1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever F***ed up the human shield thing?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by Aduro, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

In pretty much every action anime, every now and then a hero will dive in front of a comrade or friend in battle and take a fatal hit for them. The most famous example is probably Piccolo diving in front of Nappa's attack to rescue Gohan.

Usually that hit will be from someone overwhelmingly stronger than both heroes. This got me wondering. Has anyone ever seen the villain just punch straight through both characters? For example I would take back all my criticism of One Piece if Akainu had magma-punched straight through Ace's gut and Luffy's face in a single attack, killing both right there. I mean its not like that would be beyond his abilities judging by the size of his attacks earlier. It would be the funniest and most surprising anime ending of all time.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Tags:
  2. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Oh yeah, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer had a pretty infamous version of exactly what you described

Spoiler:

And then there's the real gut punch . . .