to kill dumbeldore." so far, all the order characters have been noble, sacrificing themselves for others; sirius died for harry etc. what i'm trying to say is, had snape been good, he would have surely sacrificed himself for dumbledore (break his unbreakable vow). I'm thus very sure of snape's betrayal.

More to come later

27. sik4rilz Official Lol'er of the Kunai

y would he die though? theres no reason he should die to be made a horcrux. if he DOES die then V will be all powerfull. and i have another theory. if V has to kill harry personaly? doesnt that mean that he is invinsible to anything else?

28. Kno7 o.O

Im agreeing with you pods. I find it irrelevant for snape to kill dumbledore for his own sake. I mean comeon.
    Snape had no choice to agree to the unbreakable vow. BUT, he could have thought out a plan, to kill as many death eaters he could before he would need to help draco, then turn on him and die( because of the vow), sacrifising himself in a honorable way for the order.
    (parenthesis: remember in PoA, how wormtail was afraid of V, saying that he would be killed by V if he didnt tell him the secret? Well sirius told him: then you should have died for your friends..wait I'll get the exact words..
    "then you should have died!' roared sirus,"died rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you!"
    Words of a wise and honorable man, not like that snape coward.)

Now this is only my opinion, because I believe snape's life is worth much less than dumbledore's. This is unless snape plays a HUGE part in the battle of harry vs V. Either than that I would dumbledore's death would be useless.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
  29. TenshiOni Active Member

Well, if Harry was a Horcrux, he'd have to die because in order to kill Voldemort, all Horcruxes must be destroyed.

If Harry dies, someone else will kill Voldemort (doubtful), or more likely, they'll go out killing each other.

But keep in mind that I don't want Harry to be a Horcrux. Just saying it's possible. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

30. SamuraiSoul このジャッカルで・・・

To be a Horcrux himself, Harry would need to a) be dead, and b) it would need Voldemort to impart a piece of his soul into Harry.

Seing as how the curse intended to kill Harry backfired, I doubt Voldemort had the opportunity to implant a part of his soul into Harry.